Indus Insights Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indus Insights Interview Questions

Interviews at Indus Insights

3.3

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indus Insights.

Interview

Came to my college for recruitment. Took a written test of 45 mi 35 questions or something like that.
    After that 1 round of guesstimates followed by rounds on case interview and HR. I could not go beyond guesstimates round.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to guesstimate total revenue that comes to a stadium during a cricket match in India.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Place, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indus Insights (College Place, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied through college.
    First round was aptitude test. Basic quantitative and aptitude questions. 50 were shortlisted for the next round.
    Second round was a guesstimate. A relatively simple guesstimate about revenue of ccd in a day.
    Third round was case interview. Went for about 30 40minutes. The case was primarily about a stock brocking company planning to increse their profits.
    Final round was HR round. Basic CV based questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indus Insights (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds after an aptitude test. The aptitude test had 3 sections with negative marking. First round of interviews was a guesstimate followed by case round and HR interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indus Insights (Pilani (India)).

Interview

One test. Out of 80 applicants shortlisted 25. We were given one week time for interview preparation and were assigned a buddy. There were 3 rounds of interview- Guesstimate, Case study and HR

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Indus Insights.

Interview

an aptitude test + a guess estimate question
    interview process - 3 rounds (1 guess estimate , 1 case study, 1 HR round)
    Process was pretty easy
    Guess estimate and case study needs practice

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Indus Insights (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

1hour aptitude test(20 questions - 70 shortlisted) followed by guesstimate round(11 shortlisted) and case interview round(7 shortlisted). 2nd round selection was more focused on CPI criteria ( mine was 7.6 and I was not selected).

Interview Questions

• Guesstimate:
      Estimated annual revenue generated by hawkers at any road junction.   Answer Question

Indus Insights Response

Dec 5, 2017 – CEO

Hi - Thanks for your interest in Indus. Just a quick comment / clarification - Indus Insights doesn't use any CPI / SPI / CGPA etc criteria for any kind of shortlisting.

Good luck with everything!... More

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indus Insights in August 2014.

Interview

I participated through the campus recruitment drive.
    Firstly there was a written round which had three sections : puzzles, maths(questions on bar graph and pie charts mostly), verbal reasoning
    The test was fairly simple and the cutoffs were really high

This was followed by two rounds of guesstimates, a round of case study and HR interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indus Insights.

Interview

1) Interview Test : General Quant questions and Verbal questions . In verbal they give a paragraph and based on the paragraph you need to answer a set of questions
    2) Guesstimates : They asked me to estimate the annual revenue of a GYM
    3) HR interview: HR questions, Tell me abt your self

Interview Questions

• I am a Chemical engineer so they asked why Consultancy specifically Indus Insights. Then Gen HR questions   Answer Question
    • in Guesstimate round they asked me to estimate the revenue of a GYM, which has many branches in india similar to Mc Donalds or Pizza hut   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indus Insights (Roorkee (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Written round had 60 questions to be done in 120 mins. (Quantitative : Tough, Data Interpretation: Easy, Verbal reasoning: Tough). After the test, I had a personal interview in which i had to guesstimate the number of eye wears sold in India annually. This was followed by a case study on eye wear business and a simple numerical on the same. The interviewer was fairly impressed and he went onto throwing at me another guesstimate on the revenue of McDonald's in India.
    The next round was another case study on a real problem of one of Indus's clients. The client was an eCommerce gift seller and I had to come up with ideas to increase the revenue. I didnt get enough ideas to impress the interviewer and i got stumbled. I couldn't make it to the next round and people who did, had an HR interview in which they asked questions like, 'Tell me about yourself' and 'Why Indus Insights'.

Interview Questions

• Is this your first interview? Have you applied in any other company? ( this question can get tricky)   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indus Insights in December 2014.

Interview

I was a part of the campus placement process. The process consisted of an aptitude test, and interviews
    Aptitude test had 35 questions divided into three sections 10, 15, and 10
    Section 1 consisted of quant based questions and very interesting
    Section 2 consisted of simple DI based questions, some were tricky though
    Section 3 consisted of GMAT critical reasoning questions
    It is unusual but I loved the test and found it very interesting. If someone gets a chance they should definitely try to give it for fun.
    The shortlist was huge with roughly 100 students.
    Next were a bunch of interviews.
    First was guesstimates which went really well. I got very nervous in the middle but the interviewer was very polite and asked me if I wanted water or some time to think.

Some examples which they share and also from mine or my friends(other institute) experience are
    a. Revenue of Airtel
    b. Revenue of an airport
    c. Number of ice cream sold
    d. Number of roses sold in India
    e. Revenue of the times group
    f. Revenue of hotel taj

The next round was case study and I was interviewed by the CEO plus same interviewer from guesstimate round but he did not ask any question. He was attentive to what I was speaking.
    It was interesting case study involving credit cards and finding the best credit limit. It was difficult for me to understand the problem since I was unaware of the Industry and I ended up flunking the round.

From others I have heard that the next round is HR and they ask simple HR questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. The interviewers were very supportive and helpful.   Answer Question