Industrial Light & Magic Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Industrial Light & Magic

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

15 Minute Phone call on google meet within the same day notice. The person was really friendly. He asked about some basic questions about the candidate and introduced his company briefly.

Interview Questions
  • Self description of both parties
    1 Answer

Industrial Light & Magic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic in Mar 2021

Interview

When approaching this part, it is helpful to remember the ultimate goal: to provide feedback that is actually useful and will help a candidate improve for the future. Blanket statements like ‘not enough experience’ or ‘weak design skills’ are not actionable and can feel condescending.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (Chennai) in Jan 2021

Interview

I applied online through the official INDUSTRIAL LIGHT AND MAGIC- ILM website for the position of 3d generalist. The interview process with INDUSTRIAL LIGHT AND MAGIC- ILM was very slow, they did not revert back on what the status of my application was in.

Interview Questions
  • Are you interested to work with us?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

a breeze and a delightful process. easiest to walk through and your previous works come into play which is needed to showcase your talent. Not so much on questions more to showing the talent.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (London, England, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview was done over video call - during the pandemic so that was the expectation - with the team talent manager and the department supervisor. They asked a few questions about scheduling and what my experience was. The rest were just informal get-to-know-you type question to gauge if I was someone who would gel in with their team.. All in all it was a comfortable environment created by the interview team and it went well overall. I think it would have been handy to have experience level attached to the job listing. I was not offered the job because they decided to go with someone junior.

Interview Questions
  • If you are falling behind on a bid, what do you do?

Industrial Light & Magic

Application

I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic

Interview

Met with HR Manager and Senior Executive to discuss my experience and the role in general. This took place in two parts, first with the HR Manager and then with a Senior Executive of the department.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel your background applies to the position applied for?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Met for one in-person interview with a team of direct and indirect potential supervisors for a free form conversation. It was in a conference room and a number of people came in and out to ask about previous work experience, get a sense of my interests, and how I would operate in their work environment.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (London, England, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

We were divided in two different groups. They want to get to know you and see how you work as a group. After the "group interview" they made a presentation of the last movies for us, which was really helpful to calm down. Than you have another interview with the leaders & supervisors of the department. Be patient, it took them a long time to make a decision!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic (San Francisco, MO)

Interview

There was first a phone interview that only lasted about 10-15 min. It was a breeze and they really just wanted to ask about who was generally... she only asked 1 or two questions. At the end of the call she said she would like me to come in for the in-person interview. The in-person interview took a while to schedule but it was a lot more formal and was pretty standard. She asked a lot about my resume and situational questions

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you were not in charge and had to follow orders? Did you have a lot of jobs like that?

Industrial Light & Magic

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Industrial Light & Magic in Jun 2017

Interview

A very calm, friendly and relaxed phone interview. Spoke about my background, the choices I made, why I wanted to join the company. Asked me where I saw myself in 5 Years. The overall experience was nice and friendly which was a nice change of pace from others.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews