Infineum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Infineum Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.9

IT Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infineum in January 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview, and they kept me around 2 hours.
    the job description was detailed as well as their needs.
    I spoke of my work experience and why they should hire me.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work experience.
      Reasons why I should be chosen   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infineum (Linden, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a 6 hours interview which included a general interview, a situational interview, a presentation, two technical interviews and lunch with potential colleagues. Everybody was very nice. The only negative thing was when I asked for feedback which I never got

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult situation with your boss and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Process Contact Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infineum.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting and suceeded in first round behavioral interviews. Second round featured a dinner the night before with a process contact engineer (PCE). The onsite interview consisted of several parts (presentation, technical, general, fit, case) and took up slightly longer than half a day. Interviews were mostly conducted by the PCEs) since you will joining their team.

Interview Questions

• Pointed to an experience on my resume and asked me to talk about it. Proceeded to ask followup questions regarding specific (technical) details regarding that experience.   Answer Question

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Infineum (Linden, NJ).

Interview

Process Technician morning shift consist of checking the seal for rail car that were loaded with 180 thousand pound of lubricant with worldwide destination, you also have task of collecting sample from assign daily tank, receiving tanker to load from tanks or receiving raw material for storage in empty tank. you also have a data-logger you walk around checking for leak and oil level and malfunctioning equipment. During the night shift you load rail card with lubricant material, in a average night you have 6 railcard to load some of this material are hazardous.
    you are also expected to keep some rail car on heat or unload some material into tank, this is one of the task more people hate doing cause you have to get under a rail car with some hot material coming off a hose under pressure. most of the time the job is done before 2pm, the operator pass the night on the computer watching YouTube video, video game, movies or resting they eyes while taking a nap.

Interview Questions

• tell me what kind of equipment are you familiar with a chemical plant   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infineum (Linden, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Basically there are two phases to this interview. Both of which are phone interviews.
    First one is a screening interview, answer the questions honestly and schedule the next phase.
    Second interview is an interview between HR and an employee, questions involving walking through your resume, behavioral questions, and (sometimes) a technical question. Very straightforward if you have interviewing experience, if not definitely prepare before this phase. Make sure you research the company and incorporate company values with your answers. While this may sound like a lot, the interview is rather calm and easygoing and typical of most interviews nowadays.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume!   1 Answer

Logistics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infineum.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR, then one with hiring manager. Then was asked to come in person. I sat with 3 different interviewers. The process lasted about 5 hours in total. Immediately after interview go to medical for drug testing.

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Infineum (Linden, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

phone call with hiring manager, in person interview with director if Information technology, hiring manager and main vendor who they do business with. on site interview will consist of informational interview, technical interview and situational interview

Interview Questions

• how do you keep a positive outlook when you dont like where the company is going? your day to user interactions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infineum.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Received phone call from HR, basic questions about myself and availability. Next week had a technical phone interview where I was asked situational questions and asked to describe points on my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

OSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infineum (Linden, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

It was very.... Intense. I was interviewed by the team leader and the employee that I would be temporarily replacing when they retired at the end of of the month. It begun pretty normal, the team leader was very calm and cool, but as soon as my resume was brought up, the individual who I would be replacing, began rapidly and impatiently asking specific questions regarding my experience with certain workplace requirements. They (the retiring employee) sounded almost like they were angry or frustrated with my answers, even when I answered them exactly how they asked me to, with even the team leader needing to stop the employee I would be replacing, and tell them that I had answered the question perfectly fine after my other interviewer became very coarse because I wasn't "giving enough detail". The team leader barely asked any questions, it was almost entirely done by the other interviewer, who again, seemed to be very mad or frustrated with me and asked the question as if I were being interrogated by the "Bad Cop". Overall it was an odd, but interesting interview experience. I actually did not mind it because it focused on what my experience was and if I was capable of meeting the requirements of the position, very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with Excel, PowerPoint and SAP?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with the "x" transaction in SAP? How comfortable are you with using it?   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Infineum (Linden, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

A recruiter from a staffing agency called me with a job description and set up the interview after I agreed to apply for the job. The interview was about 3 hours in length and consisted of 3 parts. I first met with HR for the general interview, then with the line manager for the more in depth interview, and lastly with 2 technologist. The 2 technologist didn't ask a lot of questions. They gave me a lab tour and I got to meet the technicians that work there. I was caught off guard about the process since I didn't realize there would be 3 parts but the overall experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions drew upon experience that I didn't have as a college graduate.   Answer Question