InfoHedge Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at InfoHedge Technologies

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at InfoHedge Technologies

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InfoHedge Technologies.

Interview

Horrible interviewer, very unprofessional.

You know something is very wrong when the interviewer is contentious from the get-go. He seemed to talk about everything else but the subject at hand. It was hard to get a word in edgewise without being challenged every 15 seconds. It almost seemed like the interviewer tried to keep me off balance. Now it makes sense why they keep offering the same position every 6 months or so, why would anyone would want to work in such an environment is beyond me.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at InfoHedge Technologies in May 2015.

Interview

I had one phone screen with the hiring manager and the lead IT manager and 2 in person interviews. One in person was with the hiring manager and the lead IT manager the other one was with the owner of the company. My first impression on the phone screen was that they were a growing company who was looking for an individual to mold and make them apart of a great company.

When I met with The hiring manager and the IT manager in person they seemed knowledgeable and very friendly. Although they use connectwise as a project management tool instead of the typical MS Project 2010 I was willing to learn something new. The tried to stress that I would occasionally be working late hours. I occasionally worked till 11 pm so I didn't think that would be an issue. I was called back for an interview with one of the owners.

When I met with one of the partners he came across a bit awkward. He asked me a ton of personal questions such as what do I do for fun or to relieve stress etc. He barely asked about my work experience leaned more towards asking me about my personal life and my personality. I did feel a tad uncomfortable but I continued with the interview. The hiring manager then walked in the room and observed while I interviewed with his manager. Things then took a turn for the worst and most uncomfortable interview I have ever had in my life. I was told that I would be provided with a work phone and should be ready to pick up and work at all hours of the night. They also told me I would be working a lot of late nights. When I stated I wouldn't mind as I have worked till about 11 pm before they told me a lot of times I would be there till around 1. When I asked if it was okay to leave around 10 or 11 and work the rest of the time home I was condescendingly told by my would be manager "there's this thing called Uber and you can expense it". That wasn't even the worst. I was asked by the company's partner how I responded in discriminatory situations. I uncomfortably asked what he meant by that. He gave me an example of this "there was a guy who worked here called Jack Chan and everyone here and the traders would joke and call him Jackie Chan and make remarks about his race. He was very sensitive to it." As a woman working it a male dominated field I felt very uncomfortable about how they would handle it if I was discriminated against or harassed. They seemed like they were looking out to ensure they would not be sued if that happened.

I called the recruiter and told her i wasn't interested. They were offering low pay and wanting you to work at all hours and seemed unethical. STAY AWAY!! There is a reason the job has been opened since early May.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond in discriminatory situations?   1 Answer

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at InfoHedge Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone screening which was a brief 15 minute call. There were no technical question and I just spoke to him briefly about my past experience and why I was looking for a job. He immediately wanted to schedule an in person interview the following week so I went in. Upon entering their office, I was shocked as to how unprofessional the environment is. I was told to wait in the kitchen/pantry with leftover food all around (I arrived a little after lunch). After waiting 15 minutes the hiring manager came back and we went to the conference room. He asked me three technical questions which wasn't the hardest. I eventually received an offer from my recruiter but was less than what I wanted so I declined.
    I don't believe this environment and the people were the right fit for me. Although the location is great (one block from Grand Central) I didn't see much of a future for me there.

Interview Questions

• How many bytes are in a megabyte, how would you troubleshoot an iPhone, what is the difference between a switch and hub   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at InfoHedge Technologies in March 2016.

Interview

This was one of the more interesting interviews I've ever been on. The hiring manager went over and beyond to paint a picture of the environment from the very beginning. The department has been growing as the company continues to add clients to its roster of hedge funds they support. As such the demand for first line support staff has increased. His line of questioning was very direct but no where near offensive like other reviews I've read on GD. In fact I honestly believe those that did write a negative review did so by misreading the managers intentions of not wanting them to make a bad decision. The hiring manager knew I was currently employed and drilled down on my reasons for wanting to leave. I believe he did so to ensure those reasons won't rear their ugly face at IH. He was very direct about the role, the responsibilities, the hours and the commitment necessary I'd have to make if I joined his team. In no way did that line of questioning turn me off. In fact I am very grateful for his transparency and honesty.

I ultimately did not get an offer since we both agreed I was too senior for the role he is trying to fill. That said I would recommend this company (for an interview at least) to my friends. Poo Poo the Pundits and they're misreading of someone's best intentions....

Interview Questions

• Mostly around my current day to day responsibilities. Day in the life at my company type questions. Situational questions about real life issues that come up. Nothing trick, very straight forward and definitely appropriate for the level he's interviewing for   1 Answer

Sys Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at InfoHedge Technologies in March 2016.

Interview

Gentleman I spoke with was not very professional and didn't seem concerned about skill set or personality, this company clearly cares more about money than taking care of their clients.

Had a 10 minute phone interview with one of the partners and there was not one tech related question.

Was very interested in someone who would work late hours without extra compensation.

Good luck infohedge!