Informa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Harrison, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informa (West Harrison, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I went through two interviews with Informa. The first was with Mike Oliveros. He asked me about past experiences in my old position. We also chatted about the software that I had been using in my previous job. We then chatted a bit about personal stories. Second was with Anthony Lehman. Very basic interview questions. Anthony and I discussed the upcoming projects that the Service Bureau would be working on in the upcoming months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Informa was unwilling to negotiate on salary. They were willing to add in an extra week of vacation.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informa.

Interview

Applied through college career fair then after a few days I got on campus interview with one if their engineers and he just came up with three straight technical questions. the first two are about sorting with trees and the last one is how would design the mutual friend feature from facebook.

Interview Questions

• the first two are about sorting with trees and the last one is how would design the mutual friend feature from facebook.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informa (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Contacted first over phone and then sent interview confirmation. Were very nice and pleasant. Interview went well and was very relaxed. Building was easy to find.

Interview Questions

• The financial test after the interview was the hardest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informa (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview then a hour long face to face interview. Asked a lot of questions about how I would handle not meeting deadlines, angry customers, challenges, etc. Wanted to move forward with next steps. I took a test for the company that took about an hour, got a phone call 4 days later saying "they can't hire me because of my scores". Asked for some constructive criticism or my scores so that I could learn from this experience. Sent me nothing and were very unapologetic/insincere. Would have preferred the company be upfront with me and to not "sugar coat" anything. This left me with a negative view of the company and culture of the company.

Advice: Give the candidates constructive criticism, don't count someone out solely based on test scores, don't lead the candidates on.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Informa (Arlington, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was great. The first interview was via phone and a group interview followed. The hiring Manger kept me posted as the process moved along. Overall, a great process!

Interview Questions

• Brief history of work experience.   1 Answer

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informa (Memphis, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. First there is an initial phone interview with the recruiter. Then a second phone interview with the hiring manager. If they like you then they invite you in for a face to face interview with the Sales Director and the Senior Manager. The last step is a role play over the phone.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty basic. Nothing too difficult at all.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informa (Irving, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by an Informa recruiter and did the usual phone screening with him. At the end of the conversation, he went ahead and set up a face to face interview for the following week with the hiring managers. That portion of the process was fairly routine, as I got a better understanding of the position and the expectations going forward. After about an hour speaking with them, they said there was actually another similar position working with a separate team, and asked if I wanted to meet with those hiring managers. Of course I said yes, and basically did the same thing for another hour. Everyone involved was friendly and seemed passionate about their work. I left the office feeling optimistic about both positions.

I did the usual thank you notes and the usual waiting. After a week had passed, I decided to check-in with my point of contact. It has almost been a month, and I still have not heard back. I understand things/people fall through the cracks, but even a generic "thanks but no thanks" email would have at least settled it.

Then about a week and a half later, I got an email from a different Informa recruiter requesting a face to face interview for the position that I had already tacked on to my previous interview. I figured there was a mistake and explained that I had already interviewed for it, but she said they wanted me to meet the two supervisors for the position. So now I was back to feeling optimistic. I went in for the second round, had what I though was a good conversation, then left. I did the same routine as before. I emailed both supervisors politely asking for an update, and yet again, no response. Only after reaching out to the recruiter did I receive the generic rejection email. So after two months of phone calls, two rounds of interviews, and multiple unanswered emails, I'm back to square one.

You have a great product, and are a powerhouse in your industry. Treat your prospective employees better.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informa (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and hit asked standard questions like "walk me through your resume", "why did you apply", "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Informa (Sarasota, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I felt as though finding the right person was very important to the company. I found the job posting on one of the popular job sites and submitted my resume with a cover letter. First, I was asked to take part in a phone screen with a woman from HR, and that took about 45 minutes. She managed to quickly put me at ease, and I found her very easy to speak with. I was then asked to come in for testing (alphanumeric typing, Excel, ability to compose a letter/email, and numbers perception), as well as to meet with the A/P manager and then the A/P supervisor. They, too, were very easy to speak with. They both took a lot of time to explain not only the position I'd be filling, but also the direction things were going in the department, and the company as a whole. Once they decided that they wanted to extend an offer, I was asked to meet with the A/P director. Because I had already taken time off work that week to meet with them, the director kindly offered to speak with me on the phone, rather than require that we meet in person. This was very helpful and very much appreciated, and I found that he, too, was very, very easy to speak with, and I enjoyed my conversations with everyone that I met/spoke with immensely. I think anyone who didn't prepare for the interviews by researching common interview questions on the Internet and composing/memorizing their answers would find the interview process difficult.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informa (Sarasota, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional, had high hopes afterwards. It was a very professional office atmosphere. There was no one at the front desk, so I was instructed to phone my contact person. She came out to meet me and seemed pretty friendly. I was told during the interview that she was not sure exactly how I would be utilized.