Informa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informa Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

Interview

Very swift. Asked a lot of good questions, made me feel comfortable about applying. Met with both of my superiors and they were very kind.Very swift. Asked a lot of good questions, made me feel comfortable about applying. Met with both of my superiors and they were very kind.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this position? how can we help you grow?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Informa (Sarasota, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I felt as though finding the right person was very important to the company. I found the job posting on one of the popular job sites and submitted my resume with a cover letter. First, I was asked to take part in a phone screen with a woman from HR, and that took about 45 minutes. She managed to quickly put me at ease, and I found her very easy to speak with. I was then asked to come in for testing (alphanumeric typing, Excel, ability to compose a letter/email, and numbers perception), as well as to meet with the A/P manager and then the A/P supervisor. They, too, were very easy to speak with. They both took a lot of time to explain not only the position I'd be filling, but also the direction things were going in the department, and the company as a whole. Once they decided that they wanted to extend an offer, I was asked to meet with the A/P director. Because I had already taken time off work that week to meet with them, the director kindly offered to speak with me on the phone, rather than require that we meet in person. This was very helpful and very much appreciated, and I found that he, too, was very, very easy to speak with, and I enjoyed my conversations with everyone that I met/spoke with immensely. I think anyone who didn't prepare for the interviews by researching common interview questions on the Internet and composing/memorizing their answers would find the interview process difficult.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informa.

Interview

Applied through college career fair then after a few days I got on campus interview with one if their engineers and he just came up with three straight technical questions. the first two are about sorting with trees and the last one is how would design the mutual friend feature from facebook.

Interview Questions

• the first two are about sorting with trees and the last one is how would design the mutual friend feature from facebook.   Answer Question

BILLING & ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SUPERVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informa (Bronx, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

If your organization could use the services of a highly experienced accounts receivable professional with over 21 years experience in billing and accounts receivable who possess excellent time-management skills, verbal and written skills, interpersonal and relationship building skills, then we should definitely meet.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any difficult questions   1 Answer

Healthcare Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informa (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn and got contacted by the recruiter. The conversations started with an 1-hour phone interview with the 2 hiring managers followed by a 2-3 hour onsite interview with 3 people that involved a 30-min case presentation. Asked both behavior questions and cracking on a case study for a central nerves system disease. Very positive experience and great interviewers.

Interview Questions

• cracking on a case with a specific therapeutic area and asked to perform forecasting on the drug as well as the launching strategy of the drug   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informa (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and hit asked standard questions like "walk me through your resume", "why did you apply", "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informa (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call a couple of weeks later to set up in person interview. While applying had to take a test(took about an hour that included a lot of useless questions)

Interview Questions

• Regular interview questions, 3 best/worst traits, can you work well with others in a team setting and how good are you on the phone.   Answer Question

Key Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Informa (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Received lead through recruiter. Initial WebEx discussion followed by face-to-face interview. Asked to present 90 day plan.

Interview Questions

• The position was a hybrid in that the candidate would both manage a territory and individuals. In retrospect I focused on learning the products and customers when I should have placed more emphasis on my leadership strategy. In presenting the plan it is easier to lay out a 90 day strategy for ramping up a territory, more difficult to present a plan in terms of leading specific individuals.   Answer Question

VBA Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informa (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

One interview followed by a lengthy delay when the job offer was made by HR. The only discussion of compensation occurred as a given de facto when HR made the job offer. Informa offers an excellent and attractive benefit package, but this was made clear after the offer had been accepted. The position required greater technical skills that I did not have and my efforts to match the required technical skills fell flat as the proprietary Informa logic that I was supposed to manipulate was not documented and training efforts failed.

Interview Questions

• There were none, but there was a definite lack of job skills required for the position discussed in the interview that became a substantial issue during my tenure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There was no discussion at all. The only discussion was by HR in the offer and it was clear the HR representative thought it was discussed in the interview.

Lead Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Informa (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR - which was very basic and setting up time with a senior person over the ph. I had a one-hour phone interview with my group's head (two levels senior of my current boss). It was a long interview and she various questions based on my background. Then the second round required me taking a test. I had 2.5 hrs to do credit research on a company that they chose. they were basically looking at my writing and analytical skills. The third round was in person where i met the same lady who interviewed over the phone and another director. I had to prepare a presentation on a topic they asked me to research on (fuel/oil) and present via audio/visual. Both interviewers were located in London and one HR person was there with me in the conf room in person. They asked how i went about doing research and how i found information, etc etc. Second part of presentation was how i was going to plan/bring up to speed my associate analyst when i hire. So they wanted to see my plan of action broken down by weeks/months etc. Overall - the interview was in the range of above average and hard. During my third round - they went over my results of the writing/analytical exam i gave and asked questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions/questions regarding my written exam/presentation etc   Answer Question