Information Builders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Information Builders Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Information Builders (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interviews and several face to face interviews. One of the face to face interviews was a group interview where I had to give a three part presentation.

I received and accepted a verbal job offer, but the job was cut in year end budget discussions. so I never received the written offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty standard. Spoke to four employees within the department I was applying for. We discussed what was written on my resume and past experiences. They were definitely looking for a personality fit and someone hungry and ready to work towards the company's goals. There were no questions set out to deliberately throw you off.

Interview Questions

• From what you know of us, how would you improve what we do?   Answer Question

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Information Builders (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screened with recruiter. Second phone screen with Director Field Marketing Support Services for about 30 mins. Face to face interview with the same person who was 15 mins late to the interview. The interview started and I was grilled before asked any basic questions on terms to study before the interview. I was asked to move to the next round for an interview in two weeks to present a very high level, introductory presentation about Information Builders. Second part was to create a prospecting letter and fill out a questionnaire. I was invited to move forward to this stage, but declined.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First level interview with Manager, then demo of their product and a presentation on a seperate topic to panel. This was followed by 2 higher management interviews. Overall it was a very transparent process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join IBI
      Why did you chose this presentation
      What new you will bring to IBI
      Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Information Builders (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

1 - Applied to job on company website.
    2 - Company recruiter phoned several days later requesting phone interview which she set up for the following day.
    3 - Regional Sales Manager from St. Louis phoned 5 minutes late from his car. We had a 25 minute conversation and he requested an additional call the following day which was set up by the recruiter.
    4 - RSM failed to call at scheduled time. He emailed me 45 minutes later requesting call at a time later in the day during which I was unavailable. I provided several alternatives but never received a response.
    5 - After 4 days and several emails to the recruiter and RSM I phoned the recruiter who was able to set up the second phone interview.
    6 - At the conclusion of the second phone interview the RSM invited me to a 1:1 in Nashville, a 3 hour drive. This too was scheduled through the recruiter.
    7 - Drove to Nashville night before scheduled 1:1 only to receive an email after I arrived informing me "sorry for the late notification but we will not be taking you to the next level". No offer to pay for my milage, meals, nor hotel.

Interview Questions

• Primarily concerned with past sales processes, quotas, and outcomes.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Had a series of interviews and seemed to be real interest in discussing opportunity and salary. We both had invested a lot of time in the process and they went dark. No follow-up or closure after repeated attempts to contact. Bush league. Consistent with reviews from individuals who worked there.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions but the more senior the interviews went the stranger the discussions became   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY).

Interview

You will be reached by HR who will set up a time and date with a meeting with the project manager. Depending on the job, they will ask you some technical questions but none that are too hard. This was for an intern role so I suppose they wanted someone with at least 20 hours availability during the week.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what's wrong in this screenshot?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a first phone screen with tech manager. Then brought in for interview. Followed by a demo with account manager and another sales engineer

After that, brought in to me the regional manager.

Offer came after that

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was slow. Met with multiple people only to get an answer weeks later. It still took time for them to process my offer letter and finally get a start date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Information Builders.

Interview

Interviewed with branch manager- got the job.

Negotiation

N/A