Information Builders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Information Builders Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. He secluded face-to-face interview. I talked with HR representative about my background, expectations, company product and working environment. Interview was held in very professional manner, it took about 30-40 minutes. My next interview took much longer; it was a technical interview with hiring manager and team members, and then I was invited to VP office for final round of interview. Two days later I got an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Approximately 4-6 one on one interviews. Most of which took place at their HQ in NYC. They offered to reimburse my travel expenses but never followed through with that which I felt was pretty low-class, especially since they were the ones to offer during the interview process. It was several hundred dollars traveling from PHL to NYC multiple times and they are currently blowing off my follow up to get reimbursed. Proceed with caution here.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were about my relevant experience. I was asked to pitch on the spot once or twice. Nothing out of the ordinary for a sales position interview.   Answer Question

Information Builders Response

Aug 9, 2017 – Public Relations Specialist

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not been reimbursed for your travels yet. There must have been an oversight with regards to your reimbursement; please note... More

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Information Builders (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interviews and several face to face interviews. One of the face to face interviews was a group interview where I had to give a three part presentation.

I received and accepted a verbal job offer, but the job was cut in year end budget discussions. so I never received the written offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty standard. Spoke to four employees within the department I was applying for. We discussed what was written on my resume and past experiences. They were definitely looking for a personality fit and someone hungry and ready to work towards the company's goals. There were no questions set out to deliberately throw you off.

Interview Questions

• From what you know of us, how would you improve what we do?   Answer Question

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Information Builders (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screened with recruiter. Second phone screen with Director Field Marketing Support Services for about 30 mins. Face to face interview with the same person who was 15 mins late to the interview. The interview started and I was grilled before asked any basic questions on terms to study before the interview. I was asked to move to the next round for an interview in two weeks to present a very high level, introductory presentation about Information Builders. Second part was to create a prospecting letter and fill out a questionnaire. I was invited to move forward to this stage, but declined.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First level interview with Manager, then demo of their product and a presentation on a seperate topic to panel. This was followed by 2 higher management interviews. Overall it was a very transparent process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join IBI
      Why did you chose this presentation
      What new you will bring to IBI   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Information Builders (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

1 - Applied to job on company website.
    2 - Company recruiter phoned several days later requesting phone interview which she set up for the following day.
    3 - Regional Sales Manager from St. Louis phoned 5 minutes late from his car. We had a 25 minute conversation and he requested an additional call the following day which was set up by the recruiter.
    4 - RSM failed to call at scheduled time. He emailed me 45 minutes later requesting call at a time later in the day during which I was unavailable. I provided several alternatives but never received a response.
    5 - After 4 days and several emails to the recruiter and RSM I phoned the recruiter who was able to set up the second phone interview.
    6 - At the conclusion of the second phone interview the RSM invited me to a 1:1 in Nashville, a 3 hour drive. This too was scheduled through the recruiter.
    7 - Drove to Nashville night before scheduled 1:1 only to receive an email after I arrived informing me "sorry for the late notification but we will not be taking you to the next level". No offer to pay for my milage, meals, nor hotel.

Interview Questions

• Primarily concerned with past sales processes, quotas, and outcomes.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Had a series of interviews and seemed to be real interest in discussing opportunity and salary. We both had invested a lot of time in the process and they went dark. No follow-up or closure after repeated attempts to contact. Bush league. Consistent with reviews from individuals who worked there.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions but the more senior the interviews went the stranger the discussions became   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY).

Interview

You will be reached by HR who will set up a time and date with a meeting with the project manager. Depending on the job, they will ask you some technical questions but none that are too hard. This was for an intern role so I suppose they wanted someone with at least 20 hours availability during the week.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what's wrong in this screenshot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Slow people processes from the 80's style. The internal office space is old and out dated. Cheep furnishing tells a lot about their cheep pay policy!

Interview Questions

• How do you get new name customers?   1 Answer