Information Builders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Information Builders Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2018

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty standard. Spoke to four employees within the department I was applying for. We discussed what was written on my resume and past experiences. They were definitely looking for a personality fit and someone hungry and ready to work towards the company's goals. There were no questions set out to deliberately throw you off.

Interview Questions

• From what you know of us, how would you improve what we do?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

very informal. maybe one phone interview with the hiring manager. then two face to face with the hiring manager and another SE. i learned very litte about the company itself and the questions were very generic interview questions. this process was neither challenging nor memorable

Interview Questions

• why are you looking for a new job   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

in person interview first time, then phone interview, than another in person interview. This was about the average as another other company I have interviewed. Just have your facts together and be ready to answer why do you want to work here questions

Interview Questions

• Just a long interview starting at first job and moving all the way through to current. Nothing special   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Information Builders.

Interview

Interviewed with branch manager- got the job.

Negotiation

N/A

Middle Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy process to get the in-person interview. Expect delays in the hiring process, some found jobs elsewhere before IB could schedule the physical interview. Each interview lasts about four hours; this process was commonplace across the organization. Technical candidates have extensive skill tests and many failed to meet passing criteria. Information Builders staff members were a friendly, upbeat and enjoyable group.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Information Builders?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Average, ask for what you want and stick to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Worst interviewing experience I ever had. Start you off with a written exam and then make you sit through a panel interview. Worse yet, everyone is late to the interview.

The managers are all technical people who happen to have sold in the past.

Don't expect pleasentries they are not into it. It is a typical stress interview, they actually never become friendly nor polite.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders.

Interview

Initially contacted by IBI recruiter, had initial 15 minute conversation. Next call was with hiring manager, lasted about 45 minutes. Asked good questions, focused on background and success in industry. Next was face face with Hiring manager that lasted about 1 1/2 hours then with the VP of sales which lasted another hour. Next, was brought in for a 3 hour interview session with Senior Executives of the company. Very positive process, very in depth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Open to negoatiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Information Builders (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

1 - Applied to job on company website.
    2 - Company recruiter phoned several days later requesting phone interview which she set up for the following day.
    3 - Regional Sales Manager from St. Louis phoned 5 minutes late from his car. We had a 25 minute conversation and he requested an additional call the following day which was set up by the recruiter.
    4 - RSM failed to call at scheduled time. He emailed me 45 minutes later requesting call at a time later in the day during which I was unavailable. I provided several alternatives but never received a response.
    5 - After 4 days and several emails to the recruiter and RSM I phoned the recruiter who was able to set up the second phone interview.
    6 - At the conclusion of the second phone interview the RSM invited me to a 1:1 in Nashville, a 3 hour drive. This too was scheduled through the recruiter.
    7 - Drove to Nashville night before scheduled 1:1 only to receive an email after I arrived informing me "sorry for the late notification but we will not be taking you to the next level". No offer to pay for my milage, meals, nor hotel.

Interview Questions

• Primarily concerned with past sales processes, quotas, and outcomes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Information Builders (Denver, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

1hr. They wanted to know how much i knew about Information Builders and the competition. Then started drilling into questions related to the Sales Process (Prospecting, Qualifying, Pipeline Development, Closing).

Interview Questions

• They are looking for style, do you search for business pain with your prospects or are you getting drug into the weeds of technical pain? They want you to look for Business pain, what it means to the company, and the ROI associated with that pain.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Information Builders (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward...phone screen followed by meeting with 1st line manager, followed by VP meeting and interview. Had to show them 3 years of W2s, which I didn't like. On my side, I was able to review company through various sales reps and solution engineers.

Interview Questions

• They had me walk through my sales process, from canvassing to prospecting to sales cycle progression.   Answer Question