Ingenio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingenio Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingenio.

Interview

Interview process lasted 1.5 hours.. Interviewed with separate people, 2 supervisor separately, then 2 prior customer service reps now in different departments, Team lead, and then lastly again with one of the supervisors.
    Pretty basic questions, scenarios, all in all I felt comfortable.
    I originally did phone interview with the recruiter, following day was asked if I'd like to come in to the in-person interview.
    Once I interviewed In person, I was contacted by recruiter the very next morning and I took the job offer. By my start date it had only taken exactly 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer on a call.
      Explain what I did in prior job, Experience wise.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer - Web Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingenio (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Got contacted by HR. Was given 1 hour object oriented design problem. Solved it and submitted it on time. Got later contacted by HR that have passed the coding test and next will be 1 hour of phone screen with VP of core engineering team. At this point the HR also said to have a 15 mins call with her prior to this call with VP. On the phone screen interview day which was scheduled for noon with the VP of core engineering team, talked with HR first in the morning, she was a nice person to talk to, let her know about my visa status and said she needed to confirm with the team and get back to me. A few mins after got a call back and 1 hour interview rescheduled for 15 mins (Hint 1). Agreed for it and then waited for the call with VP. Now, the final call with the VP, he was a nice and humble person too to speak with. He gave me a simple design problem somewhat matching with their business and I presented couple of approaches. But it more looked like he only wanted that specific approach that he had in his mind and at the end he said this will not work and told me the solution (which I could have presented if I have gotten the requirements more clearly). And after giving the solution he told that sorry we looking for someone "super super" senior. Well, to that I will advice that no matter how high you might have grown on a position level, you simply cannot access the person's entire experience in 15 mins. But overall I am obliged to speak with him and get the chance to know the company a bit.

Interview Questions

Ingenio Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Manager, Human Resources

Thanks for your comments, I do remember this interview. You mentioned you didn't understand the problem clearly. We'll incorporate your feedback in our interviews and try to be clearer on the... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingenio (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had initial call with HR and given with coding task with 2 hrs time limit. Coding task with 2 hrs time limit. It's pretty easier task. But need to be clear in OO design and right approach to the problem. I overlooked the problem and choose wrong data structure initially, but latter realized it but by that time I was nearing to 2 hrs. time limit and was not able to complete.

Interview Questions

• Question was fairly easy. But keep in mind that choose right approach before writing the code.   Answer Question

Partner Marketing Manager/Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingenio (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Organized process and seemingly decent leader that runs the team. But they required a long presentation at the 2nd interview in front of 10 people from varies of teams to participate. After the presentation, no news, feedback or contact even after proper follow ups. Very unprofessional, lack honest and IMO just an process to get fresh ideas from outsiders for free.