Ingeus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingeus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

3.2

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stages of interview. Excellent interview process and challenging questions. Exactly what you'd expect. HR on the ball and explained the process really clearly from start to finish. An interesting experience!

NDPP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingeus (Nottingham, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

15 minute session re: 5-a-day. Interview panel.
    I arrived ten minutes before the session was due to start to facilitate set up, and had to wait for the interviewers who said they had technology problems.
    The session was late starting therefore, and all seemed hurried and pressured. One interviewer arrived late, after I'd done the safety/housekeeping. Though they told me to continue, I did a quick recap because I thought it was essential.
    Lessons learned would include to keep it simple and not try to include as much as I did. Another time it would be appropriate to fill the 15 minutes, on this occasion less would have been more. Having a contingency plan (for a shorter session, with items that could be added if necessary) would have helped.

Interview Questions

• How can the client be encouraged to return for future sessions?   1 Answer
    • What could I have improved for the session?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The usual two person panel interview where your experience and knowledge were tested. Nothing too taxing if you have prepared on the basis that situational and behavioural questions will be asked. The note taking can be slightly disruptive in that the person who has asked you the question is not as easy to make eye contact with.

Employment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (Northampton, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was structured around a typical day or scenario in the life on an Advisor but the way in which it is done was unrealistic and rushed. You start off with being shown to a PC where you will watch a 5 minute video of a customer with a variety of pros and cons and upon viewing it was well executed. I was going to say you are expected but in reality you should take very detailed notes as they demonstrate you can absorb information and use the pros and cons to help advance the customer. You will after create a CV for the said customer and produce an end result that will be printed and supplied to the interview panel in this case a member of HR and the branch Manager. I should add you will have 30 minutes for both watching the video and creating the CV so be ready as you will feel under pressure. You will be asked a number of questions in the main interview about the subject in the video, fail to pay attention and you will regret it. Take heed!

What I did expect but did not happen were questions about the created CV or questions about why it was prepared in the way in my case created. Further its content in general to see if it matched the customer profile. It was almost like it was part of the process so why not create it. I am confident it was good as I have come from the sector with years of experience and maybe that reflected and hence no further questions, either that or like I say fore fill the process.

Personally the Role-Play part of the interview was ridiculous and they should know better than to allow it to play out the way they did but it is not uncommon, many companies do so. The situation is more hypothetical rather than realism and without realism it should be excluded from the process. It is nothing like what you will experience with a real life customer even if the their demeanour may seem rude, uncooperative or in fact proactive. It is always the usual awkward play actor making the situation as hard and as difficult as they can make it and whilst they may think that works it is an interview. A good interviewer doing a role-play exercise or the core of the interview questions should bear in mind the process is to draw the very best examples out of a candidate as it is your one opportunity to access the unknown upon first contact allowing an informed decision. Not only do I come from the welfare sector I have a lot of interview making skills having recruited hundreds of personal in the past. It does not make me better than them, acknowledged, but it does give you a flash view of the potential outcome when it comes to the ‘wash-up’.

The main part of the competency based questions are over complex and there are only two that require a lot of explanation rather than breaking them into four to six smaller questions amounting to the same. You see the problem here is you may go off on a tangent or even ramble as whilst you are giving an answer so much needs to be covered you can lose yourself in the oblivion.

I did not get the role and the feedback was exactly around that point the detail in which I gave. It was said I gave good answers but spoke a lot. I was told the role-play part did not allow for the actor to answer questions but that was not the case as there were plenty of open questions, but with a lethargic lack of response forced a new approach to get the actor to engage. His subject matters case history was that of no interest, no career ambition, no employment history that was the same pattern with friends and family and one of poor time keeping or no show. You have 20 minutes for this part after reading a brief for 10 minutes that was in fact 5 minutes and 10-15 minutes to act it all out.

In overview I did speak a lot so I will not deny that but you are at an interview to sell yourself to the employer. Likewise they should maximise what they too can obtain out of the experience and that did not happen. It was uninteresting, fairly unfriendly and mundane in experience. It did get me thinking as even sat in reception before all of this got underway no one in the Office seemed to be enjoying themselves. No happy atmosphere or buzz about the place unlike Office spaces in general. It makes me wonder if many of the ex employee reviews are spot on!

It is a shame overall as I really wanted the role as I have a proven background hitting and exceeding targets.

But it is what it is…

Interview Questions

• I have added most of this detail in my write up but in brief the two core questions toward the end of the interview process were based around a time when you have had a difficult predicament and had to adjust quickly under pressure where the decision you make could have a bearing on achieving targets and what you did to ensure that did not cause detriment. The other question similar but around dealing with a difficult situation with a customer or client adapting to change that disrupted the normal course a day/week forcing you to reorganise and maintain objectives. Both questions required multiple explanation with a small time window for each.   1 Answer

L&D Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Competency based interview2 telephone and face to face and a work tray exercise. Interviewed by 2 managers, was given a job offer straight away. There was a second telephone interview after the face to face interview- probably because the managers were so incompetent that they failed to make proper notes first time round because they were repeating questions

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

First you are supposed to have an excel test. This is a misnomer as this is not a test about your abilities on excel but about double entry bookkeeping. Then you are interviewed by two people. They play it "good cop, bad cop": There are too many questions for a position that is paying very little, and it is only fixed term contract.

Interview Questions

• Every imaginable social or behavioral question, all from a typewritten document. Interviewers don't show real interest, but act in a very standardised form.   1 Answer

Employment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus.

Interview

Online application which consisted of completing all personal details, attaching CV, attaching a Cover Letter answering 3 questions and outlining what you would implement to assist long term unemployed person into employment, followed by an online assessment answering multiple choice questions in how you would support clients into work.
    Telephone Interview scheduled with explanation into more detail of the role, followed by competency based questions and role play of a challenging client scenario
    In office panel interview, based on first time restricted viewing a video of a challenging client, then creating a CV for this client, followed by questions relating to how you created this CV and would subsequently support them into work, then followed by role play with an interviewer playing the part of challenging client and finally finishing in competency and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to assist someone with no paid work experience enter sustainable employment?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation phase - phone call with offer of employment

Employment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

The first part of the process was a telephone interview with an recruiter from Alex Mann recruitment. This lasted about 30 minutes. The first section of the telephone interview was answering some questions about Ingeus, asking me what I knew about the company and the services they offer and the role of the employment advisor. The second part of the phone call was a role play - I played the role of an employment advisor, and the interviewer played the role of a client who had missed her appointment with me. She was 20 minutes late. I had to call her and try to convince her to come in for another appointment, and she was very unwilling to do so. The last part of the telephone interview was asking me some competency questions about myself and why I wanted the role. I would say the telephone interview lasted about 30 minutes in total and I found out about a week later that I had been invited for face to face interview.

The second part of the recruitment stage was an invitation for a face to face interview. One of the recruiters from Alex Mann called me before the interview, to explain to me what format the interview would take, which was very helpful and allowed me to prepare for it. It was made up of 3 parts. When I arrived at Ingeus for the interview, I was shown to a computer and asked to watch a video of a "client", and then make a CV for this client. I was given pen and paper to take notes. The video lasts about 5 minutes, and I would recommend watching it twice if you feel you have the time. The Once you are finished the CV, the interviewer will ask you about the client and the CV you have created, and what types of jobs you feel would be good for this client, so be prepared to defend/explain your CV. Once this stage was over, the second part was a role play. You are given 10 minutes to prepare for this part. You have to imagine that you are about to have your second appointment with a new client. However the client is VERY reluctant to find work. They live at home, and have lived on benefits for many years, as have their parents. So they have no real desire to find work. You have to try and convince them to try and come to more than the mandatory once-a-fortnight appointments. One of the interviewers (I had two) will play the role of the client. Be prepared for them to be incredibly reluctant and blunt in their role.

After the role play there is a short interview, I only got asked 2 questions - one was an example of a time when I have dealt with the unexpected whilst working towards targets, and the other was to give an example of a time when I have prioritized my workload.

Ingeus have told me that they will let me know within the next week if I have been successful or not. However given the reviews that I have read on here, and other websites, I am not sure if it is the right company for me. The starting salary they are offering is £20,000, so definitely very good compared to others. However it does appear to be a VERY target driven role, which I am not sure about. However I have to say that everyone that I encountered throughout the whole process so far have been friendly and polite.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you have dealt with the unexpected whilst working towards targets   Answer Question

Employer Partnership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Cross, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingeus (Kings Cross, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very structured interview. Lots of competency questions. The interviewers are cherpy but very professional. You have to explain how you overcome several different negative situations. The interview can get quite tense and nerve racking, especially if you haven't prepared or looked into the company and role.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I should have trusted my instincts and not wasted my time in going for interview. I was initially invited to interview and turned up at the Head Office but after waiting for 20 minutes was advised that neither of the panel members were there (one due to sickness, no reason was given for the absence of the Area Director). After a phone interview I was persuaded to arrange a second date for an interview (this time with a member of HR rather than the Area Director) . The interview felt extremely 'artifical' rather than a genuine discussion and it was impossible to get a good feel for the role.

Very predictable competency based questions 'can you give me an example of....' with some rather odd (and basic) hypothetical scenarios which I haven't experienced at interview in recent years. I was surprised at the 2 dimensional nature of the interview for a senior role and the number of hypothetical questions asked, which are not a good indicator of potential job performance.

I was never advised of the outcome of the interview which is particularly poor practice in any role, let alone when interviewing HR professionals.