Ingram Barge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingram Barge Interview Questions

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ingram Barge (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews/conversations. 3 separate onsite half day interviews amongst multiple panels over the course of 3 months. Initially was courted for one position but ultimately it was decided I was a better fit for another team so I ended up being offered a different position than originally pursued.

Deckhand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Barge (Paducah, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview wasn't bad just asked a bunch of questions about how you would handle your self in certain situations. And how you handle your self if found in a argument with a superior

Interview Questions

• How I handled certain safety issues   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingram Barge (Nashville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Covered technical aspects as well as the normal personality things you would expect. Some were a bit off the wall, and I don't recall specifics other than just trying to figure out why in the world they would ask some of the things they were asking.

Interview Questions

• On past performance reviews, what is an area that your supervisor said that you should work on?   1 Answer

Planning Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingram Barge (Nashville, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process is usually a three stage interview, the first is with an HR rep, then the Senior VP HR and lastly your Hiring Manager. The culture there is pretty relaxed so expect a friendly environment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just put an offer on the table for you to take

Customer Svc Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingram Barge (Nashville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

I was told about a position at the company by an acquantance who agreed to forward my resume to the hiring manager. As a follow up, I attempted to submit and application throught the companies web site but the site kept locking up at the sreeens where I had to answer numerous questions about my work history. This was very annoying because I had spent a good 20-30 minutes trying to give very detailed work history information just to have the page error out when I clicked next and I lost all that information.
    I was called a few weeks later by the HR department and set up with an interview. The person made the interview for the following Monday (almost a week later). I thought that was odd but agreed with it. Then I get a call from the interviewing manager on my cell phone on Friday wondering why I am not at the phone number I gave for the interview. My plan was to spend the weekend learning about the company and preparing for possible interview questions. So I was totally caught off guard when I was in the middle of the hardware store with my three kids, trying to get parts for a broken toilet and was totally unprepared for an interview. They confirmed the mistake was made by their HR and then rescheduled (I had a bad feeling about this mistake, though totally not my fault).
    When the phone interview was conducted I appologized about not being prepared to interview when they called and they seemed to be OK with it.. There were two managers on the phone. The first one asked me about my work history and I have him my background. Half-way through the interview, he said he had a meeting to go to and passed the questioning off to the other manager. Her only questions were where did I live and what shifts I would like to work. I told her I lived in the next town over and I preferred late moring but would work any time they needed me. I asked her if she had any specific questions about my resume that needed to be clarified. To my surprise she stated that she had not looked at my resume yet and they would do that the following week. I really felt like I wasn't given fair shot at this position and if anything I was called as only a courtesy to my friend who recommended me to the hiring manager. I also feel like it was very unprofessional for the hiring manager to not block off the appropriate amount of time to speak to me and not to have read through my resume to see what qualificaitons I had for the job and to have specific questions relating to my work experience and how it could apply to this position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What time of day do you like to work?   1 Answer

Deckhand Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reserve, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingram Barge (Reserve, LA) in May 2011.

Interview

Filled out online application. Got a phone call a week later and scheduled an interview. I was shown a presentation with about 15 other guys looking for jobs as deckhands, welders, and cooks. Three of which left the presentation when they learned that there would be a DOT drug test.

We were called back individually after the presentation to answer standard interview questions. They want applicants for deckhand jobs to have previous labor experience.

I was given the job, but that merely meant i would go to Paducah, KY for a 5 day orientation and if i successfully complete that then i will go to a boat for a 7 day training period. Both the orientation and the on-board training are paid, but at a lower pay rate than a normal, full-time deckhand. I think about 70% of the guys in orientation made it through.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being away from home for a month at a time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations for marine positions. Everything is based on a specific pay-scale...if you have previous experience you can prove you are worth an extra $30 per day at orientation though. If you don't have any previous experience, you have to work 90 days before you qualify for the higher pay-rate.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingram Barge (Nashville, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

the interview itself lasted a few hours. I was there almost all day. I met and interviewed with pretty much the whole company..the managament side of it anyway. They all asked me basically the same interview questions and it got annoying after a while. They also gave me a tour of the building