Inphi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Inphi Interview Questions

2.6

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inphi (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I think that position should be a RF sale engineering position.
    I applied it in the middle of Oct 2016 and I got the phone interview at the end of that month.

Interview Questions

• 1.What is 0dBm?
      2.What is 3dB point?
      3.In the vacuum, given the wave length of a signal, you are required to compute the frequency of the wave.
      4. Given the DC voltage value and the value of a resistor, if we apply the DC voltage onto the resistor, what is the power consumption?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inphi (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and the process was well streamlined. There was a phone screen, followed by two rounds of interviews, one with the hiring manager and other with a larger team. Many people from different functions asked questions about their areas. They were well coordinated to get background in many relevant areas.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inphi (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

HR did a phone screening, and arranged onsite interview with technical team 2 weeks later. 6 staffs attended the interview. The whole process towards offering a package is about ~1.5 months.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, and mostly are related to your CV.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiters asked the current compensation, and did an offer package ~10% higher than current compensation.

Engineer, Validation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Inphi in May 2014.

Interview

The manager just said my background was only optics which was far from the electronics. He then asked me which courses I had taken, and he emphasized on your semiconductor and materials background. No technical questions were involved. The interview lasted for 40 mins.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Inphi (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

On the phone, I spoke with the engineering team and the sales team. Sales side, spoke with my boss, then his boss, and then at the end of it all, his boss (which'd be the CEO). Engineering side, I spoke with the lead engineers of the product lines I'd be involved with. General questions about knowledge of the product field and the industry. Then had a face-to-face with my boss. We got along well, so that was that. I was referred personally, so it wasn't especially high-pressure. Then a quick final approval by the CEO.

Interview Questions

• One of the lead engineers did a fairly thorough grilling of my knowledge of electronics and signalling. Began simple ("Tell me everything you know about jitter"), and then got more specific. If you're qualified you'll do fine.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inphi (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview --> technical interview --> back to back on-site interview with 5 technical staffs (4 hours in total) --> interview by VP engineering --> package negotiation with HR --> offer stage ...................................................................

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inphi in April 2012.

Interview

I got to know about the openings from my college. I sent an email to the manager. he gave the response in a day and told me that somebody will contact me.The next day I got a call from HR for the screening.Later I got the email for the phone interview schedule.I was interviewed in the following week for around 45 minutes.The interview was technical.

Interview Questions

• He asked about all the projects I did in my masters...
      What is set up violation , hold time violation.
      metastability, blocking non blocking.....
      Answer Question