77% would recommend to a friend
(143 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
Found 143 of over 157 reviews
Updated Sep 18, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people: the spirit of cooperation and friendship within teams and across the organization is outstanding." (in 10 reviews)
- "Very focused and driven culture with strategic clarify." (in 9 reviews)
- "Great team which worked together smoothly" (in 5 reviews)
- "The pay is good and the RSUs are awesome." (in 4 reviews)
- "Good technology to learn" (in 4 reviews)
- "Many managers and vp are novice, they started out as new grad and still with the company, with no exposure to outside industry." (in 8 reviews)
- "The management is based on pressure and stress." (in 7 reviews)
- "Can be high pressure as the teams work on deadlines for hot projects but I feel like that is part of being in growth markets and it is also exciting" (in 3 reviews)
- 5.0Jun 1, 2023General CounselFormer Employee
Inphi was the best company that I worked with over the years. Great team, great products, and spectacular execution under a fantastic CEO.
I really have no negative comments, except we sold to Marvell, and the ride was over.
- 4.0Sep 18, 2023Sales Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSanta Clara, CA
Customer-focused leadership Fast-moving pace Engaged coworkers
Work-life balance and process feels more like startup
- 4.0Jul 28, 2022Principal EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSanta Clara, CA
Seemingly clairvoyant CEO Strong pool of talent Diverse culture Low level of bureaucracy
Too much politics in some groups Not much initiative to protect work/life balance
- 5.0Dec 22, 2019Principal Applications EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSanta Clara, CA
The CEO sets the stage at any company and Ford is awesome. He's making the right moves and Inphi is taking off like a rocket ship. Senior Management team is great. Eric, Mohammad, Lawrence, Loi, Ilya, Rahda, Charlie and the rest. Too many to name. Best technology and focused on where we are the dominant number one leader. High speed connectivity that is industry leading. The best and meanest 16 nm and now 7 nm DSPs out there driving 400G ports. An incredibly talented engineering team. First time silicon success every time. Amazing DSP technologists from architecture to implementation to software. The best customer engagements. I just wish I could say something about our incredible customers and how good things are going. Good Pay, RSUs, benefits, snacks. Will be moving to new building soon. Ignore the bad reviews here. I think those must just be folks that don't like to work hard and be successful. This is a place where you are needed and will be appreciated.
No company is perfect, no human endeavors are perfect. The IT policies are somewhat restrictive. We sometimes engage with customers we probably shouldn't. We need to hire more but esilicon acquisition will help. Looking forward to their joining.
- 4.0Jun 25, 2021Senior Test EngineerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsWestlake Village, CA
Great people, good place to work. Lots of perks.
Management interested only in tasks to be done no matter how as long as it fits the schedule. Quality is irrelevant.
- 2.0Apr 1, 2021OperationFormer EmployeeSan Jose, CA
1. talented and working hard ppl 2. advanced product design and feature 3. Growing fast
1. The organization is kinda not well established. not letting the right person to do the right thing. You will see PM not working on schedule and material availability 2. a lot of redundant meetings which are talking about the same thing 3. most of ppl have no sense of lunch and dinner time. They will call meeting any time. also there is routine meeting happening during lunch time 4. Expect your boss to have micro management 5. Company is growing too fast and hiring a lot ppl. sometimes it is also bad.
- 5.0Dec 31, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSanta Clara, CA
Generally well balanced team across all disciplines. Inphi has been growing steadily in the past number of years. A company cannot grow consistently without a balance team. There are always room for improvements in any team and organization. Good news is that Inphi management is open minded and willing to take feedback and push for continuous improvements. Leading edge, not me-too products. Able to work on Interesting projects is important for many strong & good engineers. Relatively speaking, company willing to invest into tools, equipment & compute hardware. CEO driving growth. Pay is competitive and RSU returns are good as company is still in a fast growth-mode. Good snacks, drinks, fruits & free lunch every Wed.
Inphi has more opportunities than it can handle, hence, always can use more help/resources. Hiring "good" engineers takes time, and translates into resource shortage. Used to have some territorial and/or "difficult" personnel/managers, changes have been made, but things like this will take a year or two to allow the dust to settle. (Fortunately, more than a year has gone by). New Inphi members probably don't even see this previsously less desirable atmosphere any more. This is the reason why there seems to be mixed review relating to politics etc. related matter.
Inphi Reviews FAQs
Inphi has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 157 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Inphi to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
77% of Inphi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Inphi 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.