Insitu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Training Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingen, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insitu (Bingen, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Was flown to Bingen for the Interview. I was sent a schedule of who would meet me where for the different parts and the first person was not available. The employees recovered quickly and sent me to the correct location for the interview. Interview was very proffessional and lasted approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• The standard questions you hear about in any Interview class.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hood River, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insitu (Hood River, OR).

Interview

HR contacted me via email.
    Then phone interview with manager and then invite to in person interview.
    I felt I did very good with the interview. I left thinking I would get a call from them soon to move forward. But I never heard back from them. Not even an email from HR. BTW, who was probably the most unprofessional HR person I have ever dealt with. IMO was inexperienced and had the attitude she wanted to be doing something other than what she was doing. Meaning not very engaged in her job.
    VERY slow interview set up process. HR took weeks to get in touch with me. very slow communications.

Project Controls Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Insitu.

Interview

Phone interview with higher level manager, then lover level/functional manager. About 15 minutes each.
    They did not even bother to send rejection e-mail to an interviewed candidate. "Time management" excuse is obviously above human contact or respect. Very unprofessional, which means that it is "just another company" where it is really not worth the effort to change a job.

Interview Questions

• Are project managers difficult to deal with? What percentage?   1 Answer

UAV Maintenance Instructor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingen, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insitu (Bingen, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was hassle free. They took care of all travel and cost for hotel, flight, rental car, gas and food. Very professional and inviting environment. Interview consisted of a brief presentation to demonstrate your knowledge in the field then the questions. I was very impressed by the company and people I met during my time there. In all Insitu seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insitu in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Indeed.com and heard back two months later by email from HR. We set up a phone interview that lasted a half hour. The interview was mostly behavioral, with a couple "how you think" questions. The interviewers were very friendly and open about the company. I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 coins and one weighs less than the others. You are given a scale. Determine which is the lightest in the fewest measurements.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insitu in January 2017.

Interview

It was straight forward, just to talk about my resume and past experiences, and if I have had exposure to certain environments or applications. I was excited going into this interview, until I spoke to the hiring manager...the whole interview it felt like the person had an attitude of "I don't care..this is a waste of my time..why are we even talking?" condescending feeling to it. I was a little skeptical after reading company reviews about negative managers, I thought it could be an exaggeration. But it seems to hold its truth. What a shame..

UAS Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingen, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insitu (Bingen, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview to begin with, a few weeks went by and was invited for an in-person interview. It was relatively short, I spoke with medical, 2 interviewers that have been with the company for a while (1 became my manager later), and HR who explained benefits after - assuming I received an offer. Very laid back and straight forward. I was over-dressed with a button up shirt and tie, since the company invitation said that the dress code is "business casual".

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being the first person in the chain to receive a complaint from high-ranking military personnel?   2 Answers
    • So many questions had to do with customer service, especially while deployed, and juggling thatand a lot of distractions in your life (weather, living conditions, missing friends and family, etc.)   1 Answer

Director of Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingen, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insitu (Bingen, WA).

Interview

I had declined the offer to fly to Bingen for the interview, because the CFO (who was responsible for arranging the face-to-face interviews) didn't seem to even understand what a Director of Contracts does. Immediately after declining, the CFO called and asked me to reconsider, which I agreed to do. The process used "situational interviewing" (describe a situation where "X" happened and how you dealt with it), but the entire process felt like nothing would come of it. I was never shown where the successful candidate would sit, was never introduced to any of the Contracts staff, and I had taken a 5-hour flight to get there. They acted like I was from across the street, and was interviewing for a job at McDonalds. When the interview ended, I was escorted to the lobby and if I hadn't asked what the next steps would be, the HR representative (who appeared to be about 18 years old) would have let me leave without saying a word. The entire experience was a complete and utter waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked with someone difficult to get along with, and explain how you dealt with that person.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Insitu.

Interview

Emailed me first, schedule a time to talk on the phone. TA Manager was several minutes late to the call - still talked for 30 minutes or so. She was new the role so didn't have some details too hashed out. Overall a decent easy phone screen. No feedback ever received or follow up.

Engineering Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hood River, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insitu (Hood River, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the hiring manager. The second interview they brought me in for a 1 hour panel discussion. There were 4 managers/team members and asked a series of typical interview questions to see how you answer and get a sense of your personality. I felt very welcomed and friendly.