Instacart Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 581 of over 581 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Instacart

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Instacart

Interview

An initial phone screen with a recruiter. Once that was completed, I was scheduled 4 in person, on site interviews with other Executive Assistants I would have worked with had I accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What is your long term goal as an EA? What do you like about being an EA? Have you worked with EA teams in the past?
    Answer Question

Instacart

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Instacart in Jan 2022

Interview

The recruiter approached me for the Sr. DS role. I scheduled for the tech screen (in SQL for 45 min). I completed the code but was not up to the mark. I got the feedback from the recruiter as the team is looking for a bit more experience in experimentation, and the SQL needs to be strong as it is their daily bread and butter.

Interview Questions
  • SQL A/B testing question: Q: You are tasked to analyze an experiment called thanksgiving-coupon. Instacart users in this experiment are randomly assigned to “incentive” group or “nonincentive” group. Users in the “incentives” group get an email with $10 off for their next order, and users in the “no incentives” group get an email reminding them to stock up groceries for the Thanksgiving weekend. The $10 off coupon expires on 11/29/2020 (Sunday) 11:59pm PST. How would you analyze this experiment? You have the table Experiments, which contains experiment assignments for Instacart users. Fields:
experiment: experiment name
group_ind: experiment group a user is assigned to
assigned_at_utc: assignment timestamp. You also have the Orders table, which contains all orders from a user. Fields:
 order_id
 order_created_timestamp_utc
 order_amount_usd You can use this code to convert time zones: order_created_timestamp_utc at time zone 'utc' at time zone 'pst' You also have the Coupon_spend table, which contains the redeemed thanksgiving-coupon for an order. Fields:
 order_id
 coupon_spend
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Instacart

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Instacart

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Instacart

Interview

I had a great experience overall in all the rounds except the last one First round was a video interview with the person in charge of the team. She did a fantastic job explaining the role and requirements and asking good questions. I had a very enjoyable experience talking with her Second round was a online technical test. This kind of annoyed me because it’s a two hour test and when I went to start it, it mentions there are programming questions and no where did the position mention requirements to code, only sql. So I thought I was going to bomb that test, I even ran out of time . But I know sql and I know how to answer their technical sso, and application support situations. So I guess I passed because they said they reviewed it and wanted me to do the final round Final round was awful. It was described to be a meet with the team and simply see if it’s a cultural fit and get to know them. NOPE they decided it’s another technical around even though I just did a two hour test for them. They just started showing me random sql problems and queries on the screen and were expecting me to solve them in my head instantly in front of them. They were very random scenarios that I feel like you would only know the answer to if it was something common in your role and day to day. Honestly I was not prepared for the that and to be put on the spot. I also felt almost discriminated because it was a panel of not really a diverse team and i felt like it was not inclusive. I sent a follow up email to the recruiters asking them to thank the last round team members and I honestly thought the recruiters and HR people were great the whole time up until then. They said they passed the email on but like I said was totally ghosted. No one ever replied or told me if I wasn’t a good fit or anything, it was very bad because they were so communicative all the way up to the point till the end. So it was a giant waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Random sql scenarios that were situational you wouldn’t know the answer off the top of your head unless it’s something like relevant to the specific application you support

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Instacart (Santa Clara, CA)

Interview

I applied online and HR reached out for an initial screening. Next I was given a simple take home sql with multiple choices. Next step was live coding SQL and then an interview with the hiring manager. Overall it was a positive experience and the people I interviewed with were really nice.

Interview Questions
  • Sql easy on take home multiple choices. SQL medium during live.
1 person found this interview helpful

Instacart

Application

I interviewed at Instacart

Interview

The first round is a product sense/execution round, generic to assess product capabilities. The second round is supposed to be final round across engineering, hiring manager, coworkers, etc. In the second round, you'll get a mix of product sense questions, collaboration/experience questions, and culture/values. No case studies thankfully. However, after my final round, the recuriter/hiring manager stalled for weeks, then asked me to do another interview...then said the role I interviewed for was no longer available, so I would have to do ANOTHER panel assessing with my product sense/capabilities and more time with the hiring manager. I pushed back because at this point I had spoken with the hiring manager 3-4 times. At the end of the day, they also suggested I interview for another role (same panel process), and then the recruiter ended up ghosting me when I wasn't selected for either role. Super bad candidate experience, they really make you jump through hoops and all in all aren't even respectful of YOUR time.

Interview Questions
  • you are the pm for pickup, how do you set goals for the team?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Instacart (New York, NY) in Dec 2021

Interview

Overall, I've had a great experience, despite I didn't get an offer. The whole interview process took around 3 weeks. Initially, I was contacted by a recruiter who eventually left. Then a Talent Acquisition Manager connected with me to re-confirm my candidacy and then another recruiter scheduled a phone interview. That "tracking - follow up" approach left me with a very good impression that my application wasn't threw in the dark space. The phone interview took around 0.45 min. The recruiter was very professional and started with an icebreaker which helped me calm down. The majority of the questions were related to my current experience (leading a team, overseeing site operations), as well as data-driven & analytical skills.

Interview Questions
  • How confident do you feel using Excel (rate your experience on the scale of 1 to 10)? How do you imagine the perfect job?

Instacart

Application

I interviewed at Instacart

Interview

Simple phone interview that lasted 10 minutes. Once they discovered I wasn't bilingual, it took me out of the running for the role. The interviewer was very nice though! I would interview again for this company if they had a better suited role for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Instacart

Application

I interviewed at Instacart

Interview

Total three rounds of interview. First one was HR second round was technical I was asked to write a code and third round was a case study. For case study they have given me enough time to complete

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Instacart

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Instacart in Nov 2021

Interview

Outreach from the recruiter felt like a spam email, and I was ghosted after them saying they would send me an email of the job description. Also never got the email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instacart (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2021

Interview

Worst experience I've ever had. Talked to internal recruiter about the role, seemed like a good fit. Got set up to talk to the director. When we got on the Zoom, it was clear this guy did NOT want to talk to me AT ALL. And that was before I got chance to say ANYTHING! It's pretty clear when you can tell when someone is trying Not to have a conversation with you. He talked about the reasons for the role and group structure. I gave my song and dance about myself, with NO followup or conversation about anything I said. He ended the interiew early. This guy clearly had some attitude that he brought into the meeting with him. The role is still open 3 months later.

Interview Questions
  • How would you pln moving from a monolithic codebase to a micro service?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 581 Interviews