Instacart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Instacart

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

After doing a couple of screening calls, I completed a take home data challenge and then went through the typical tech super day at their CA headquarters where they drilled me on cultural fit, technical background, problem-solving ability, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the relationship would be between the number of items in an order and the customer's perceived quality of that delivery?   Answer Question

Internal Marketing Interview

Interview

There interview went great and I felt very confident in being hired but was not contacted until a week after I was told I would be. They then said I did not get the job and suggested that they were interested in keeping me in mind for the future but the email seemed as if it was sent to all of those who did not get the job.

Personal Shopper Interview

Interview

it was easy and didn't take much time, was quite satisfied with the process, however, i would admit it required a certain level of patience. I liked the interview, it was conducted by phone.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Instacart in January 2021.

Interview

HR screen
    First Interview with 1 one-hour coding session
    VO with 5 rounds, 2 one-hour coding sessions, 1 system design, 1 bar raiser which is behavior interview, 1 informational talk
    First code question is very hard to understand and I took 5 minutes to understand the question. Two questions were given during this round, didn't finish it.
    Bar raiser round is more like a talk about expertise, cuz they mainly looking for senior software engineer, so this round is mainly check if you are senior enough. And I got only 1 yoe, so I didn't pass the interview although I think I did well on system design round and second coding session.

Interview Questions

• kv store question in phone interview.
      payment system for system design   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for a 30 min intro call. I connected with the hiring manager for 30min. call. I then spoke with the team for 45 min each. One of them showed up 30 mins late and had no idea this was scheduled! No response for 2 weeks. Then I received an automated rejection email.

After I answered the interview questions asked by the hiring manager, I felt that the HM was baiting for ideas/solutions to real-life problems the HM had to solve. It was almost as if I had given the HM free consulting advice.

Interview Questions

• What would you change? How would you solve this problem?   Answer Question

In Store Shopper Interview

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. You take a quick quiz involving general grocery shopping knowledge. After passing the quiz a manager reaches out and sets up a brief interview. The process is not tricky.

Interview Questions

• Basic grocery knowledge and about yourself, desired schedule, etc.   Answer Question

Porduct Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Instacart.

Interview

I went through 2 rounds of interviewing with instacart. The recruiter was really odd; he reached out to me and was pretty aggressive. I decided to talk to him to see what the company was about but he dodged all of my questions on culture and kept pushing me towards a specific position I said very clearly I was 't interested in.

Afterward, he tried to book me for a 2nd round interview for a position that I said I specifically didn't want. Seemed like he was just trying to make a quota or something and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard pm fair, growth, product experience, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Instacart (New York, NY) in December 2020.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague, six weeks later I received a note from the recruiter. The recruiter was overall wonderful, and easily the best part of the process. I had a call with her for a basic screen, then met with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then gave me a data analysis project which required a powerpoint and excel breakdown within two days. After that I had four more meetings via hangout.

After having what I considered really strong interviews, I was called by the recruiter who told me that I wasn't being considered because my past anecdotes of my work were too high level and not client specific.

They could have just asked. I'm not a mind reader.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instacart in December 2020.

Interview

Started with a slightly complex SQL challenge on Hacker Rank, followed by HR Screen, followed by a Data Analysis & Reporting challenge, for which 2 days were provided.
    The last round consisted of 4 interviews, 2 Dev/Manager and 2 Director/ VP.
    Did not get selected in the last round.
    Overall experience was great, just felt that 1 Director/ VP was less professional, I had to talk to a blank screen for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Instacart is a high-growth company, and the work can be stressful at times, how would you manage it?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Instacart in December 2020.

Interview

The interviewer described the company and explained in detail about different departments and how I will be collaborating with different departments and explained my responsibilities. After asking generic questions, he asked about my visa status.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instacart (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2020.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter. Then I interviewed with a contractor. Was offered a position a day later. Overall the process was easy. Standard interview questions. The had a remote interview process which was great!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable navigating through different programs.   1 Answer
    • Do you have customer service experience?   1 Answer