Institute of Reading Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (Novato, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It is a multi-stage process that begins with responding to questions online and then doing a couple of interviews. The interviews were calm and friendly and meant to gauge the applicant's interest in reading and in the position after finding out more specifics about the logistical details. All supervisors throughout the interview process and the training are very warm and kind.

Teacher Interview

Interview

First you recorded yourself answering three different questions one about why you want to work for them, one about the reading you had to do, and one describing yourself. Then you were interviewed by the teaching manager which took about an hour this also took place online

Interview Questions

• You were asked to respond to the readings/ videos you had to watch before the interview began.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a pleasant experience I would apply and be apart of the interview process again, the hiring manager was professional and patient during the interview and gave me time to prepare.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was very fast and didn't elaborate well the answer sought after. But after sometime, we made a connection and it was a flow. I think the interview should be done via a computer software not on the telephone.

Teacher (Summer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (Remote, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Thus far, I'm in the initial phase of the interviewing process. I initially submitted my resume (primarily consisting of a background in ESE/ASD, ESL, as well as facilitating professional development). I received a reply via email to complete and submit an online application. The next requirement was to complete an online interview. This consisted of 3 questions (prerecorded) which I was allowed to answer via my own recording. The questions consisted of these (paraphrasing):
    1. Provide a brief introduction about yourself
    2. Provide feedback regarding information provided prior to the interview regarding the founder's views on absorption as it relates to imagination and full immersion in reading. Does this resonate with you? Explain and elaborate.
    3. Why ird?

Interview Questions

• please see my notation regarding the interviewing process. This highlights the questions asked during the online interview.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first one is a video recording you send to them and then the last two are 1:1 live video interviews. Everyone involved was helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is one book you read that had a meaningful impact on you?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, uploaded my resume and quickly heard back for a video interview. I did a short canned video interview where I had to record my responses. Then I was contacted for an online interview with a live person. After about 3 weeks I got an email saying that they were no longer pursuing my application. I was stunned. I experience teaching college and was looking for extra income and the chance to increase my experience. I really don't know what more they could possibly have wanted, but if a Ph.D. isn't enough, then wow, their standards must be high!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this situation where a 1st grader and his mother are encountering frustration with the reading activity because the student is having trouble sounding out words?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (Venice, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

First you have to fill out an online 16 page questionnaire and then upload your resume. If they like what they see, they email you and you can click on an interview time. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer was very nice and told me many things about the company. At one point, and very spontaneously, the interviewer asked me to do some role playing along a script that they use for all their salespeople.

Interview Questions

• What did I think would be the most challenging part about the job   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (Novato, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very professional correspondence. Two phone interviews both close to 45 minutes long. First interview was on background experiences and basic sales questions. Second was to make sure I was available and more details.

Interview Questions

• Greatest weakness in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (Novato, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews that went well. I do not have a lot of good to say about this company and how my trainer treated myself and about 10 others that had technical issues that cause us to miss our role playing time. This caused many of us to be told that they were letting us go! Shame on this company for the tech issues they had that caused good people to lose their positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Institute of Reading Development (Temecula, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting resume immediate response through email to choose a interview date and time from the menu. The interviewer was cold and intimidating . Please be prepared to study THE SCRIPT and follow the script because they are just looking for cold robot's to follow their script. Do not show your personality just follow the script and you'll get hired if you're a robot. I made the mistake of showing my personality,yikes!!

Interview Questions

• Roll play What do you say to a Mother who says my Daughter has soccer practice and may not be able to go?   Answer Question