Instron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Instron Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

3.3

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Instron.

Interview

Fairly straightforward and relaxed, spoke with the engineering manager who was fairly easy going and pleasant. Seemed to take their time and not be rushed, which was the overall impression I got of the whole department. Most if not all the people I met had been there for a decade or more, very few people under ten years of time. Kind of odd in this day and age, seems like they don't take on or retain new people.

Interview Questions

• How did I like the facility and the people I had met.   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Instron (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through several interviews and an exam (when they could do that). One of the interviews was to directly review each question of the exam which I thought was meaningful because it was clear to me that there was interest in hiring the right people.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult questions were the practical technical or situational questions where the interviewer asked technical questions in a customer context and I was already nervous about "me" questions. However, they were also attentive to the fact that I was nervous so it certainly wasn't brutal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was not really difficult. They made an offer and i responded with only a couple of additional want/needs and we came to a compromised agreement. It was overall a good experience.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Instron (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Send off cover letter with CV
    2. Fill in a questionnaire - this is like an application form and asks for personal details and motivations
    3. Telephone interview - Lasts about 30 mins

Interview Questions

• The interview was fairly straightforward, the interviewer asked a few initial questions and then mainly situational questions:
      Why do you want to work with Instron?
      What are your career goals?
      When given a new direction during a task, how do you adapt to this change?
      What position do you hold in teamwork tasks?
      Would you be interested in working for part of the graduate scheme on the financial side of the business rather than in engineering (as Instron believes these fields are linked)?

After I mentioned my CV during one of my answers, I noticed she also started asking me questions related to it (but it might have just been a coincidence), for example she started mentioning things like from such and such a date you did this, and then asked a question related to it.

Throughout the interview the interviewer seemed lukewarm, neither too friendly nor too distant. However, I never felt as though she was actually impressed with any of my answers, which is why I have given the interview rating as 'Difficult' as I must not have been hitting the nail on the head with my answers, which I thought were ok.
      Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Instron (High Wycombe, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off the day with an on the spot task. This took about an hour. Then had my interview which was all competency based questions. Then was given a tour of facilities on site. In the afternoon had a team challenge which was to protect an egg. Final part of the day involved giving a presentation on a chosen subject

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Instron (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

CV and cover letter sent to recruitment email.
    Reply email with a questionarre, to be completed. Questions were related to the company and aspirations.
    Phone interview scheduled by email. Lasted around 20 minutes. Initial questions about knowledge of company and reasons for application. Then situational/personal questions.
    Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked about team work and ability to lead a team.   1 Answer

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Instron (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2014.

Interview

Face to face interview with questions focusing on real-life case studies. There are 3 rounds of interviews when I did. The first one was a phone call from an agency who asked some questions re. your current status and basic HR questions. Then, I did an interview with a panel consisting of HR and direct management. Lastly, you got a skype interview with colleagues overseas for them to make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• How to conduct competitor benmarking activities at your former employer?

What to do when you need to juggle over different projects simultaneously? How to prioritize?
      Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Instron in March 2011.

Interview

Unfortunate waste of time.

2 phone interviews, 7 in person interviews. Wasted 2 months of my time. Mind you, the job is STILL open from over 5 months. All the field service jobs are. Strong resume and background, heavy customer service. ONE person did not like me (out of 8, you do the math) and you are not given the job.

The way of doing Google interviewing is over. Simply put, how in the world do a bunch of suits in corporate assess that a service engineer (that is in the field and they are not) would not do a good job.

Boggles my mind. Would pass with Instron.

Interview Questions

• They were the usual interview questions.   1 Answer