Intelsat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intelsat Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intelsat.

Interview

Long. The whole process took nearly 2 months. The interview itself lasted 4 hours. Panel interview followed by tour of the building, lunch and then a one on one with the department VP.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intelsat (McLean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Process was relatively quick. Recruiter was professional and informative throughout the entire process. There was flexibility with my start date and the on-boarding process was great. The HR team did a great job of making me feel welcomed.

Year RoundCustomer Service Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intelsat (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews over the phone. The people I spoke with were very nice. I got an offer about a week later. The interview was not difficult and it seemed like they cared more about my personality. It was a good interview.

Interview Questions

• cant remember. but they were all behavioral questions. things like tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you've failed etc   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intelsat in March 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interviews. First with HR representative and then with Hiring Manager. Second call was 15 minutes late, felt very rushed. Both times asked general phone screening questions. Interviews are only available over phone.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Ex: What was a problem you faced in a group setting?   Answer Question

Manager, Talent Acquisition and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intelsat (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I was able to meet a group of people across the company, not just in the group I would support. Everyone was friendly, very informative, and took the time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is my preferred communication style- in person, email, phone?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intelsat.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easily. They have a list of prepared questions they ask all candidates and then score you for each one. I was asked 6 questions. Only one was technical in nature. The rest asked about my experience, how quickly I learned, and obstacles I've overcome. They were all typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why does your experience make you the right candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intelsat in September 2015.

Interview

Approx. one hour, five scenario-based questions assessing general SATCOM knowledge and ability to sell one's own personal experience and qualification. Also asked for 'elevator pitch' and asked how my skillset and experience would be beneficial to the company. In general the attitude was relatively light, as both interviewers were veterans (as am I) so there was common ground to break the ice.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe in detail a technical problem you encountered and the steps you took to resolve it.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intelsat.

Interview

All behavioral questions. At the beginning they spent time talking about the job and what it entailed. They wanted to know what I do, my skill set and why I decided to apply for this job since it was in a different area. They were very nice and let me felt very comfortable. They had in total 5 questions to ask. Just two people were interviewing, the manager and a direct report.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a financial model.   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intelsat (Dayton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a call from Intelsat HR people asking me to set a date and time for the interview.On the interview day, the Test Engineers in Intelsat gave me a call and suddenly asked me to do a video interview which I'm not ready at that time. Interview questions were easy but it was a little difficult to understand and follow them. I believe my responses were positive because It was a behavioral interview with one or two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Satellite communications   1 Answer

Principal Corporate Strategy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intelsat (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

first round was an HR screening that went for half an hour. The interviewer was very engaged. Standard HR questions, including salary and reasons for the transition as well as experience related to the position. Second interview with hiring managers focused more on behavioral aspects such as: what would you do in case of a disagreement on strategy, etc, with some industry related and technical questions that were rather high level and fair. Third round was just a formality to get to know the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Salary
      Behavioral questions