Intermountain Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Intermountain Medical Center

3.2

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermountain Medical Center (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

It was extremely difficult to get an interview in the first place. They had a hiring fair and were looking to hire 20+ techs on 4 different units. They sat us in front of a panel of unit managers and asked questions that all managers would have asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a specific time you had a conflict with a coworker and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Orderly Interview

Interview

I had a one on one interview. I was emailed about the interview. I then received a call within a couple of days to notify me that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel that there was a very difficult question. Just be who you are.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Medical Center (Murray, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

Friendly supervisor and manager that ask five to seven simple questions about your experience and background. They ask questions about achievements and ask you to explain a difficult situation at an employer with a co-worker and how you resolved the issue.

Interview Questions

• Why I left my former employer   1 Answer

Emergency Management Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intermountain Medical Center (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an invitation to be interviewed over the phone. This was a committee type interview. All the members on the panel were very professional and the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• The questions were appropriate and thought provoking. Most of the questions related to my previous experiences that would work within their current situation for the job I applied for.   1 Answer

Certified Nursing Assistant CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intermountain Medical Center (Murray, UT).

Interview

It was in the conference room with our Nursing Manager, a CNA from the unit and a Charge Nurse. They took turns asking me about my plan, what I expected from my experience at IMED, how I could help apply the mission statement of the company and previous job experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you overcame a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermountain Medical Center in March 2011.

Interview

I interned in a different hospital owned by the same company and so I was expecting to at least get an interview. I was currently in college but seemed to have all the qualifications that were listed in the job description. I submitted my application online and the girl I was interning for called the hiring manager (she knew him from working with him) and recommended me. After not hearing back for a couple weeks, I started to get nervous. I found a mistake in my cover letter and thought perhaps i wasn't getting an interview because of it. But I did get called in for an interview. The interview lasted probably about 45 minutes and I was interviewed by nearly the whole PR team (which was about 10 people). I wasn't asked to do any tasks but was asked to supply writing samples prior to the interview. (I also brought in a portfolio of work I could refer to.) The process was very formal, with HR working to schedule the appointments and give the hiring offers. I actually had a frustrating time working with HR. I felt like they were pressuring me to make a decision before I talked it over with my husband. I felt like the initial offer was too low and wanted to talk it over with my husband. Once I did the interview though, I was contacted within 2 days for the offer. I was estactic to find out so soon!

Interview Questions

• If you could be a tree, what kind of tree would you be.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was a little frustrating to start out with. Basically the job had grown to need skills that weren't mentioned on the initial job description. I felt justified in asking for more money because while the job didn't require a degree, I had one and on top of that I had a lot of writing experience. I did research to find out what the range was for a starting communications professional and asked for that range. I actually got more than I was hoping for. Once HR talked with the department about the job, they were able to recode the job, which automatically raised the offer.