International Fund Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at International Fund Services

2.3

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

written exam and 3 rounds of interviews from future peers, direct managers and a group director

Spoke to each of them for about 20 to 30 minutes.

after the final interview with a director, I was asked if I had any questions.

After that I was told that I would expect to receive an answer within a week.

Interview Questions

• what's you goal? what are your assets/weaknesses   1 Answer

accepted better.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The culture is very laidback, hands-on, casual dress every day, they seem like people who will teach you everything and not hold back. The interview process was horrible, however, because all they emphasized was how casual they are and that was it. It was an all-day interview in which one more two people came into the office to interview me. I felt their approach was to see if I had the right hi-five personality and I thought they were overly pushy with that. It made me feel like saying "um...I've only met you for 2 mintues, please back up a little bit." All in all, they appeared to be a nice group of people, but the interview process was more like trying to find the right person for their "high school clique." I ended the interview 2 hours early, because I decided it wasn't for me.

Treasury Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

basic two rounds. First with a random associate then with group you will be placed in. Very basic questions first round was mostly behavioral and second round was more of a "what you will be doing" type of interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation, accepted the offer at 48

Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Fund Services in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the Assistant Vice President of the team. She was very friendly and asked some easy questions regarding my background and education. I did an internal transfer from the Boston office, so the questions were tailored towards why I wanted to switch to New York.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to negotiate

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Fund Services (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with one Vice President for 30 minutes then another for 10 minutes. It was the second one that was the hiring decision makers. That was it, did not meet anyone directly from the team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not applying for an Officer position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it. Internal transfer with no raise.

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Fund Services (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very easy, met with two of the managers at the same time. The whole interview took 45 minutes to an hour and about an hour of leaving received the job. The interview process was very laid back, the people were friendly and I think the biggest thing they want to know is if you would be a good fit for the team.

Operations Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Received an email from a recruiting coordinator to come in for an interview. Got there and met with three people from the group it was a very straight forward interview and was very easy going. I had some ABS and MBS knowledge already so it helped and I learned about a day in thos position. The recruiter came in after 45 mins and asked about how I felt about the position and if I had any offers. About two weeks later I got a call and an offer.

Associate II - NAV Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied on their website. They contacted me and had come in to interview with 4 managers. I was offered the job on the train ride home. They are straightforward and do not waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Discussing different products, corporate actions, fee calcs, and investor allocations   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. It was take it or leave it, which was extremely disappointing because they brought me in to interview for a NAV I associate, but then offered me the NAV II associate position for the same pay. I felt like it was a bait and switch from the beginning. I took the job though because I though it would be a good learning experience.

Serior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

First I had to provide a code sample. They sent me an assignment and asked me to program the solution and send them the code.

They asked for this prior to providing a job description or salary range.

I spent several hours on the sample.

After they reviewed the code sample, which they said they liked, they scheduled a telephone tech interview. This was conducted with 2 of their programmers. It seemed to go well and I was asked in for an interview.

I met with the manager who told me immediately that they were also interviewing other candidates. I then met with 3 programmers simultaneously for a time boxed presentation. After that we walked through more code exercises. This all seemed to go smoothly.

I met with the manager again who answered my questions about the company. Again he mentioned there were other people in the pipeline but they would make a decision soon.

Two days later I was informed they went with another candidate. There was no feedback other than they were impressed with my technical skills.

After everything they put me through, they could have at least explained their decision. I could hake taken away something after all the effort they required.

I guess if they don't have to offer anything, they don;t.

Interview Questions

• Provide a code sample. In this case they wanted you to simulate an on line auction.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to complete incomplete code samples in front of 3 developers.   1 Answer

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview conducted around December. Then I was brought in for the second round around March and April. I met with a VP and a director. They were nice and the interview went smoothly. Great office environment.