International Fund Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.3

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Fund Services (Boston, MA).

Interview

Met with one Vice President for 30 minutes then another for 10 minutes. It was the second one that was the hiring decision makers. That was it, did not meet anyone directly from the team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not applying for an Officer position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it. Internal transfer with no raise.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Fund Services.

Interview

Met with six people at various levels over about two hours. Usually met with 2-3 people at a time for an average of thirty minutes at a time. Each level went over my resume and discussed how previous academic, professional and personal accomplishments would translate to the specific position.

Interview Questions

• Asking about past experience, excel skills and career aspirations   Answer Question

Operations, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed by HR for an in person interview and a phone interview. For whatever reason, the phone interview never happened. I first met with someone from HR, then a team member. I was originally supposed to meet with 3 team members, but only met with one.

Operations Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Received an email from a recruiting coordinator to come in for an interview. Got there and met with three people from the group it was a very straight forward interview and was very easy going. I had some ABS and MBS knowledge already so it helped and I learned about a day in thos position. The recruiter came in after 45 mins and asked about how I felt about the position and if I had any offers. About two weeks later I got a call and an offer.

NAV Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Got the interview through an employee referral for a position I wasn't to clear on. Had one interview and then was unexpectedly told to go to another location about a block away, where it didn't appear if they were even expecting me. The women I then interview with there was pretty nasty, and asked some hard questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

written exam and 3 rounds of interviews from future peers, direct managers and a group director

Spoke to each of them for about 20 to 30 minutes.

after the final interview with a director, I was asked if I had any questions.

After that I was told that I would expect to receive an answer within a week.

Interview Questions

• what's you goal? what are your assets/weaknesses   1 Answer

accepted better.

Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Fund Services in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the Assistant Vice President of the team. She was very friendly and asked some easy questions regarding my background and education. I did an internal transfer from the Boston office, so the questions were tailored towards why I wanted to switch to New York.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to negotiate

Operations Specialist Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online on a Tuesday, got a call on Wednesday. She went through my resume top to bottom and asked me why I was applying for this position and basic behavioral questions. We then set up to meet for a face-to-face on the following Monday. Showed up to their NY office and low and behold, the entire office was full of college aged looking kids wearing jeans and polo shirts. Felt awkward because I was in a full suit. She sits me down, asks me more behavioral questions like ...how I would handle a difficult situation, what my favorite class was in college, etc. Then, I was told to sit in a room and have 1 on 1 interviews with the team members I would be working with. Met with 3 different guys, mostly social/behavioral stuff with very few technical questions. They were friendly. It's been a week and I haven't heard back after sending a thank you email to the hiring manager and the squad leader.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a hedge fund works and what you know about derivatives.   Answer Question

Treasury Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

basic two rounds. First with a random associate then with group you will be placed in. Very basic questions first round was mostly behavioral and second round was more of a "what you will be doing" type of interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation, accepted the offer at 48

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Fund Services (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very easy, met with two of the managers at the same time. The whole interview took 45 minutes to an hour and about an hour of leaving received the job. The interview process was very laid back, the people were friendly and I think the biggest thing they want to know is if you would be a good fit for the team.