International Medication Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Medication Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Medication Systems

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (El Monte, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me in for an Onsite. Arrived and was asked to wait in the lobby, where they gave me a chemistry test, and a timed weighing exercise. I didn't fill out the chemistry test because I havent done chemistry in about 3 years and just did the weight exercise. Then was interviewed by 2 members of the validation team and an HR rep.

Chemist API Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on craigslist and the next day I was called for an interview. They give you a small general chemistry exam. Some of the questions I vaguely remember: they ask you to give the empirical formula, they ask for product yield (need to know limiting reactant), you need to apply the PV=nRT formula (they don't give you a sheet to convert from torr to atm so know that), know how to balance chemical equations, your given molarity and volume and asked to find mols (M=m/l), in a formula show why water is amphoteric, a question that asks you to explain nitrogen (something about how it can react with other substances), and there were a few other questions. Then they ask you to use a balance (you weight about 30 or 40 containers that hold different mineral and fluids of the different color to a second decimal place), and this part is timed. You then get interviewed by a human resource and chemistry staff. They talk about SOPs, cGMPs, and what they call the bunny suit with a special respirator. They ask you if you can work any shift, on any day, and tell you how your shifts will have irregularities. They stress having strong communications and having the ability to train lab techs that will work for you. They have three groups, and you will be part of one of three groups if you get the job. They ask you multiple times if you have any questions, so it would be a good idea to have some. Also, they stress having neat writing, so don't make any mistakes on your exams or application. They also mention how they will send you to get your lungs tested, how you will be in an enclosed vacuum hood environment, and finally a background and drug test.The HR person told me someone would grade the exams, and the process could take between one or two weeks. I didn't hear from them so I followed up with an email after two weeks of which they responded to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company as a chemist API?
      What equipment have you worked with?
      How did you handle a particularly bad experience at your old job?
      If you had to manage someone who had been in the company longer than you and they did not want to listen to you because they think they know more than you because they have been here longer than you, how would you handle this situation? Answer (lol): speak to upper management.   Answer Question

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (South El Monte, CA).

Interview

Interview was simple. Took a general chemistry quiz that covered high school chemistry to first year college chemistry material. Nothing too advanced or difficult. You will need a good score at the quiz to get a chance at getting the job. They will ask if you can work overtime, weekends, nights, holidays etc. Unfortunately if you say you cannot work at these times you will not get the job.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a phone call from them for setting up an interview.
    The receptionist gave a stack of files to read. Then 10 questions quiz. Not hard. I got full credits.
    During the interview process, the questions were easy, nothing special.
    The interview process was not that formal. They told me they had filled the position I applied couple of days ago. They were just "constantly looking for new people". I mean, srsly? I booked a flight there and you told me this?
    The interviewer engineer received phone call during it. Unbelievable.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your current position?   Answer Question
    • What troubleshooting experience you have?   Answer Question
    • Quiz was about a packaging process. about 10 pages. Questions were about some "how long did it finish?" "which valve you should use?" you can find all the answers, just be careful.   Answer Question

API Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (South El Monte, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was given a test with ten general chemistry questions. Keep in mind that general chemistry is a broad subject. I was able to do , as far as I know, 7 of the ten questions well . I probably got some of the other questions right. They were slightly tricky .

Interview Questions

• If you notice someone doing something out of the normal procedures what do you do ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (South El Monte, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was not that hard. You apply, then take three test which includes a weighing test, a chemistry test and a written test. If you pass then you do the interview.

Interview Questions

• Hardly they asked me any questions just my name, previous experience, but they did most of the talking. However for everyone was different depending on the manager or supervisor that interviews you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (South El Monte, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was not bad. It was very straightforward and basically just apply online, wait for to called and do well in the interview. They do test you in your weighing and measurement knowledge and writing skills, but its nothing out of this world. Once you get the interview, they basically do most of the talking and when they do ask questions, it is basic interview questions like what is your experience, why do you want to work here and so forth.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of this world, just basic interviewing questions   Answer Question

Validations Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (El Monte, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through good old Craigslist and I got a call from somebody to schedule a chemistry test, weigh test and a written test. That was all and I was definitely ready to do that. So I just dressed myself pretty casually and I came on over to the job site to take the tests. Halfway through the chemistry test, people start knocking on the door and SURPRISE!! They say they would like to interview me as well.

I wasn't prepared for THIS! Three people come in and they just start giving an overload of information on what the position is all about. It's a pretty awesome position and in my mind, I was actually thinking how I even got an interview for this position? I must have looked pretty dumbfounded at the end because the interviewers seemed to sense my exhilaration.

I then had to think of questions on the spot after their big schpeel. I didn't ask good questions.

Interview Questions

• All the tests I had to take.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Medication Systems (South El Monte, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

There was three components. There was a short chemistry test and written sample was required (it was to create an operation qualification protocol for a rice cooker). I believe it was timed, but I am not 100% sure. Also, there was a test that required weighing different things on a provided scale.