International Playthings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Playthings

Billing/Order Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Playthings (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

Met with VP next in line to CEO.
    The interview was very personable and laid back and we discussed alot about the company and the position.
    There were no trick or hard questions and had a good feeling all through the hour or so 1 on 1 in a small conference room.
    I was shown around the office area and warehouse and usually thats a very good sign.
    At the end of the interview it was brought up that the Toy Fair was taking place in NYC in a week and that he felt it would be a good chance to have me see the exhibit and also meet the CEO.He would provide free entrance badges for me and my wife.
    It was also asked what salary I would be seeking and when I told him the answer was "thats within the range no problem there".
    I know I aced everything and that we "clicked" during the interview and as report to it would have been no problem working for him with his style and expectations.
    Went and paid $100 to go to city with tolls and parking and food.
    Met CEO and no sparks felt-something seemed strange-that spark with VP seemed much less too but he said you will be hearing from us in a few weeks after we settle Fair orders.
    No calls came- a few emails that I was told we are still working on orders hang in there.
    Then a month later came reply that he-VP was leaving and to follow up with CEO.
    Follow up email not replied to- as far as that went possible job offer over and done after 2 no replies to my emails.
    For that an unemployed guy living tight had to pay $100 bucks taking his wife to NYC to basically show how much I wanted the job and show interest in Toys- we stayed for 3 hours-only chatted with IP for maybe all of 10 minutes.
    Strange- but mostly unfair and an overall horrible interview and follow up experience.
    Something either went wrong or the guy so gung ho was leaving and maybe didnt care but why make me go to NYC? and why make me feel I was close to the job offer?
    Unfair and an insult as my wife was like "I thought you said that was a good sign and basically show interest and job was yours"?
    THAT was the insinuation anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career?   1 Answer
    • What was my management style and have I handled large staffs before?
      Plus there were a few "bad apples" in the group that should be weeded out was that a problem?   1 Answer