Internet Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Internet Brands Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2018

2.5

Sort:

Interview

Phone screen and 1 onsite interview. They ask for salary details on the first phone screen. Fairly a quick process overall before presenting an offer. The interview process is different for every department, some roles require a case study, several onsite interviews, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The interview process took more than 4 hours and I met with multiple recruiters and the VP. Their compensation is extremely low. They kept emphasizing how the dress code was casual so I am supposed to take a pay cut just because I get to wear jeans to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage recruiting for multiple technical positions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen with a recruiter+ an on-site interview. They ask about previous work history and past compensation. They also want to know why you want to be part of a recruitment team. Furthermore they asked about motivational factors, commute, and current career objectives. Very straightforward process. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the best pick out of all qualified candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with the initial recruiter who contacted me from indeed.com. She was really nice and left me with a positive feeling after meeting with her on my second interview on property. The interview was 2 hours long, because I met with 2 different people after meeting with her. The interview was going great until I met with the HR Director. This guy was all over the place and made me feel uncomfortable with his questions. He wanted to know who else I was interviewing with and wrote them all down. His phone was constantly ringing throughout the interview and he abruptly left when he received a phone call from the CEO who he announced before he picked up the phone. If I didn't speak out and say thank you for your time and thank you for meeting with me he wouldn't have said goodbye before leaving the room. I sent a Thank you letter to the recruiter who contacted me. They still have not contacted me back.. I assume I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you interviewing with? How far are you in the interviewing process?   Answer Question

PHP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First is an phone interview to check your background . Then I receive a link in the email, it is a the online assignment, one coding questions within 40 mins, you can choose to finish it in either C,C++, Java . Then they give me a phone call to arrange an onsite interview. The whole process takes about 2 weeks.

PHP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Internet Brands.

Interview

Code test followed up by phone call. This was not a very long process, they replied to emails promptly and were all enthusiastic for giving me the position. I am no exactly sure of the perks yet. That was to be discussed and stuff.

Interview Questions

• Only one simple coding question was asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I interviewed with several people. I believe (but don't know for sure) that one was a manager, and another was a director. The last was a C-level. It took a few hours. They were all fun to talk to, and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty standard. They went over the things I specified in my resume, and asked more questions to figure out details that were relevant to the specific position. Just read the job description, and be prepared to answer any questions they may have.   1 Answer

PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone conversation with internal recruiter. Then three separate phone interviews about 30 min each. Followed by 4 hour in person interview. In the end was offered well below my salary requirement which was discussed in initial conversation with company recruiter.

Interview Questions

Not sure why they would waist so much of someone's time knowing my salary requirement was above their range for the position.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Initially HR did the resume screening.Next I was given a Hackerank online coding challenge. Later I had a Technical phone interview after that I was called onsite for personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly PHP and JavaScript. They asked almost all the concepts   Answer Question

Associate Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I lucked out during my interview process--I originally interviewed for an internship in a different department, but during the interview process a management director decided I would be a better fit for my current position (They were right).

My recruiter was brought in right away, very excited at the opportunity. I met with my current manager, and then our VP (which went smoothly), and again with my recruiter, who basically confirmed that I would be filling the position.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have an unexpected or overly difficult questions during the interview process.   Answer Question