Inteva Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.6

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vandalia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Inteva Products (Vandalia, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Great people interviewed me very knowledgeable Quality Manager. Gave a tour of the research and prototype facility. They asked technical questions pertaining to all aspects of quality. Very clean and professional group and facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to make a difficult decision?   1 Answer

Entry Level Production/Materials Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cottondale, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inteva Products (Cottondale, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied before and never got a call back and I applied this time just on a whim, not thinking I was going to get a call back this time, but 2 days later I did. The HR rep called and we talked and we set up an interview. The interview was very laid back, pretty much told me what I was going to be doing and asked me what shift I wanted to work and I signed a couple papers and went to take my drug test which was a hair follicle test. Waiting on that and my background check so I can take a physical and become an Inteva employee

Interview Questions

• What's the key ingredients to have a successful relationship with your boss?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Inteva Products (Troy, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

It was great until I was told I would receive a second interview and NEVER did. I reached out to the contact I had interviewed with and NEVER received a response after this person told me I would receive a second interview. It was tenatively scheduled for a Tuesday, I emailed on Monday because it was never confirmed and I was told it wasn't happening Tuesday. After many unreturned emails, I got a generic "Thanks for applying" email about 6 weeks after my first interview. Horrible communication from a company that told me "you will definitely have a second interview as you are 1 of our top 2 choices right now"

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inteva Products (Adrian, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed. After a few days, or maybe it was a week, they emailed me and also called me to say they wanted me to go in for an interview. They had me fill out a sheet with some questions - if I had relevant experience and how often I was late for work in previous jobs, stuff like that. They offered me a job on the spot, even though I had zero relevant experience. I ended up declining because they do hair drug tests, but I also felt like the work was not for me... It probably wouldn't take me long to start hating and dreading going to work.

Interview Questions

• Not counting vacation days and sick days, how many unexcused absences do you think are acceptable in a year? Why?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience assembling auto parts, industrial sewing, pressing together dashboard parts, industrial painting?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about having an erratic schedule - there are three shifts, you could be working any of them, on different weeks. Also how do you feel about being on your feet all day in a non-climate controlled environment? No one is allowed to sit except for the people who sew, and you will have some mandatory overtime occasionally, requiring you to work 16 hour shifts.   1 Answer
    • If you see a co-worker doing something unsafe, what would you do?
      A) Confront them, and talk to a supervisor if they don't stop.
      B) Talk to the supervisor straight away
      C) Talk to the coworker but if they don't change, it's not my problem
      D) Talk to the safety manager
      1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inteva Products.

Interview

Very informal, Doesn't ask formal questions. There is a plant tour, so don't wear a skirt suit if your a female. The Plant manager is friendly, make sure to ask questions on the tour.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inteva Products in September 2015.

Interview

Got asked at the career fair to do an on-campus interview the day after. Once I got there, it was a pretty casual environment. There were two engineering managers who were conducting the interviews. There questions themselves were not too-hard. They simply asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you when you had a conflict with a team member   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Inteva Products in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, both same day for around an hour each. I initially interviewed with 3 Directors, and my 2nd interview was with the VP. Interviews went well and everyone I met was very personable.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with providing financial data to customers who require the information in their decision making process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was brought into the process by an outside recruiting agency who negotiated on my behalf.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Inteva Products in July 2015.

Interview

Talked with HR representative then about a week later had a 1 hour phone interview with prospective position superior and other team members. The process was straightforward and timely.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding testing/characterization of basic polymers involved in automobile interiors.   1 Answer
    • The most prominent and disturbing aspect of the interview was the "fluff". Everyone introduced themselves with the inclusion of where they went to school and what advanced degrees they held. No discussion about actual accomplishments that caused improvements in materials, applications or processes, or relevant/promising R&D projects.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inteva Products (Gadsden, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

I attended 2 site interviews and 1 off-site interview. The first interview was 1:1 with the HR Manager and the Plant Manager. The interview was basically a get to know each other intrerview. The second interview was a group interview with staff members and team leaders. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and senarios. The final off-site interview was conducted at the corporate and consisted of more behavioral questions and senarios.

Interview Questions

• Not a question but a task. Asked to put together a 30-60-90 Plan for my postion at this company with basic knowledge aquired from 2 plant tours   1 Answer

The offer did not match or exceed my current base salary. The yearly bonus that was promised would have exceeded my base salary requirement, but a bonus is not guaranteed.

IT Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inteva Products (Troy, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Laid back, straightforward