Intracom Telecom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intracom Telecom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patras (Greece)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intracom Telecom (Patras (Greece)).

Interview

There were three parts. The first phase was a technical skills test (written and oral) in english. I was asked to create some flowcharts and write a few lines of pseudo-code. No specific programming language was asked.

Then I was called for a skype meeting with the HR department, where I was asked a few personality-related questions.

After that I had a third meeting with the local administration. The whole procedure lasted about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What does the A in ADSL stand for and what does it mean?   1 Answer

Junior R&D Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intracom Telecom.

Interview

At first there was a cognitive test, and a test for the english language. Secondly programming (SQL, Java, C, C++) and networking tests with intermediate and advanced multiple choice questions.

Telecoms Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tirana (Albania)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intracom Telecom (Tirana (Albania)).

Interview

The interview did go through 5 steps where apparently everyone was expected to be present. First it was an HR check and after that 3 more interview from technical point of view. The last one was with Icom CEO for further congratulations.

Interview Questions

• Most the interview was related to Linux, Windows, Netork related.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intracom Telecom (Athens (Greece)) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round: Group (~30 candidates) skills assessment for all open positions. Consisted of 7 tests of 15' to 45' each: Logic, English, C++, Java, Software Architecture, Communications Protocols and Theory in general, Databases.
    2nd round: About 2 weeks later, 1:1 interview for a specific opening.

Interview Questions

• What are the OSI Layers?   Answer Question
    • What would you choose, quality over time?   Answer Question
    • Would you use a new tool, which is better that the one you're using now, during the -running- development of the product?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intracom Telecom.

Interview

Briefly introducing myself at first. Followed by a technical interview where several aspects were covered. General and more specific questions. Multi threading, Networks and memory management were covered. People explained in short the project that I was interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Difference between concurrency and parallel execution.   Answer Question

Network Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intracom Telecom (Athens (Greece)) in May 2015.

Interview

After a long test (more than 5h) which included several fields of computer science(databases, networks, java, c++, cloud computing) and English language, I was asked to go to 2 different interviews.

Interview Questions

• How internet works ? Describe the whole procedure to someone who has never seen a computer.   Answer Question
    • How DNS servers store the information about the domain names - what happens when a server has not a specific ip ?   Answer Question
    • Who controls the internet network of a country? Where this service/person found/bought the internet connection ?   Answer Question
    • What is the simplest way to create a network connection between two computers?   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intracom Telecom (Athens (Greece)) in March 2012.

Interview

Referred by customer of the company and was seen very positively.

did not offer career advancement opportunities

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intracom Telecom in September 2008.

Interview

One on one interview with the branch manager (not the hiring manager). The interview was composed of easy going "get to know you" type question unexpectedly mixed with technical questions. The technical questions were mostly easy and knowledge based.

The manager was friendly and brutally honest at times, openly admitting that "Here we want hard workers, not geniuses."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever, the salary was presented during the interview in a "take it or leave it" fashion.