Ion Solar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Solar Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ion Solar (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job opening online. The hiring manager messaged me to schedule a phone interview. The first phone call was from the hiring manager. Then after a week had an interview with the local manager.

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ion Solar (Lehi, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online and got a phone call from the Operations Manager requesting to set up an interview the following day. I came into the office and it was super laid back. The Operations Manager was super nice. He showed me around the shop and we talked about my experience and what sort of racking/panels they used. I was actually offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was my solar experience?   1 Answer

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ion Solar (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I called replying to the add on Indeed. They called back about an hour later and asked to interview me immediately. I drove to the office where I sat for maybe 10 minutes and was then interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• The questions were; Do you have experience? With what equipment? When can you start? Do you know anyone else looking for a job?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ion Solar (Provo, UT) in July 2018.

Interview

Was emailed about my application/resume and had a sit down interview. The interviewer was thorough in my likes and strengths. Because of this I think the interviewer decided I would enjoy permitting more. And that is the job I got!

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience in?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ion Solar (Denver, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

It felt a bit like a boiler room to be honest. About 20 people of all different ages and walks of life, all interviewing together for different jobs. It seems like they just want warm bodies, since they pay only from commission it's free to them to have as many employees as they can get, I suppose. If you are interested in taking a punt and are willing to make 200-400 dollars per closed sale, walking door to door in neighborhoods, they are interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in solar?   1 Answer

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ion Solar (Columbia, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Very informal (They were still technically Vision Solar at this time). I applied, had to follow up, and then they did a quick phone screening where they invited me to the open house. The open house was basically just them talking about themselves and how great of a company they were.

Interview Questions

• Sell me yourself or sell me this water bottle.   1 Answer

Solar Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ion Solar (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

Screening call to notify you of the role. It's a 1099, without benefits and no relocation assistance. It's purely a commission only job walking door to door.

I didn't make it too far in their process, because I objected to the compensation and expenses I would have to incur to join their team

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why do you want to work in solar.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ion Solar (Denver, CO).

Interview

It was simple and easy. I applied the next day I was asked to come in for an interview. Scheduled it for 5 days out. I did like that the recruiter gave me access to the hiring manager if I had any difficulties getting there. Ok totally NOT at ALL like the job ad for a "Sales Manager". You start off as a door to door appointment setter, commission only. Then move up to a closer again commission only. And the interview was a group interview and powerpoint. This was not an interview more like an MLM company trying to sell me something I didn't want. Group interviews where you show a powerpoint don't ask people questions is not an interview. I knew it was door to door solar I just thought I would be managing a sales team, which is my background. Just tell people up front what it is. I would never have come in. Ever. Candidate's don't hate negatives, they hate surprises. Me and another candidate were laughing on the way out, out we weren't expecting "that".

Interview Questions

• None. Well other than on the back of a basic sheet of paper where you put your name and contact information. Then on the back it asked yes or no questions about:
      "Do you think this opportunity is a fit that aligns with your career goals and values" - YES/NO
      "If I made it through the hiring process was I confident I would do everything in my power to out work others to be successful" - YES/NO
      "Are you interested in the opportunity with Ion Solar" - YES/ NO   1 Answer