Iowa State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Iowa State University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

it was a video conference interview for about 30 min. It was mainly technical, about my previous M.Sc. research work. then I was asked about some logistics because i was an international student

Interview Questions

• Most of the question was purely technical and was expected   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

Formal phone interview. 3 people from the group were there.There were no technical questions. All about behavioral questions. For example, how do you manage when things are so busy? How do you deal with a challenge?

Interview Questions

• How do you manage when things are so busy? How do you deal with a challenge?   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an application submission prior and then a sit down interview. Being that there are several locations on campus and thousands of students needing to be served they were pretty open to giving me the job, but asked what my past experience had been anyway.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Interview

A brief personal interview with a couple technical questions followed by another interview with managers that is mostly personal. It is generally a brief process and apart from paperwork you can expect to be working only a few days after being called to come in for the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

Application package with all requirements, including GRE and TOEFL. Then got to identify professors whose work I was interested in and who were taking students. Finally, professor contacted me for a phone interview and that's how the process kicked off until I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in my research area?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Only need to submit the resume and personal statement. They will rate candidates based on resume. This does not need to take too much time. Again, it is a university position only rate the candidate based on previous experience.

Grader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

There is no interview. Just submit your application with GPA on the form. And then wait for several days for an email response. If your GPA is really high, no worries, you will get the job.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

I was interviewed by four women who worked in the department in the board room. They were all very nice and inviting.The interview took about 30 minutes. They let me know by an e-mail that I had received the position two days after.

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

Very informal and to the point. The interview process indicated the job summary, the duties, and the environment and what they would have expected from you. It was very inviting and not intimidating. The people were very nice and to the point. The duties were not negotiated and were not hard on both your body and mind. It was very do-able work.

Head Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

Iowa State University conducted test and then called for people who got more than certain cut off and then 3 people interiewed me. The job position included teaching the general chemistry, conducting recitations and performing lab experiments. Grading exams and holding one help center hour, preparing presentations

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and my learning and teaching abilties   Answer Question