Iowa State University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Iowa State University

2.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 107 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Iowa State University (United States)

Interview

Really a very basic and conversational interview. Very little technical questions. Great tour of the labs and facilities. I had a good time despite not being really prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What kinds of projects are you working on?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Iowa State University (United States)

Interview

Candidates are recruited into specific Options. Please choose up to two of the specialist Options, drawn from the selection offered by the MSc, that you want to apply for. These should be ranked in order of preference. If you are unsuccessful with your first Option choice your application will be passed onto the convenor of your second choice Option for consideration.

Interview Questions
Iowa State University
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Iowa State University (United States)

Interview

Phone interview then in person with simple coding and problem solving questions. Layer back and casual attire. Answered about 6 questions during interview. Interviewer was very nice and helped a lot.

Interview Questions
Iowa State University
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Iowa State University (United States)

Interview

They do look your qualification and if matches they hire you. There is no formal process , however a Professor may want to chat with you about your experiences and go through your resume.

Interview Questions
Iowa State University
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (United States) in Feb 2020

Interview

Got a call within 2 weeks of applying. Process was fairly simple but very repetitive. 1. Phone call with HR about salary expectations and other related behavioral questions. 2. Phone interview with team members. Questions were about the experience I have in regard to the job requirements. They basically asked if I have experience in the different technologies they work on. Also asked a few behavioral questions. 3. Virtual interview with team members. This was a video interview and the questions were exactly same as in the previous interview. I found this one to be very un-necessary because there was hardly anything new. The only new things asked waere java questions. They asked to write the code for them in the chat window.

Interview Questions
Iowa State University
Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA)

Interview

ZOOM interview (1 hr) then full-day on campus with a presentation. It was a long process from the initial interview to offer. The system was very slow then. The speed sometimes is determined by the people involved in the hiring.

Interview Questions
  • what are your experiences advising students in higher education?
Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA)

Interview

it was great, at first, it was intimating but after I just start to talk with them it really goes well. I have prepared well and they have asked me to start to talk with one of my project that I want, After that, they asked me about my background, and then they started to talk about their company

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your most (or least) successful UX design project
Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in Apr 2019

Interview

The interview process followed four unique projects focused in communication, leadership, engineering, and basic algebra skills. The interviewer appeared calm and willing to cooperate with the student to help the interview run smoothly.

Interview Questions
  • Please explain recursion to me from the perspective of a teacher.
  • Please explain what Object-Orientation is in only a few words.
Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in Apr 2019

Interview

I talked to the hiring manager of the Seed Science Center IT branch and was asked basic questions about handling hardware and software solutions for the workstations on-site. Nothing was too difficult. If you have been around computers for a long time and comfortable with working with Windows 10 in general then this job should be fine.

Interview Questions
  • How is RAM put on a motherboard?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Iowa State University (United States)

Interview

Send an email and got a reply without an interview. My supervisor did ask reference from my supervisor in China who is so nice to help me get this wonderful chance.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 107