Iowa State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Iowa State University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.3

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

It's a short phone call asking about what your class schedule is like, and if you have ever had a job before. Honestly anyone could work at this place so long as you are a felon.

Event Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Job is very easy to get. I simply emailed the man in charge stating that I was looking for a job. He emailed me back right away and we set up an interview!

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

The interview process was given in a group setting. We were given various tutor-tutee situations and asked to respond with an appropriate action. We were allowed to consult with the other candidates as well.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important for you to understand the material you are tutoring?   Answer Question

Interview

Online application and hire. Didn't have to do anything other than fill out an online form. It was pretty easy. For the most part, to get hired as a Student Assistant Manager, you have to already be working there.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

I just had a phone interview. Part 1 of the interview process. If selected to go further I would interview in person next. I applied for the job on the Iowa State University job page and it took almost a month before they contacted me about an interview. I heard this is common though with these educational institutions.

Interview Questions

• What is important to me as a graphic designer when creating a website?   Answer Question

Associate Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

Interview

The first step was a 30 phone interview with the interview team. The finalists were asked to campus for a 4 hour interview that included various groups of people that the incumbent would interact with regularly should they be chosen for the position.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I didn't really have an interview. I submitted an application after I met my eventual mentor at a professional conference (I guess that was my interview). My conversation with him at the conference was very low key, as we just talked generally about some of the things that we were doing with our work/research.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA).

Interview

There was no actual interview. They look at your application and accept or reject you based on that. This means that you merely have to compete against everyone else in the application pool.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know previous teaching experience, which is hard to come by during an undergrad degree.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

it was a video conference interview for about 30 min. It was mainly technical, about my previous M.Sc. research work. then I was asked about some logistics because i was an international student

Interview Questions

• Most of the question was purely technical and was expected   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

Formal phone interview. 3 people from the group were there.There were no technical questions. All about behavioral questions. For example, how do you manage when things are so busy? How do you deal with a challenge?

Interview Questions

• How do you manage when things are so busy? How do you deal with a challenge?   Answer Question