Iowa State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Iowa State University

2.3

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2012.

Interview

Submission of current class schedule and resume/cover letter along with current transcript. After submission, I waited about a week to hear back for an interview. An interview date was set up. I went to the interview and was asked questions about my academic experience and then shown around the lab as well as the green house. I was then told there were more prospective interviews. A few days later i got an email saying i got the job!

Interview Questions

• What is your major and why are you interested in this lab   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in November 2008.

Interview

Emailed about a job posting on university job search. Asked for resume and any other relevant info. Met for a 1:1 interview explaining the type of research they do, and what I'd be doing. Asked for the hours I was available. Got an e-mail back within a week asking me to come in for my first day. Very casual, dressed in my normal college student attire, everyone in lab was dressed the same.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't feel the need.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in March 2018.

Interview

I sat down with the Supervisors within the conservation project (Monarch rearing and research). I learned about what they do and its importance. And after our discussions I received a tour of the facility. After the interview it was important to them that I was able to work with them as a team so it took a week or so to know that I had a firm position with them.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to accomplish in the future and do you think that this position will have any benefit to that?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Ask about the UI and how to design the website, introduce the idea of how to create the website and provide your own creativity, expected salary, and time to work

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2009.

Interview

Met with a couple of managers. They asked a few basic IT questions along with other questions that you would normally see on an ACT exam.

Interview Questions

• Tell us 5 different things you can do with this paper clip.   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Interview

A brief personal interview with a couple technical questions followed by another interview with managers that is mostly personal. It is generally a brief process and apart from paperwork you can expect to be working only a few days after being called to come in for the interview.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

They give hypothetical scenarios in which you are tested on how you would handle different tutees with different personalities. You are paired up in groups and are made to match hypothetical actions to hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview to be a research assistant at ISU is pretty liberal. The best bet is to do well in a class with a professor that is doing research and talk to them about joining their lab from there. Another option is to e-mail professors that are doing research that you may be interested in. I find that often times, professors will take you on even if they don't need the help because they see your passion.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the research that I am conducting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was not that bad at all. they want to know that you're reliable and punctual. The also want to check/ see if you can handle pressure situations and how you will handle them

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

professor for signal and system class, asked me about the fourier transfer and how can I get the formula. also, some knowledge about matlab. it is a short interview, and me and professor talked very well. because i got A for this class and my gpa is good, so i got the position