Irdeto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.6

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Irdeto (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through Indeed. A phone interview was scheduled with recruiter. Experience on project management was asked. A teleconference interview was scheduled with business manager. Overall very much satisfied with the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irdeto.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn.A phone interview was scheduled. Combination of basic technical and non technical questions was asked. A video interview was scheduled. 4 members took the interview and all were very friendly. Overall very much satisfied with the process.

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Irdeto (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Canadian telephone recruiter screens. 30 minutes in-depth telephone interview. Two hours in-person with five or six interviewers including video conference at a remote office. Various degrees of technical and process questions. People mostly friendly but also seemed stressed. Office looked empty but in a good location. I was asked if I preferred starting at a 6 am shift or a late shift.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irdeto (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a phone screen followed by online quiz followed by in person interview. Low effort and rushed. Claimed they wanted to work with the best without doing much to filter for it. Some interviewers were absent or left early. No coding challenge, just software chit chat. Interviewer focused on a completely different language stack than what interview was for, because the interviewers stated they didn't know the language (?). Very strange, they determined this to be worthy enough to make a decision, despite no whiteboard or coding challenges.

Be sure to understand the fundamentals of software, but good luck, you may be asked a set of questions that are more relevant to a different language and stack from what the job description says. Not a hard interview by any means.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irdeto (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

It started with a phone call from HR. Then continued with codility test and hiring manager interviews. Also there was another session for reviewing codility test. For the latest step, I had some in-site interviews and got the offer after 1 week.

C++ Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Irdeto.

Interview

I applied through a friend in the company. First we had a phone call with an HR employee. The next step was a generic and adaptable online test. Questions were adaptable: they get more difficult as you answer or easier if you give wrong answers. However there were sql questions apart from c++ which I do no know. In the end they decided I do not have enough expertise.

Interview Questions

• Questions about polymorphism, virtual destructors, multithreading.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Irdeto.

Interview

Code challenge + Remote Interview + On-site Interview

A series of interview that wastes your time and money. I could feel they showed no interests while still invited me to the interview. This is an interview where you heard the interviewer said "I have no questions" upfront. They might be afraid of that somebody they like refuses their offer. So they put you to the interview with no reimbursement of travelling cost and a fake smile.

It could be an interesting place to work if you are not somebody's backup. Ask them about their real feelings cause they do not pay your anything. Pros can be that people are in general friendly and their office is nice.

Anyway I understand Tencent is really making good money FOR them.

Financial Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irdeto.

Interview

Over the phone, while I was on lunch brake
    A lot of at hock questions
    Employer seemed confused and whole process seemed confusing
    Promised to provide feedback by the end of the day and never responded

Senior Embedded Software Design Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irdeto (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2016.

Interview

First an online interview as a video conference is done, in which resume is walked thorough. If it goes well, they send you a set of essay type questions to be solved in a certain amount of time (in days). After solving and submitting the answers another video conference session is held, during which the given answers are discussed. I was disqualified at this stage so I don't know about the further stages.

Interview Questions

• In the second pahes's questions set, there are two question categories; first is case study type questions and second is script programming questions (Python). The first category is presented as user and test scenarios of a specific system or messaging interfaces. These scenarios are highly related to the domain that the company is working on, which is Smart cards, card readers their messaging interfaces. In the programming questions, one of them was challenging but not very impossible to be solved.   1 Answer
    • Case study questions and programming questions.   1 Answer

Python Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irdeto (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted mi cv through linkedin, and after a few days they resply offering for a skype interview. After that I had the interview with a manager, and 2 technical leads. Manager asked questions related to behavior in work, previous experience. Technical leads asked questions related to technology, frameworks, linux, networks. after that they send and exercise to solve, the excercise was to write all the test cases for a machine that reads a card with a pin number, they provide details about the machin posibble codes, moreover you had to provide code to test the machine. and finally you had to write a python program that read files from a directory and compare some values inside of them.