Islamic Relief USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Islamic Relief USA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.8

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Islamic Relief USA in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview with two people (after it being delayed by an hour). I was asked about my experience and what my skills were. Then I had a video interview about a week later with one of the higher-ups. He asked more general questions and was a bit sterner. Be prepared to answer questions about salary and activism.

I emailed thank you notes to each of them at the end of each interview. Be mindful that they're always busy and don't respond as quickly as you may expect.

Donor Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Islamic Relief USA (Alexandria, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Basic questions back and forth. I was recommended by a friend so the process was pretty smooth. They were in need of seasonal hires so it felt like I was going to get hired since the position did not really need any previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you speak another language?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Islamic Relief USA in June 2008.

Interview

The main interview was a group interview. It consisted of many behavioral questions and situational questions. It was about 10 interviewees and 3 Islamic Relief interviewers. It seemed as if they were just looking for the right answers, because they already knew they wanted to hire these people. It is difficult to get an interview with IR, and once you do, your pretty sure that your already in the company.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Islamic Relief USA in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online on thursday and by monday I was asked to come in for a group interview. As soon as I walked into the office - I loved it! Everyone was smiling ! it was extremely calm and peaceful. The office is really nice, cozy and well kept.
    For the Data Entry Clerk position - I was asked to take a typing test with words and numbers which took about 10 minutes. My interview was scheduled for 2 O clock - when I was waiting for my interview, the receptionist informed me that I have been scheduled for 3!
    When it was 2 o clock, I sat down in the conference room and told the person (who was going to take the group interview) that I have been scheduled for 2. She agreed and did my interview right then and there - Basically what I am trying to say is that there was some lack of organization but they were flexible enough to squeez me in.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Give an example of each.   1 Answer
    • What techniques do you use to multi task better? How do you deal with interruptions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offers aren't really made during the interview. You get an offer letter after your interview process is over.