ItsOn Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ItsOn

ItsOn

Application

I interviewed at ItsOn

Interview

Phone screen then onsite and it took very little time for them to get back to me which was helpful. It was also nice that I got to speak with the CFO of the company.

Interview Questions
  • How do you save battery on phone
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ItsOn (Redwood City, CA)

Interview

Phone screening with outside recruiter; then a 1 hour phone interview with the CTO. Then scheduled for a 6 hour interview! (Honestly, even Google doesn't schedule 6 hour interviews.) The person scheduling the day-long interview was pretty unpleasant and condescending throughout. When I asked about a lunch break and the titles of the people I was meeting with, she pointed out that they were interviewing me, not the other way around. When I said I'd like to review some of the work of the team I was being brought in to manage, she again reminded me that this interview was so they could evaluate me, and was I "confused" about how interviews work. ^^ I ended up withdrawing my candidacy. I assume if that's how they treat candidates this was going to be a pretty unpleasant company to work in, day-to-day.

3 people found this interview helpful

ItsOn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ItsOn in Nov 2016

Interview

Had a phone screen and then was given a challenge to complete within a week. I submitted the challenge a couple of days early & sent a follow-up email a week later but heard no response for about a month. The hiring manager did mention that the process may move slowly and they may not get back very quickly, but a month is a bit long IMO. A quick update on my application status would've been appreciated - either send a short rejection or a short we're working on it... All in all, doesn't seem like a great place to work given the lack of care put into hiring talent.

Interview Questions
  • phone screen was questions about experience, behavioural, nothing unexpected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ItsOn (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2016

Interview

interviewed for a PM position with this company. I had a phone interview and then was asked to prepare some documents. I was asked to revise the documents to clarify some points and did so promptly. After that, I had a follow up video call interview with a second person who rarely made eye contact. I did not receive an offer. I never heard back from the company, not even a polite rejection.

Interview Questions
  • One interviewer asked, "Why should we hire you? or some similar question.
1 person found this interview helpful

ItsOn

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ItsOn

Interview

Applied via a staffing agency. Screening questions via email about various areas - linux, networking, programming, database, apache.. Phone interview with potential co-worker for tech screen. Inperson interview with 5 people for entire afternoon to go over skills and some logic. Friendly people. Offer was low and was given excuse that they could re-visit in 6 months. Didn't like that so said no.

Interview Questions
  • General linux admin questions. If you know your stuff, it's not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ItsOn (Redwood City, CA) in Apr 2015

Interview

There was a initial phone screening by the hiring manager.It was high level focused on getting to know what you do at your current job. Second round was onsite : 1.Interview with the VP :Mostly the VP talked about what there project is, who there potential customers are .Mostly he made sure I understood the product. 2.Interview with Developer : Mostly talk about what you do currently at your project and write a test flow for login.Went well, liked the company even more after this round. 3.QA Architecture:This person is a performance engineer,straight question:Do you use any tool for functional testing the API(I am API test/automation engineer),I said I have been using Java based home grown frameworks.This person insists on knowing tools, I name Advanced REST and POSTman Rest Client, this person asks what is that this tools cannot do.I said pretty much whatever I want to accomplish to test the API's manually I can do it, I don't see any short comings.And then he says can it run functional test cases on timely manner, I say for that we have regressions that we have written using Java based framework,he is like no can your tools do that ,I say no, then he says Jmeter can do that, I am like in my head wow Jmeter?? for functional/regression testing.Its understandable to see that pride in his eyes for the tool as he is performance engineer , but how can one use Jmeter for regression?? long story short they still use Jmeter for regression and want to continue using that.No problem i said.Next question why did you not show up for the interview when it was scheduled the first time, I am like I already told the hiring manger that I had to be with my friend as she had a medical emergency and then he was like okay ,no problem.Then the next question was to write Select and Update query in SQL,which was pretty straight forward.Then one Java question:copy the second word from each line on a file.I wrote the pseudo code . 4.QA : This person just kept starring at my eyes for a little too long, may be he is new to the interviewing circuit or thinks that this is how impression is made, he handed over a sheet with a question: Sum up all the digits from a given string:Ex : Its12OnI34nterview ouput -- 10 there were many test cases for this.I used the regex based approach, but got slightly lost when trying to cover all the scenarios like: no digits passed.repitiative digits passed consider a single occurance and return sum.It was a good interview question ,I wish I had worked well on this. 5.Final talk with the hiring manager:Again got to know the product and what was the role and responsibility. One thing I noticed each one of the interviewer asked me what I knew about the product and gave a brief over view of it.They stress a lot on understanding the product.

Interview Questions
  • Its12OnI34nterview ouput -- 10 there were many test cases for this.
2 people found this interview helpful

ItsOn

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ItsOn

Interview

I applied online. Process took 2 weeks. Interview was good. Received an email for a phone screen. The phone screen is not with HR, it is with the person you would potentially be working with. Phone screen was about 20 minutes about what was on my resume. A few days later, I was contacted with an on site interview that lasted about 3 hours and 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me Java ,database , Unix question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ItsOn (Redwood City, CA) in Nov 2014

Interview

11/11 - recruiter from cybercoders contacted. 11/12 - resume submitted to ItsOn; along with my availability for interview 11/13 - google hangout interview (off business hours) with Principal Architect; conversation ended with, to meet in-person. 11/14 - scheduled, on-site interview for 11/18 to meet with 7 people. 11/17 - schedule updated from ItsOn; timing remained but people names changed. <sign> 11/18 - schedule updated, again, 2-minute before the interview; timing remained but people order changed. 11/20 - results; 'no reason/feedback'.

Interview Questions
  • google hangout S: - organization overview - coding on google doc on-site A: - build a smart elevator (one of the google's interview question); code on whiteboard - how to measure one ft given three ft long, with a nice 'castaway' story L: - questions on features in the tools like yourkit, profiling & java tools H: - explain your project and some questions along the way P: - questions on java web app features that are pretty much taken care by an ide / api doc N: - total count of processes that has these functions: right,left,sendright(msg),sendleft(msg) T: - here you'd get the high level picture what company does and will do; how they do compared to the competition - time for your questions
RSS Feed</>Embed