Ivalua Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ivalua Interview Questions

Interviews at Ivalua

2.3

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ivalua in December 2019.

Interview

Interview process was not professional as you expect in Silicon Valley.

First round was coding test.
    Second round was video interview for which no one showed up.
    On rescheduled interview, interviewer did not know my name and was not having my resume.
    Interview was very generic with mostly “what does garbage collector do?” type of questions which I felt makes interview skewed heavily to instinct based outcome and is hard to grade.
    I did not receive any feedback about outcome of the interview until I reached out to them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ivalua (Pitsburg, OH) in August 2019.

Interview

There are 6 rounds of interview, 1St round with HR discussion , 2nd Round will technical google hangout (Video call) basic screening , once you clear the screening, they will go for Coding rounds , They will mostly onsite, but for me it was on zoom video call, as i am not local to pitsburg, Round 3: they are pretty good guys, they asked me 2 problems one is C# and SQL
    Round 4: Technical and Coding problem based on Arrays and C# inheritance
    Roun 5 : i was not qualified, basically this will be Product manager mostly with behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is Sealed key word in C# what is the usage?   1 Answer
    • What is use of Design patterns and why do we need? tell two patterns   1 Answer
    • What is the use of Using Keyword in C# and purpose?   1 Answer
    • Write a program to sum of matrix dignoal elements   1 Answer
    • identfiy the duplicate array elements   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ivalua (Redwood City, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Waste of time!Predetermined Interview !
    I applied through employee referral and I got a quick response within a week to schedule an initial phone interview. I was told that there were 2 open positions, a software development position and a software R&D position based on my performance.

I attended the interview at their Redwood office and the process was poor. The first round was the technical round with a technical person and fair to say it was not a good experience. The interviewer looked like she was predetermined to prove I was wrong with every thing. Starting from my prior experience and critics for my resume is too long which she had discouraging remarks on, each answer of mine was met with contempt. It looked more like her proving her expertise than trying to evaluate me. One hour of grilling later, there was this sweetener round with basic fresher questions which basically was an indicator that they had already made up their mind and this was just a formality.

It felt like talking to someone for the sake of talking or being forced to take the interviews. Overall did not get the feel or the impression to be interested in working for this company after having gone through the process.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ivalua (Redwood City, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

The HR team at Ivalua have very poor communication skills. I do not recommend wasting your time applying for this company. After asking about next steps, 3 weeks later they want to bring me in to meet with the CFO, and CFO was 30 minutes late. Lack of coordination and purely waste of time. Do not apply here.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ivalua.

Interview

Recruiter approached me in LinkedIn, did an initial phone screen which was behavioral/culture fit. They gave an online test which I completed within the given time frame. I got an invite for onsite interview for a later date. While I was driving over to their office, I got an email half an hour prior to the interview, that the interview needs to be rescheduled and they will contact me at a later date.
    I never got a call/email to apologize NOR did they contact me to schedule the interview. I verified with them and found that the position was still open and they somehow missed scheduling my interview. This was an utter waste of my time and resources.
    I found this absolutely unprofessional and it speaks volumes about their work culture and their hiring processes.
    After I informed them that I will be writing a review of my experience in glassdoor, I got a pity invite for onsite interview which I ignored.
    If you have a lot of free time and enjoy being stonewalled, you can apply here.

Interview Questions

• Questions were moderately easy. They were focussed on SQL queries, data structures and C#   Answer Question

Account Executive - SaaS Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ivalua (Redwood City, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

At first, it wasn't all that bad. After sending a resume, I was contacted by a recruiter who was a pretty decent guy, and we had a good conversation. Then, I was sent along to a couple of director levels, and these phone interviews were going to be held back-to-back,

An hour before the first interview on Feb. 27, I was told via email by another recruiter that the person needed to reschedule, as they had a candidate in house who needed to be seen., That wasn't cool, as the underlying message was that I wasn't as valued a candidate over someone who was physically there. The second interview took place as scheduled, which seemed to go OK. The person I spoke to then apologized for the last minute cancellation, and explained to me that they're going through a lot of hiring and sometimes people get bumped. I expressed my concerns, and was moved on.

I was then recontacted by the second recruiter to schedule an interview with the person who missed me the first time, which I did, on March 7. At the time of the second scheduled interview, I was again contacted by the recruiter who said that the interviewer was busy again, and she told me the interview would then reach out to set up one more time. Reluctantly, I agreed again.

After 2 days, last Saturday the 9th, the interviewer contacted me and asked if I would be available today, Monday the 11th at 10AM PT. I immediately replied that I would be. She said that she would send a meeting request that day, but it never came. I still blocked out the time, and if she actually did call now, we would still be talking. She never showed up. I sent an email at 10:10 asking if this call would happen, and it's now 10:47 and no response.

I've had some pretty questionable things happen in this current job search, but one thing which is unforgivable is wasting my precious time. Clearly this person has no clue or doesn't care about the time candidates have to take to be stood up, not once, not twice, but THREE times. This person is responsible for supporting both customers and the sales team, and so far I'm not seeing any support of any kind. Perhaps this is an indication of how it would be working here, like so many of the reviews. It is probably best that I withdraw my application, unless there's some damn good reason why this took place. The most valuable thing I have to offer others is my time, but obviously that isn't a shared sentiment. And I'm tired of having my time wasted.

Interview Questions

• Can you reschedule your interview, since the interviewer has another person in-house to interview?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Well the interviewer called me and the discussion had no details of the actual job. Just a high level 2 sentence explanation. The while thing was bizarre.
    I explained what I did and my experience. But they seemed not to listen it. They want an "all-in-one" systems admin. It's 2019 that is just not possible anymore with the amount of tech that is out there.
    I don't think I will hear back.

Account Executive - SaaS Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ivalua (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by an Ivalua recruiter. At first, I was super impressed with the caliber of people I was meeting with; however, as the process dragged on, red flags started appearing. First, this is by far the most people I have ever interviewed with for a career opportunity and it was excessive. I interviewed with 12 different people at Ivalua over 2 months. I had multiple interviews with several of the 12 and traveled twice out of state for face to face interviews and to present a presentation of my choice. This was a major investment in my time and two days of my annual vacation allotment. After the interview process was complete, the recruiter said I should receive my offer in 1-2 days tops.

A week went by and no offer came through. I contacted the recruiter and he said they were short on resources. Another week went by and again no offer. I contacted the recruiter and hiring manager and was told that the folks who needed to approve the offer were traveling and they they would get back with me. Week three came with no offer and I followed up again. I was told that my offer was still pending approval. Week four came and the recruiter was proactive, contacted me and apologized for the delay. The offer was still unapproved and he said he and would follow up with me. The following week I received an automated rejection email. This company may have a flagship solution and some good people on board, but if this is a reflection of their culture and how they treat people, I came out the winner!

Couple of other notes:
    1. It took 5 weeks to reimburse me for the travel expenses I incurred to interview out of state (over $400).
    2. One interviewer asked multiple times what I made on my W2's. I'm not sure if that is legal (California) and I found it uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How much have you made on your W2's in the last two years? Do you want to focus on Corporate accounts or Public Sector?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ivalua (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Overall process was really very smooth and was well informed about each and every details in each round. Hiring team coordinated very well. There were all types on rounds like written, in person technical and director round

Interview Questions

• Mos of them were technical interview questions related to technology.   Answer Question

Software Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ivalua (Redwood City, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

It was very smooth. HR got my resume and contacted me on phone and I had a 20 min interview where he asked me pretty basic SQL questions. Later I received an SQL codility test with easy to medium questions. I scored a 100%. Later I was moved to a zoom video interview with hiring manager which mostly had behavioral questions & question about my background. I was later invited to an onsite with 2 managers and the VP. It went great and the interviewers were very humble and respectful. After a week, I was given the final decision that I was hired. The HR was very responsive and patient throughout, although the onsite interview coordination could have been better.Overall good experience!

Interview Questions

• codility Sql queries ( join, case , group by etc)
      questions on sdlc steps
      what would your managers and colleagues say about you?   Answer Question