JANUS et Cie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JANUS et Cie

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JANUS et Cie (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interviews only, pretty extensive personality testing that is reviewed in detail with you. They had standard interview questions. Really nothing too difficult. First call with HR. Second call from VP.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult customer. Are you comfortable traveling.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JANUS et Cie (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I did phone interview with Corporate Recruiter and was told that I will be receiving email invitation to come in for face interview. One day passed without anything, I had to emailed and left message remind him email me the details for the nterview. When I came in for interview, I was impressed by the unfriendly front desk girl. After few minutes passed, the recruiter came out and took me to conference room for an IQ test. I was told I will meet with the Controller and Accounting Manager after completed the test. I came back to the lobby after completed the test and let the front desk girl know that I have completed the test as instructed. I waited for 10 minutes for the recruiter came out and told me that the Controller and Accounting Manager had attend the emergency offsite meeting, therefore, they can't see me today. He did not even attempt to reschedule the interview. This was very unprofessional on the hiring team, and bad reputation for the company as a whole. Please stay away from this company.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at JANUS et Cie (Miami, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I did a basic skill test, three personality tests and several interviews with high management. It was a very interesting experience and it was not intimidating. The personality test is not meant to catch your flaws but to check if you are qualified to perform the required position. In resume, they want to check if the position opened if for accounting you really like to do accounting and not sales.

Interview Questions

• What do you like the most on your job?
      What are your weaknesses and strengths, etc.
      They describe a situation and ask in three possible options as an answer, which one would you choose.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JANUS et Cie (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had four interviews. The first was a phone interview with the hiring manger, which was a general overview of the position and my background. The second interview was with the showroom manager, the next with the VP of Sales and the last with the HR Director. Each of them were very pleasant and gave me reviews of how I would be great for the position.

On the second interview, I had to take a personality assessment, which was pretty basic. On the third interview, they even reviewed that the results from my assessment showed that I would make a great asset to the team.

Surprisingly after all of the round of interview and positive energy, I did not receive an offer. I can only attribute the lack of offer to the focus of most of their interview questions. Their questions focused on why I was no longer in my past positions versus what I could bring to the team.

They seem very picky in their selection process. They are very hard to read and it's hard to understand what exactly they are looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What were you past experiences?
      Why did you decide to leave your past jobs?
      What do you know about JANUS et cie?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JANUS et Cie (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Responded to an ad, sent my resume and cover letter, I have over 10 years experience working in Luxury products such as they have. I was a bit worried as I'd heard the negative comments, especially about the women I was to interview with but decided to reserve judgement and went in when they scheduled the interview

Showed up on time, was told to wait at a table in the showroom. Almost 15 minutes later the person I was to meet came out and told me I don't answer my phone. I was confused and she continued that she called me a little while ago to not come in and that the position was filled. I was polite about it but she was so flippant that later I was mad at myself for not going off like a bomb. And never did I find any message on my phone.

Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

Was scheduled for an interview and a Wonderlic assessment ( some sort of IQ testing). Once completed with the assessment waited 30 mins and was told by the HR rep I needed to reschedule my interview because the hiring manager just jumped on a meeting. Once following up for a reschedule interview, was sent an email that they did not want to proceed further with the interview process. Very unprofessional on the companies part. I would avoid this company at all cost.

Manager Position- Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JANUS et Cie (Santa Fe Springs, CA).

Interview

Met with the company recruiter as well as the hiring VP. There is a basic skills test before your interview (multiple choice math, reasoning, and sequence) as well as a personality quiz (2 parts) which will tell them how to manage you and how you will get along with other team members. Very thorough process, however not intimidating. Everyone was very pleasant. They do require a lot of time, they have no regard for a candidate's schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How do you handle difficult situations?
      What is your management style?   Answer Question

Salary

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JANUS et Cie (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I was called for an interview at JANUS et Cie Singapore for a Designer position. The company had an open position and engaged a recruitment/headhunters agency which found me and then arranged for the meeting.
    I was happy to take the interview given the company's portfolio and positioning, and I was glad being called in instead of having applied myself.

I was welcomed by a secretary which gave me a form to be filled with my personal details and CV ... I had my detailed CV/Resume' with me but I had to re-write it all in their form ... it was a loss of time imho but anyway ...
    Then I was given a Wonderlic attitude/logic/math etc. test to do.

After the Wonderlic test, I had a face to face interview with one of their managers. He shared with me about the company and position, I shared with him my experience and expertise ... overall a pleasant and standard interview.

Only weird thing during interview, besides re-writing the whole CV, was that they had published a fixed salary for the position but at the time of the face 2 face interview, they claimed they cannot match it but they were able to offer a lower pay.

After the interview I waited for their call or a mail but nothing happened. I solicited for an acknowledgement or just a line or two to know any positive/negative outcome but they never bothered to let me know. I was curious to know at least the Wonderlic test score, but again they never replied me.
    To be honest, this behavior shocked me at first, especially since I was invited by them to take the interview instead of applying myself ... but then I thought better to know about an un-professional office and bad company culture before eve starting rather than later.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary? What's your story? Are you able to follow a furniture design project end to end?   Answer Question