JVS Detroit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JVS Detroit

2.5

Job Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JVS Detroit (Southfield, MI).

Interview

They emailed me at first and we set up an interview.
    They were very nice. I had family issues during the time before I started, and they were amazing with working with me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have recipient rights violations?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JVS Detroit (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Ad online, then applied and was called for an interview at their location. They requested a detailed list of my references and also transcripts from all of the schools and colleges that I had attended.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

initial communication with HR, and then interviewed with a technical guy in software development department and a program manager

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between primary key and foreign key?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at JVS Detroit (Jupiter, FL).

Interview

The online listing was very specific about preferring online resumes and portfolios and that those with links to online access would be considered first. When I emailed with all my contact info, online resume, various portfolio links etc., a woman replies to my email (in a rude tone) stating that they would only consider me if I submit a physical resume. These people can’t even get the apply/interview process right. Unless you’re an entry level buffoon or desperate for work; I suggest you ovoid these clowns. I’ve seen their websites and I’m way over qualified to work for this joke of a company. It’s their loss.

Supports Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at JVS Detroit (Southfield, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in early February 2017 via their website and got a reply rather quickly. I had three interviews; one telephone interview with HR, one in-person interview with the same HR person and one in-person interview with the supervisor and the director. The job required that you have a bachelors degree. I interviewed over a 4 week process and was told I was the top interviewee. A coupe of weeks went by before I was told the job was given to an internal candidate. In fact, during my third interview the supervisor after realizing I attended a college that her intern attends. I found out later that the job was offered to the intern who did not have a Bachelors degree during the posting nor during the interview process nor at the time the job was offered to them.

All throughout the interviews, I was asked the same questions. I thought I did well. However, it was a total waste of my time and theirs because they already knew who they were going to hire,

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to provide a client with support services.   Answer Question

Contract Resume Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at JVS Detroit (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

One hiring interview with the hiring manager. It was for a contract position so not as extensive as for staff positions. The contract did turn full-time but I had to interview with the Assistant Director before being offered the full-time job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a particularly challenging job development case at which you succeeded   Answer Question

Life Coach Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JVS Detroit in June 2009.

Interview

I received an invitation to take a computerized skills and personality assessment, and then later asked to attend an interview. The interviewer was very nice, and thorough in explaining the company and the position that I interviewed for. At the end of the interview, she explained that they did not have any current openings, but planned to hire for future openings based on the status of a pending grant opportunity.