Jardine Matheson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jardine Matheson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.8

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson.

Interview

the Interview process was through google hangouts, they texted me about the interview. they were extremely vague about the position and what the job duties were. First they told me how much the position paid and I said I was fine with that. Once I started asking questions the interviewer didn't really respond to my questions. after they offered me the position on a Friday, by Monday they told me that the position was already filled and the previous offer was no longer valid.

Interview Questions

• what I thought about the company   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson.

Interview

Had an informational interview with someone in HR after an internal referral for their selective Executive Development Program. Was the most condescending interview I have ever had and I've interviewed with the most pretentious companies. Basically the interviewer hadn't looked at my resume and used the time to insinuate that because I was American I would fail to grasp business in Asia. (I'm fluent in Mandarin and interned for a consulting firm in Shanghai in addition to a 6 month study abroad program in Beijing, all of which is very prominent on my resume) Moreover they require you to take an onsite test and the testing sites are only in London, Singapore, and HK. The London test date was on the same day that my CFA Level 1 was so it wasn't an option. I realize I'm drawing my conclusion from a tiny sample size, but regardless if a senior member of HR is that bad at speaking to prospective hires I can't see myself working there. If you find yourself in the situation where an internal referral lands you a preliminary informational interview don't be surprised if the HR member hasn't looked at your resume and is extremely condescending.

Interview Questions

• The interview was entirely driven by me, the interviewer asked virtually no questions.   Answer Question

SEATS Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The assessment was run very professionally and I got very usefull experience and feedbacks although I did not get the opportunity at the end. Very recommended.
    For those who are facing the interview, be prepared, know about the company, know how to speak in public, understand global economy and what is happening recently, and be professional!

Interview Questions

• 1. Two world news that impact global economy?   Answer Question
    • 2. If you were a new CEO in a company. What are you going to do in your first three months?   Answer Question

Southeast Asia Talent Scheme Interview

Interview

Assessment Centre is quite hectic. It began around 8 and ended at 6pm for me since I was the last candidate to participate in the afternoon session. In the morning, you attend a presentation followed by numerical and situational leadership tests. Then you do a group discussion and if you pass this, you get the stay for the afternoon sessions. In the afternoon, you do a business presentation, followed by some role playing and typical questions about career goals and leadership. The role playing is difficult. You can't win it as they will always find something to challenge you. It's how you deal with these challenges that counts.

CMTS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes a long time, application--> video-->phone --->AC, everything is just like said on the website, the HR followed the schedule very well and inform you everything that you need to know in the meanwhile.
    the AC begins in the morning, runs about 6hrs. morning session is tests and group discussion. in the afternoon, there's role play, presentation. it was not easy but fun experiences.
    HRs are very nice and friendly.

SEATS Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Morning and afternoon sessions. There were six people together in total for the AC.
    Morning: Presentation on the company, then numerical test and group discussion based on a mock situation (on the acquisition of a smaller company). If you do not perform well in the group discussion, you may be asked to leave before the afternoon session begins.
    Afternoon: Role plays (how would you manage unethical work behaviour from your colleagues/clients) and presentation in front of a panel.

Interview Questions

• If you had to sell one of their businesses, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

JETS (Singapore) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

In chronological order:
    1) Apply online
    2) Video interview - Tell me about yourself, why JETS, which sub-companies and why?
    3) Online psychometric test
    4) Assessment Centre - This was split into morning and afternoon. In the morning, we had to do numerical and situational tests, and then later had a group discussion about tuition fees (Student union vs governing body). In the afternoon there was a presentation and panel interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why JETS, which sub-companies and why   Answer Question

JETs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I went through screening of application form, video selection, online aptitude test, phone interview and assessment centre. Phone interview was standard and strict forward and includes questions like why Jardines, why JETS, teamwork experience, how did you cope with cultural shocks, etc. Assessment centre was conducted at Jardine Lloyd Thompson London, which included a paper aptitude test and group discussion.

Interview Questions

• Assessment Centre: Should government raise higher education tuition fees?
      Feedback from interviewers: Should have focused more on summarising and synthesising other people's opinions to direct the discussion in order to come up with a mutually agreed solutions.
      Answer Question

JETs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2015.

Interview

First they will ask you to send an online video, followed by a phone interview with the hr and online tests. If you got through all the stages, they will ask you to conduct a full day assessment centre.
    In the morning, they will introduce the company, do numerical tests and conduct a group discussion on daily topic. If you are lucky, you get to stay and present to CEO of one of the group company, and if you are not, they will ask half of the group to leave after the morning session.

SEATS Program Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jardine Matheson (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online from Melbourne (Australia) and a week after that got an email required me to send a video message answering few questions. Around 1 week after the video submission, I got an email that someone will call me and will conduct a phone interview. The interview went pretty short, standard interview questions, and they were pretty flexible with it (I asked for the interview time to be changed because I wasn't available at the time they mentioned)

Interview Questions

• Video message to answer: Tell me about yourself, why do you want to apply for SEATS, which JM group you're interested in and why, what did you learn from your internship, etc

Interview questions: 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses, past experiences