Jefferson Parish Public School System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jefferson Parish Public School System

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson Parish Public School System (Harvey, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

I went to the Teacher Recruitment Fair which was fairly organized. I received a list of positions that were available at all of the schools and was allowed to sign up for as many interviews as I wanted. I opted to interview for 4 schools. There were quite a few people at the event. I only saw three individuals get offers on the spot. I interviewed for a position that was opening in the near future and was told they would keep my information. Two weeks later, I received an offer by phone which I accepted.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gretna, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson Parish Public School System (Gretna, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted all of my application materials online through Applitrack system. Was called for interviews by the principals of individual schools and interviewed at the school site. I was given a tour of the school, in addition to an opportunity to learn more about the specific student and teacher culture of the school.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the school library collection and curriculum?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marrero, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferson Parish Public School System (Marrero, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

Laid Back. I felt lied to once I got the job. They promised me that I would have technology available to me and I do not. I cannot recommend this job to anyone because on the outside, it seems like a great fit but the administration is GREAT at the "horse and pony show." I am ready to quit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What kind of technology do you implement?
      What kind of classroom management strategies do you have?   Answer Question

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferson Parish Public School System (Harvey, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

Principals were called to a gymnasium to interview potential employees to ask questions about one's past work experience. The Principals also talked about what they were looking for in potential employers and positions that were available at their school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself , what are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

High School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jefferson Parish Public School System (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

interviewed with principal and vp over Skype! i was offered the position within a few days. The interview was not scary or hard. They wanted to find out more about me.