Jet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

All interviewers throughout were very engaging. Phone interview took 45 minutes. I highlighted my interest in consumer behavior. After passing phone interview, I was invited to participate in the online game. One business day after completing the game, I received an email from HR at Jet to schedule an in-person interview. They only do interviews on Fridays, and unfortunately we couldn't find a mutual Friday that worked for nearly a month out. The in-person interview involves 3 interviews followed by the chance to ask current employees any questions. The interviewers were all so well spoken and had great answers to my questions. I had a very positive candidate experience. The interviewers did a great job at engaging with me and being present in the interview. The current employee panel was extremely helpful in getting an honest perspective at working at Jet/Walmart Ecommerce. Other posts on this feed include the common specific questions asked. I used those reviews to prepare for my interviews. Definitely take the time to scroll through and read all of the reviews! Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Round 1 (Phone) - Background, why this role, standard behavioral questions
      Round 2 (In Person) -
                       Int 1 - Behavioral; Background/Walk me through your resume; Thinking outside of the box
                       Int 2 - Battery Hypothetical question; talk about an old interface that you are shown, discuss what you would change and what you think is good. It's easy to get ideas about what makes a good website by doing prep on user interface online
                       Int 3 - Pricing Strategy; If Walmart prices at 5$ and Amazon is at 10$, what should Walmart Ecommerce price it at? How to avoid price war if Amazon lowers their price?   Answer Question

Associate Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with 4-5 different employees who were all on the team I was interviewing for. Informal questions from personality to interests to skill set. It was different than most interviews since they also asked about who you are as a person and not just about what professional background and skills you have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jet (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very nice interview. Basic questions where asked about leadership type. There was also a lot of chat about Jet's vision and how they see them growing. I had a very good experience interviewing with them and would recommend anyone to apply. Another point to add is it was very punctual .

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary? Not sure why they ask that if you are not able to negotiate according to the internet.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

After reading all the negative reviews I was weary of this company but decided to pursue opportunity anyway as I am very interested in the business and mission. Overall process took about 6 weeks. Had two phone interviews, a skill test and in house interview with 4 people. Process went smoothly and turnaround was quick. HR was accessible and process was transparent and I did feel welcomed.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough in that I met with many members of the team. I was able to gain a solid understanding of not only how my specific department functions, but also the flavor of jet.com as a whole. The process gave insight into the way in which individuals' opinions are valued.

Interview Questions

• If money were not an issue, and you could choose any job in the whole world, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

In my nine year career I have changed jobs a few times, interviewed at more than a hundred companies including both large public companies and 3-people startups. The interview experience with Jet has been the best for me so far.

The communication with the recruiting team was accurate and prompt. What's more, the messages from the recruiting team were warm and humorous. The entire process from the initial contact, to booking phone and onsite interviews, to travel arrangement, to result update, has been a great pleasure. I particularly liked that the recruiting team sent me short, quick updates before the hiring team made the final decision. It greatly reduced my anxiety as a candidate.

Every Jet interviewer that I met was smart and approachable. Of course there were some hard questions, but I also felt tremendous trust from the team. They are not trying to grill you and show that the team is full of smart people, but rather they want smart people to join them and tackle hard problems together.

The company and its leader have a great reputation in the eCommerce domain, and is growing fast. I didn't accept the offer this time for family/location reasons but I know I will definitely keep an eye on Jet.

Interview Questions

• More than half of the questions are about past experience. So know your stories well and be able to relate them to the position.

For case questions, they are not like strict consulting cases but more like "should we user technology A or B to solve this particular business problem?". Not very hard but it helps to have a structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Multiple Phone Interviews followed by a technical interview and then an In Person interview. The In Person interview lasted 6 hours! the place reaked of politics. The skill range varied between developers. Their tier based pay system isn't in line with the skill set they are looking for. The majority of the salary is equity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Very disorganized. First phone interview went smoothly enough, and was supposed to be followed by a day long face to face technical screen. A few days after the first phone interview but they emailed me back afterwards to say they'd "changed their minds" and wanted to do at least one more phone interview.

Second phone interviewer called 15 minutes early, got angry when I was surprised by him calling early, and refused to use a Google Doc for coding. After that I decided not to continue with the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jet in July 2016.

Interview

It is a Normal Process. HR called me and then He scheduled for technical interview. Technical interview was scheduled and they were very professional about it. It was 45 min phone screen. You need laptop with camera. They use interview platform called Hirevue. Hirevue was very good. You can see you and interviewer side by side. As soon as interviewer press on chat, background goes to little darker. You can type code which both can see.

Interview Questions

• Take array as argument and print sum of odd numbers and even number. I did it without using anything specific. They told me do it again with recursion that i couldn't do it.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jet (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted few days after by recruiter to schedule a phone interview using HireVue. If everything goes well, you will be invited for onsite with 5-6 engineers.
    Two days after received an email with positive feedback and got a job offer. The compensation is very good and transparent for everybody in the company.
    Functional programming knowledge is not required for new grads, although recurrence concepts and skills are broadly assessed. Trade-offs on time-space performance, math.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jet.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me directly. Scheduled a brief phone screen, and then a technical phone interview after that. The phone interview was done through hirevue, it was a combination of some open-ended discussion and some coding. Interviewer was very nice and it went well enough that they invited me to an on-site interview.

After letting them know some time slots, the recruiter never got back to me even after I sent two follow-up emails. No confirmation or rejection, just silence. Very unprofessional on their part.

Interview Questions

• Some fairly simply DB querying question followed with a question on how to do the same thing programatically.   Answer Question