Johnson Matthey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Matthey Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey.

Interview

Usual process. HR Screen followed by 2 levels of interviews with Sr Manager and Director. The interviewers were not familiar with the daily operational requirements for the role. Questions were based on their reading up ion what the typical role manager should be doing. Had to not only elaborate but also educate them on the answers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you made a situation better, Steps and actions taken   Answer Question

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Wayne, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone the day after I applied, we set up an appointment for me to get another interview onsite and to get a plant tour. The culture of the interview was very laid back, informal, and very few questions. As a suggestion, come prepared with questions for them regarding the position. After this interview I got an offer the following morning.

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paulsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Paulsboro, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call the very next day for an interview. Was asked questions from both human resource side and hourly side. Nothing challenging or out of the ordinary from a typical interview.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called approx one week before the interview to set up the time. I was met by the Operations manager, Oss Bozier, the EHS manager Hank Osowski and the HR manager Nacy Boessow. The interview was conducted in a relaxed manner. All personnel were very professional but made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident where I failed and the recovery process and lesson learned from the incident.   Answer Question

Technical Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Conshohocken, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Super easy. They just wanted to let me know what the company was about. Didn't really ask me any hard questions. They wanted to see my likes and dislikes and my future goals. I was very honest that I just wanted to gain experience and they were totally fine with that answer.

Human Resources Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Wayne, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

HR phone screen, followed by in-person with hiring manager and one other. Accommodated their request for very early morning in-person meeting due to their hectic schedules. No communication for several weeks; no response to follow-ups. Finally asked in for a 3rd interview/presentation to a group of 5-6. Only one person showed for the presentation, despite it being scheduled 2 weeks out to accommodate everyone's schedules. Was not informed another candidate was selected until I followed up (again) 3 weeks after interview. Very negative and unprofessional experience from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever trained audiences other than white collar employees?   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devens, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Devens, MA).

Interview

Scientific staff were very knowledgeable and friendly. Majority were from CRO background. Only negative comments would be salary was a joke and the recruiter was just awful . The recruiter was a bully, extremely rude, and very unprofessional. I could never get him on the phone to answer questions or get paperworks until the last minute (if at all).

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initially meet with HR and then you sit down with the Quality and Production Managers. Generally spend about an hour to 1.5 hours in this process. Next is a tour of the facility to see if it is something that interests you. If there is a positive first interview, then a second interview may be scheduled and you will be put in a background check. Usually takes 1-2 weeks for the background check to be completed. If it comes back acceptable then an offer letter is put together and submitted.

Interview Questions

• One thing that was asked was how do you deal with personnel that are resistant to change as they feel they already know the most effective method?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Taylor, MI).

Interview

Takes long time for simple questions. Inexperienced interveiwers. They some times use a tech an suppviser. Never constant in question.very brief. Not well dressed not inviting.simple questions so easy a cavemanw can do it. Monkeys pressing buttons. Small site. cheap.

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Wayne, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Just gave them my resume at the career fair, received an e-mail asking for an interview and a plant tour. It was very laid back and we just kind of joked around with the HR people and some of the other engineers. I really enjoyed talking to all of them. They were a lot of fun. I did 2 one on one interviews with two different engineers and they were both fun to talk to.