Julep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Julep Interview Questions

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. I had a phone interview just now with a recruiter. You know that bad feeling you get if your gut when an interview is going sour? Yeah, I had that right off the bat? She kept saying that we need positive people, and we're a scrappy but good company. Also , the hours for the job seemed really bad.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had couple conversations on the phone before invited to the office interview. The entire interviewing process was handled very professional and organized. During the on site interview, I met the Finance team and couple senior leadership stakeholders. They asked questions about how I do my current analysis and what deliverables I could provide for them to make operation decisions. I also asked them questions to understand their expectations and their current processes. Some of their questions are specific to e-commerce and cosmetics industry, so it might be challenging for those don't have too much relevant experience. They are all intellectual individuals with clear vision and high expectations for their business partners. You can tell they are passionate about what they do at Julep and are optimistic about the future of the company. This made me feel more confident to accept the offer later on. One thing I really like about their interview is that they made it more like an interactive conversation instead of a pure assessment on the candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is your forecasting process for e-commerce revenue?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Julep in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed twice over the phone before being invited to come in for an on site interview. The whole process was straight forward, fair, and pleasant. I felt the pace and follow up maybe even exceeded my expectations compared to other similar companies / roles. Overall really good experience.

Social Media Manager Interview

Interview

This review is mostly in regard to their application process (which never manifested in an interview). First position I applied for ended up in a freeze. I was invited by the recruiter to apply again once it had reopened much later. Did so and promptly received a rejection letter that was literally addressed to "[applicants' name here]." Unprofessional and insensitive. I lost all interest in applying to Julep positions in the future.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I received an email from an HR employee pretty quickly after I applied for the Social Media Manager position online. We set up a date/time for a phone interview with the Marketing Program Manager (or some such) later in the week.

The actual interview was fine. The usual questions about work experience and learning about the position. The Marketing Manager was a little cold and hard to read. My biggest gripe is that I never heard back one way or another.

I just noticed this week that they've posted the same role again as Social Media Specialist. Looks like they still don't have it together.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history, what analytics do you measure for social, have you lead social campaigns, etc.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email in 3-4 days for the recruiter interview and it lasted 15-20 minutes. A week after that received an email to interview with Hiring Manager and this lasted around 20 minutes. 3 days after that received an invitation for on-site interview.

Office was cool, typical IT start up atmosphere. On-site interview was around 3-4 hours. 1st with HR Director, typical behavioral, get to know you kind of questions. Nothing difficult. It was followed by hiring manager who took the 2nd round of interview and this time it was much more technical, typical data modeling questions, basic-intermediate SQL questions and this lasted around an hour. Hiring manager was very nice and it felt more like a Julep technical meeting then an interview. This was followed by 2 colleagues in a different team, interview was on my skill set, some behavioral, trying to see how I fit in their culture. The last round was with 2 software developers. One interviewer was quite all the time and only one was asking. Again more questions on Data Modeling and techniques because that's what my experience is.

I asked a couple of questions to all the interviewer and I knew it before the interview was over that I am not suited for this position. They wanted someone with ETL experience and I did not have. But I had enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Write a query to find 3rd highest number from a table?
      Basic SQL commands and what it does.
      Basic Data Modeling questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Unclear about direction and goals of company, poor communication and follow-thru. Was asked to complete a lengthy exercise that took hours to prepare, then was informed the position was being put on hold and they would contact me when the job rec was re-opened, only to find out it was re-posted on the job boards days later. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What's the one thing you could live without in the workplace?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Julep in October 2014.

Interview

Coordination all done through recruiter. Lots of communication issues from the start to the very end which added both confusion and stress to the whole process. Overall the interview was easy with no coding at all. Everyone was friendly and seemed sharp but during the interview and from talking to people after the fact recruiting is a major pain point (both in process and getting candidates to accept). Culture fit and excitement about the company seems so important that actual programming skill is almost an after thought.

On the plus side the upper management I talked to is very concerned about your career goals and growth which is something I've found lacking in the Seattle start up scene.

Not a good fit

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially interviewed by HR over the phone for 30 mins. Scheduled in person interview, which was canceled and pushed off by a week. Interviewed for about 3 hours. Got the impression engineering wasn't happy, was told that engineering isn't priority. CTO grilled me later. Nothing too hard, I wasn't given any technical coding questions, which was odd.

Interview Questions

• Hard to say, since none of the questions were too difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Julep.

Interview

Started with a phone interview - Ended with an in office interview. Was told I had too much experience in other things? Felt rushed and sort of forceful about company policy. I was never asked about working overtime through the entire process but I am now "asked" to do so often.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult customer problem you have dealt with?   Answer Question