Julep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Julep Interview Questions

2.7

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I received an email from an HR employee pretty quickly after I applied for the Social Media Manager position online. We set up a date/time for a phone interview with the Marketing Program Manager (or some such) later in the week.

The actual interview was fine. The usual questions about work experience and learning about the position. The Marketing Manager was a little cold and hard to read. My biggest gripe is that I never heard back one way or another.

I just noticed this week that they've posted the same role again as Social Media Specialist. Looks like they still don't have it together.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history, what analytics do you measure for social, have you lead social campaigns, etc.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Interview

This review is mostly in regard to their application process (which never manifested in an interview). First position I applied for ended up in a freeze. I was invited by the recruiter to apply again once it had reopened much later. Did so and promptly received a rejection letter that was literally addressed to "[applicants' name here]." Unprofessional and insensitive. I lost all interest in applying to Julep positions in the future.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter to set up initial phone interview. During the first phone screen was asked my salary requirements, was told their maximum for the position was lower than the low end of the range I gave, recruiter still told me they would like to proceed with interviews. 2nd phone screen was talking to hiring manager, very easy interview, much more conversational with a few situational questions.

Both phone screens went quite well in my opinion, and I was invited for an in-person at their HQ. During the in-person I met with 4-5 people, including VP level. Again, I felt like the interviews were quite easy and everyone was friendly.

One thing that surprised me is that at the end of the in-person loop, the recruiter interviewed me again (she had already interviewed me on the initial phone screen). I was expecting this 'interview' to be more of a debriefing and letting me know when I would hear back etc etc., but she opened up her laptop and proceeded to ask me a list of questions.

Some of her questions were very surprising (not in a hard way, just in a "why are you asking me this? It has nothing to do with the job" way) and threw me off, she also didn't make much eye contact and was constantly typing on her computer. I think these questions were geared at whether or not I was a cultural fit. (If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?).

If I had to guess, it would be that this last interview was the reason why I was not offered the position, but it also could have been lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had a theme song for your life, what would it be?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Unclear about direction and goals of company, poor communication and follow-thru. Was asked to complete a lengthy exercise that took hours to prepare, then was informed the position was being put on hold and they would contact me when the job rec was re-opened, only to find out it was re-posted on the job boards days later. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What's the one thing you could live without in the workplace?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Julep in October 2014.

Interview

Coordination all done through recruiter. Lots of communication issues from the start to the very end which added both confusion and stress to the whole process. Overall the interview was easy with no coding at all. Everyone was friendly and seemed sharp but during the interview and from talking to people after the fact recruiting is a major pain point (both in process and getting candidates to accept). Culture fit and excitement about the company seems so important that actual programming skill is almost an after thought.

On the plus side the upper management I talked to is very concerned about your career goals and growth which is something I've found lacking in the Seattle start up scene.

Not a good fit

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Julep in July 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR representative for 30 minutes.

3 hour in person interview with an architect, senior developer, VP of engineering and CTO.

Architect asked design questions and a data structures question.

Senior developer gave a problem solving question on the board.

VP of engineering wanted to get a feel for career goals and path, as well as sell the company on culture, financial outlook and possibility for career growth.

CTO asked and answered a lot of various questions about tech stack, culture, and career growth.

I felt that I had better opportunities for personal growth elsewhere. No doubt though, this company will be very successful.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially interviewed by HR over the phone for 30 mins. Scheduled in person interview, which was canceled and pushed off by a week. Interviewed for about 3 hours. Got the impression engineering wasn't happy, was told that engineering isn't priority. CTO grilled me later. Nothing too hard, I wasn't given any technical coding questions, which was odd.

Interview Questions

• Hard to say, since none of the questions were too difficult.   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Julep (Gig Harbor, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call after dropping my application off to come in for an interview. I gave the manager a facial and manicure. When finished I was told she would call me and I got the phone call that evening that I was hired if I wanted the job

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in schedule and what days I'm available to work   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Julep in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed twice over the phone before being invited to come in for an on site interview. The whole process was straight forward, fair, and pleasant. I felt the pace and follow up maybe even exceeded my expectations compared to other similar companies / roles. Overall really good experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Julep (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had couple conversations on the phone before invited to the office interview. The entire interviewing process was handled very professional and organized. During the on site interview, I met the Finance team and couple senior leadership stakeholders. They asked questions about how I do my current analysis and what deliverables I could provide for them to make operation decisions. I also asked them questions to understand their expectations and their current processes. Some of their questions are specific to e-commerce and cosmetics industry, so it might be challenging for those don't have too much relevant experience. They are all intellectual individuals with clear vision and high expectations for their business partners. You can tell they are passionate about what they do at Julep and are optimistic about the future of the company. This made me feel more confident to accept the offer later on. One thing I really like about their interview is that they made it more like an interactive conversation instead of a pure assessment on the candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is your forecasting process for e-commerce revenue?   Answer Question