KLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KLA (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Technical problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot, pinpoint and resolve issues efficiently to reduce operational cost. Proficient with Optical and electro-mechanical systems as well as manufacturing integration and test processes. Eager to learn new skills and enjoys working in a team based environment and as an individual contributor.

Interview Questions

• • Test diagnosed and repaired printed circuit board to component level.
      • Installed and Calibrated print circuit boards in KLA-Tencor wafer inspection tool.
      • Troubles hooted all hardware and software related issues.
      • Used of test equipment such as Oscilloscope, DVM, power supply, function generator.
      • Worked closely with manufacturing and design engineering teams to insure better quality PCBs.
      • Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment   Answer Question

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA (Milpitas, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online through KLA website after receiving information about the position from the Career fair. Received an initial email with questionnaire that had basic questions regarding clean room experience, personal background, and some questions pertaining to future prospects. After submitting questionnaire back to recruiter, was then contacted for a phone interview that consisted of where I would like to see myself in 5 years, my clean room experience, talked about my senior design project and then basic questions regarding the position. Was then asked to come in for 1:1 interview which consisted of the three leads from each shift. Each interview was the same genre of questions and troubleshooting. Each different interviewer had a problem to fix and it was my responsibility to find a way to fix that problem through troubleshooting. After interview was over, was then lead into the cleanroom tour.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer had a worksheet on circuit diagrams and asked me to decipher it. Worksheet consisted of Boolean tables, capacitors, inductors, and basic circuit questions   Answer Question
    • Second interviewer had a diagram of a common issue found in the lab. Issue consisted of laser being shot into 5 different mirrors and a tool that measures the laser's intensity. Problem was that one measurement was off but it did not affect the image at the end and I needed to find out the issue   1 Answer
    • Last interviewer had an event in which he had three light switches that each controlled three different light bulbs and my job was to find which switch went to which light bulb. The environment was that I was in a room in which I could not see the light bulbs unless I left the room but if I left the room I could not go back into it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As far as negotiation went, there was none. The benefits are great and the compensation is good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA in March 2013.

Interview

The HR sent an e-mail with details on position. The hiring manager called me for the interview on phone. The call was about half an hour with details focussed on how work at current company was organized.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain in detail, on what your work time is organized, with split in time spent for various work activities. He wanted specific answers as to how this would be for the entire year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

One phone interview, followed by several 1-1 interview, some behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer came, and they did not want to negotiate, take it or leave it. However, I got to choose my starting date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA (Milpitas, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

1 Telephonic interview if you clear this then onsite interview

7 interviews on the onsite interview day, Some Resume based, Some C++, Some Java.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA (San Jose, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

my background was in EE. Interviewed for software engr. one of the interviewer said position for software engr and looked at my resume few times and left. supposed to meet with 6 people but had interview with only 4.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KLA (Milpitas, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

It is phone screen, on site interview. In general day interview. 6 people throughout day, Some of them technical, Some of them from management. It is phone screen, on site interview. In general day interview. 6 people throughout day, Some of them technical, Some of them from management.

Interview Questions

• General & Technical about software development cycle   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Started with phone interview. Busy interview on site. Onsite interview happened in two sessions, as I had issues coming for the whole day. They worked out by splitting my onsite into two days.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA (Milpitas, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

They are fast! The entire week took 3 weeks. Week one, the recruiter saw my resume online and contact me, asked me whether I was interested in their position. I told him yes of course. Week two, one manager called me for a phone interview. He was a nice guy and the questions were relatively easy, I guess because I'm still in college, have no working experience. Week three, they brought me in for on-site interview. Met 4~5 guys there, one by one. The questions were focus on my background and some programming concepts. The only downside is they sent me rejection letter almost 2 months after that.

Interview Questions

• how do you evaluate yourself?   1 Answer