KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

KVH Industries Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at KVH Industries

KVH Industries

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KVH Industries

Interview

They reached out to me through Linkedin. After accepting, they asked for my email and told me they will reach out to schedule a call. I waited but did not receive any email.

Interview Questions
  • Are you open to night shift
    Answer Question

KVH Industries

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KVH Industries

Interview

After I applied online I got contacted within a couple of days to arrange an interview. Then another couple of days passed before we managed to agree on the interview date. After the interview took place they called me the same day that I got a job.

Interview Questions
  • Are you interested in sports news?

KVH Industries

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KVH Industries in Apr 2019

Interview

The process took 15 minutes, and was overall positive. Be able to answer questions about projects on your resume! Definitely more casual conversation, they're interested if you would be a good fit more than technical skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KVH Industries (Daytona Beach, FL)

Interview

Wonderful experience. Everyone I spoke with was incredible. Culture seems great - people are high energy & friendly & management is thoughtful, open minded, & flexible. Benefits and salary are competitive, & seems like there is great care & focus on helping an individual incorporate their passions into their daily role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KVH Industries (Middletown, RI) in Oct 2018

Interview

They were very pleasant, but were not able to answer what the position day to day operations would entail. It seems like they were interviewing my personality. I knew going into the interview they were looking for someone to coordinate instillation of their network devices to yachts and that they work in a variety of ports world wide. It seem being aware of Ramadan was important, as some of the people are affected by this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at KVH Industries (Newport, RI)

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR with straightforward questions. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager: more detailed questions about the position. Then an in-person interview with multiple people. This last interview had similar questions to the phone interview, but it felt more like a personality match. Everyone I met seemed knowledgeable and was polite and professional. My only complaint is that the entire process took a few months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Site

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KVH Industries (Site) in Feb 2017

Interview

Informal very easy going nice attention. Was received by the department manager after few word some of the team comes in makes some question and go in deep about the area I'll be working if selected.

Interview Questions
  • As Usual, what you were doing, what can you give and where you look your self in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KVH Industries (Middletown, RI) in Jan 2017

Interview

The initial interview is on the phone with HR to see how your skills fit with the job description. They give a brief overview of the company and how this job ties in, and then ask you if you have any questions. There are no technical questions, just an opportunity to sell yourself and your prior experience.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to talk about prior experience and projects that related to the position.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KVH Industries (Newport, RI) in Jan 2017

Interview

1. Interviewed with an external recruiter via phone. It was good as I walked through my resume, my career goals, and life goals. Also whether I was willing to relocate to RI or not. I told them I was willing to relocate as I needed to find out more about Newport RI with more time. Once you visit Newport RI then you will find out that it is a good place for family. However, the place is a ghost town during winter and only alive during the summer. Newport is disconnected and far away from other big cities of RI. Food pricing and other items are a bit more expensive than other cities in the US. You may need to take into consideration this. 2. Spoke with manager over the phone. Again walked through experience, expectation, education, duties, and responsibilities. Then I was scheduled for an on-site. 3. On-site interview. KVH paid for dinner, breakfast, hotel room, and parking fee. I was provided a walk thru the site, I only saw one shielded RF chamber in their place. But the chamber wasn't completely anechoic, which was weird since they dealt with satellite frequency. I didn't say anything. The office looked empty. Interviewed with some staff members, hiring manager, and manager of other divisions. The interview was more about telling your experience and what you have done in the past. I feel that the managers were conservative and micromanagers. They claimed they currently use Scrum for faster development. However, I had the impression they were using Scrumbut instead. The concept of Scrum is empirical process (agile for new features with uncertain results). But they use it to develop the same product with the same feature for the same customers, thus there is nothing empirical about the process nor innovative. I had Scrum knowledge but I didn't want to point this out to them, I kept quiet. It seems they use the system of cave and commons to micromanage their employees instead. I also kept quiet on this. I told them about the processes used by other companies, I felt they berated other processes. In addition, I felt I felt one of their "star" engineer had a huge ego and was very proud of his CAD choice and other CADs were not better than his choice. Again, I didn't want to prove, argue, nor inform him that other CADs may have better features than his choice. I felt like doing nothing and he seemed to be very proud of this feat. After the interview the recruiter provided me with health benefits of KVH. I compared it with the health benefits of my current company. KVH's health benefits were much more expensive and covered less than my current health benefits. In my opinion, it is not worth going to a place where its living standards were more expensive, insurance is higher, isolated from civilization, and the place is only alive during summer... Please consider the pros and cons before making a decision to work at KVH.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KVH Industries (Tinley Park, IL) in Dec 2015

Interview

Interview went well. Manager asked questions that were directly related to the position. They seem like a good company to work for. The manager said it wpuld be 2 weeks before they finished interviews and made a hiring decision. Seems like a small to medium company with some good people.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and where you see yourself in the next 5 years
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews