KWI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KWI Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KWI in May 2017.

Interview

The worst interview experience in my 10+ year career. Very unprofessional company with no defined interview process.

I had 6 rounds of interview (this company has been a start up for 25 years with only 140 employees. Now I know why), two telephonic and 4 in person. All the in person interviewers were asking the same questions and trying to explain me that in this company, account coordinators or customer service people are considered as business analysts. Apparently, for this company e-commerce experience is not a retail industry work experience.

The VP of the company who interviewed me was dozing off during the interview and seemed very disinterested in my answers. Finally after 6 rounds they realized some how that my experience does not match what they are looking for. What a waste of my time!!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenvale, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KWI (Greenvale, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through an agency. Met with one of the senior managers there. Whet to visit for an in person interview. Spent more time filling out the applications than talking to the manager.

He ask a couple of shell scripting questions then when on to brain teasers. I told the agency off about the brain teasers and he said that Google and Apple do it, so what is wrong. I said they get thousands of applicants unlike this crap little company out in Long Island. They have a lot of nerve asking brain teasers and wasting my time. The actual interview was over in 10 minutes.

He started with a couple of shell scripting problems then went on to a couple of brain teasers which he call logic questions (which they are not really).

Interview Questions

• How can you count the number of times a string from a pipe delimited file occurs in the file; in other words how many times the first column's sting is in the file.   Answer Question
    • Given a shell script to make more efficient. Uses a do loop in shell to put all the file names *.txt into a file.   Answer Question
    • Brain Teasers

There is a building with 100 floors. You are given 2 identical eggs. The most interesting property of the eggs is that every egg has it’s own “threshold” floor. Let’s call that floor N. What this means is that the egg will not break when dropped from any floor below floor N, but the egg will definitely break from any floor above floor N, including floor N itself. Find which floor the eggs will not break and the first one they do. Must be efficient the answer.
      Answer Question
    • We have 10 identical bottles of identical pills (each bottle contain hundred of pills). Out of 10 bottles 9 have 1 gram of pills but 1 bottle has pills of weight of 1.1 gram. Given a measurement scale, how would you find the heavy bottle? You can use the scale only once.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KWI (Greenville, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The staffing agency contacted me in mid May regarding this opportunity. I didn't start my interview process until mid July because KWI's team was unavailable and unresponsive to the recruiting agency to schedule the first phone interview. As I was about to move on I receive a call in July for the fist phone interview. Eight days later I went in their office for a in person interview meeting 3 different people individually. The in person interview lasted about 3 hours. They asked a lot of detailed questions and had complete an detailed application which required references and work history; something usually submitted before receiving a letter of offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult implementation   Answer Question
    • Discuss few projects I managed and implemented involving various types of retail clients in size and depth.   Answer Question

Vice President of Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenvale, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KWI (Greenvale, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with members of the executive management team individually, as well as with several members of the Development and QA teams. The team members asked more architectural oriented questions. The management team focused on leadership and managing an organization through change.

Interview Questions

• What would your 30-60-90 day plan be?   3 Answers

Interview

The interviewers from the Operations team are ignorant. They asked silly questions. They used curse words during the interview. I do not want to take another interview like this in my life.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KWI (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. Interviewed with some people who made sense for the role, and others who did not (and were not good interviewers). Interviewer did most of the talking. It made it easy to give the "correct" answers when asked questions. No behavioral or other kinds of "digging" questions. Procedural stuff. A review of my work timeline - really questions I expected during the phone interview or an initial interview - not the final upper management interview.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to taken on other certain duties.   1 Answer

Retail Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenvale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KWI (Greenvale, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was conducted by the supervisor of retail analyst services; more related to job experience in retail and technology and small role-playing (informal), subsequent interview was conducted by an individual from human resources; general questions asked about education, role model, accomplishments, etc.

Interview Questions

• Initial interviewer gave a "logic" test on paper, 14 questions, need 10/14 to be considered. Ex. All ducks quack; Donald is a duck, therefore Donald quacks (True or False)   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KWI (Garden City, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

First Interview was with somebody from HR, then QA Manager, then the director of IT

Interview Questions

• QA manager asked , totally different questions then what was applied for.   Answer Question