Kabbage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kabbage Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2018

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kabbage (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was took about 2 and a half weeks from initial contact from a recruiter to the offer letter and acceptance. The first step was setting up a phone call with a recruiter from Kabbage. After that phone call a date was set to meet up with two different Sales leads. The next step in the interview process was to meet with two department heads to assess organizational fit. After the last interview I heard back from the recruiter I had been working with on the same day and had received an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kabbage (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied as a referral through a third party. I initially spoke with Kabbage's internal recruiter to gauge my potential as a fit for the position give the my experience predominantly falls within the realm of manual testing as opposed to automated framework development and test scripting. Shortly after, a phone interview was set up with a development / QA lead that was very cordial and thorough where the typical questions came up. The lead we very thorough I answering my questions and didn't take offense when asked the very pointed question "Do you have a quality problem". I've asked that question in past interviews and it has been met with varying responses.

I did quite a bit of research (dare I say stalker level research) leading into the process via sources beyond Glassdoor and I can say that these guys have a great company culture that should be the envy of any other company and job seeker. I certainly plan on keeping an eye out for future job postings.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance, methodologies, etc.   1 Answer

Kabbage Response

Jul 26, 2016 – Recruiter

Thanks so much for your feedback on our process. Our culture is something that we're very proud of so we're glad that you had an enjoyable experience.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kabbage (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Kabbage has a big busy team so my interview was spread across a couple weeks. The recruiting agency and Kabbage worked hard to meet the schedule of the job I was leaving and the Kabbage heads and the engineering team were thorough and friendly through the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kabbage in June 2017.

Interview

I was a little pressed for time in my interview process, so we interviewed virtually. The HR representative called me initially to ask some screening questions, and then we got on codepad where I had to complete a pretty easy question.

After that, the next call was with 4 members of the engineering team, which was kept pretty casual. We talked about what we had done, a little bit about my past projects, and I had my chance to ask them what they were working on. We then proceeded onto the virtual whiteboarding on codepad. The question threw me off guard a little bit, but the question wasn't anything a talented individual couldn't figure out.

On that same call, the final half hour was reserved for talking to two of the tech leads for the engineering team. They asked more in depth questions about my projects, and really wanted me to explain how my projects fit into the overall scheme of what my company was trying to do. We dove pretty deep, and since I had a good understanding of the big picture of my work, everything proceeded smoothly.

The final step was a conversation with the founder of the company, as well as with one of the heads. This conversation was kept pretty casual, as I'm guessing they wanted to gauge how a candidate fares with unconventional questions. Kabbage is a pretty quirky company, so they wanted to make sure that any new hire would fit in well. Basically, if you can think quickly on your feet, aren't fazed by other engineers swearing like sailors, and you care about working together with other people and having fun, you'd be a good fit for Kabbage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Kabbage (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on 17th April .First over the phone initial phone screening test then followed 30 mint phone conversation which is technical. it is piece of cake. Followed by onsite interview for an hour, describe why,what and how stuff about a sorting algorithm.Again it is very simple. Very friendly conversation.Very professional individuals. Before this onsite interview I had looked at their employees profile most of them were young and from Georgia Tech graduates. That tells you why they have asked about a sorting algorithm.it is not senior role. so you should be strong in basics of computer science like data structures, algorithms . You don't need to be expert in technologies basics will do.

Interview Questions

• Simple sorting algorithm. You can nail this in mints.It is not a senior role so they don't want to be you be an expert in technologies however you should be a good thinker and you should be strong in basics of computer science like data structures, algorithms. Strong in reasoning skills   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kabbage.

Interview

Quick and Friendly - one HR phone screen, one technical phone interview, two on-site interviews. Everyone was friendly and asked pretty standard technical questions.

They present their unique culture and environment as a big perk for the job - which is really awesome because not a lot of companies invest this much in their employees!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kabbage in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me via email to set up an initial phone interview on July 14. 15 minutes after the time we set up for the call I receive a call saying he "got sick at lunch" and we'd need to reschedule. I rescheduled for the following Tuesday at 9:30. 9:35 arrives, no phone call. I had call him and even then he seemed to be busy doing something else. He scrambled and we talked about my resume and how I'd be a great fit for the team. Said he'd send my info to the hiring manager and try to expedite my application since I was pushed back a week due to his "lunchtime sickness" and it wouldn't be fair for me to miss out on this opportunity because of a recruiters personal problems. This was the 19th of July, I was told I'd be contacted regardless by the upcoming monday, July 25th. Needless to say, I was never contacted by anyone, and I doubt he even gave my info to the hiring manager. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Kabbage Response

Aug 1, 2016 – Director of Recruiting

We really appreciate your feedback and regret that you had a negative experience. We appreciate your empathy. At Kabbage, we have found it is part of our DNA to care deeply about our team members... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kabbage (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Right out of the gate she was really friendly and energetic. She conducted the initial phone screening, and after which she set up a phone interview with a Software Engineer. The interviewer was casual and very friendly. It felt more of a collaborative conversation, since I could further discuss the questions he asked me. After the phone interview, I was invited into the office. The culture was awesome in that there is free food and refreshments provided everyday, and I was offered some before my interview. Even better I was able to drink a cup of beer of my choice also. While waiting for the other software engineers, I interacted with other employees, and they were fun and easy going. It was a great time watching one of them ride a scooter around the office. I also was a given a tour. Moments later I was in a room with three other engineers. They all asked me questions about my background and resume. At the end I had to do a white board question, in which they helped me finish. After the interview with the engineers came the interview with the director of engineering. He was more stern, but also friendly. He was nice enough to give me more time for questions. He asked me mostly about the projects I worked on as a whole, and he wanted to see if I knew the working of the system. The interview overall was on both extremes of very relax and challenging. Kabbage is a great company to be able to balance moving fast and having fun.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted list of integers, square them and return them again sorted   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kabbage (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fun interview with out of the box questions not normal to a standard "tech interview". Really pay attention as the interview process reveals a lot about the great culture of smart people Kabbage is creating.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kabbage (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

only done phone interview as of now. simple questions, asked about projects on my resume and gave me a for loop java loop to solve. said theres this phone interview then another with the software engineer then come in to meet the company

Interview Questions

• Make a for loop that prints a multiplication table. so that row 3 column 3 is like 3 x 3 so it equals 9, for example   Answer Question