Kabbage Reviews

Updated May 18, 2020

3.9
Pros
Cons
  • "A fast-paced environment where you are expected to keep up(in 23 reviews)

• "company grew fast and is still growing, so typical growing pains of trying to rebuild implementations that were thrown together quickly(in 11 reviews)

1. "A great place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kabbage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kabbage is a great place to work. The company culture is great, stimulating productivity and creativity. A talented bunch of people work there.

Cons

I do not have any negatives to say about the company.

Kabbage2020-05-18

"Looks good from the outside"

1.0

I worked at Kabbage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers Free snack and drinks Decent benefits

Cons

The covid pandemic forced Kabbage to layoff the majority of the staff and close all the offices except Atlanta. It's not completely fair to blame them for these layoffs however this is the second layoff in Kabbage's history and it begs the question of how stable is this so-called unicorn startup. Their entire revenue comes from risky loans to small businesses that normal banks won't touch. Is it wise to work for a company that is teetering between open and bankruptcy? Don't be tricked by all the "perks and culture" like I was and consider what it means when the company can't even last a few weeks without laying off the majority of their employees.

Kabbage2020-05-14
  3. "Amazing benefits/work culture"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Kabbage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Technology advanced work culture pay grade unlimited leaves

Cons

none I can think of

Kabbage2020-04-03
  4. "Schizophrenia. People show up 1 day & a few months are “disappeared.” No reasons, no explanation. This week: Carnage."

2.0

I worked at Kabbage

Pros

Great industry. Company tries hard to innovate. Rank and File work very hard.

Cons

Don’t know how to recruit, onboard or prime new talent for success. Founders root against each other. Constant badmouthing of employees — even how they dress, do they smile. Gut feel rules over hard science.

Kabbage2020-04-02

"My opinion: Lack of HR Controls and Rampant Corruption"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kabbage full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Good Location and Nice Perks

Cons

1. I hated working in I felt was a racist organization. 2. In my opinion, the company and its senior leadership only cared about protecting their own, for example the head of HR 3. In my opinion, the CTO was arrogant, lacked leadership skills, was not updated with latest tech stack and had a hire and fire attitude 4. In my opinion, the latest financial crunch in the firm is only reflection of the monsters who exist at the top of the food chain here.

Kabbage2020-04-04
  6. "Great Company"

5.0

I have been working at Kabbage

Pros

Flexible Innovative Fun Lots of Perks! You can be yourself

Cons

A little too face paced sometimes. Can be overwhelming and stressful. Hopefully it starts to slow back down soon.

Kabbage2020-03-01

"The real deal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kabbage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm a millennial and I fit the notion of having my fair share of jobs. A couple years ago I started to understand that the grass isn't always greener, and knew I was ready to find THE job. That's when my friend referred me to Kabbage. I checked out the website but resented the happy, fun, go-lucky appearance of the people that worked there. I was hardworking and productive and liked being regarded as such. Did people even work at Kabbage? Would I get bored with all my free time? **rolls eyes upon seeing a picture of a ping-pong table** Good news is that I kept an open mind. After all, there must be a reason why so many people want to work here. Fast forward a couple years and I'm [still] loving it! Yes, yes, yes the benefits and all that but there will always be another company offering more. I love Kabbage because it feeds my need to have an impact. I work with highly intelligent people who are equally driven, and it's forced me to grow professionally and personally.

Cons

For better or for worse, your position will have high visibility. It doesn't matter what department you are in. There are high expectations and you're expected to produce. It can be uncomfortable and stressful, yet highly rewarding. Make sure you are asking people what a "fast-paced environment" means to them. This is probably the #1 disconnect and why people leave. Priorities change often, goals are short-lived, and don't get too attached to your desk.

Kabbage2020-02-18

"The first company since graduating undergrad in 2007 that I felt I could call home and grow with"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kabbage full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Company Culture allows me to be myself without assimilating or hiding behind the "representative" - Amazing benefits such as unlimited PTO, catered lunch, and beer :) - The company is small enough that you can actually see the impacts your work makes internally and externally - C-Suite are real people and have open dialogue with everyone - No closed offices- everyone is accessible -Great work-out fitness center and training sessions everyday for $0 - Vocal and candid about short-comings and area's of improvement

Cons

- Young company still working on standardizing processes - Cross departmental communication could be better (but what company couldn't get better at this) - Would like to see more diversity within department heads

Kabbage2020-02-10

"Great people and environment to work but company moves too fast for its own good"

I worked at Kabbage full-time

Pros

People., Catered lunch, beer on tap, relaxed dress code, paid benefits, 6 week paid sabbatical after being at the company for 5 years

Cons

They rush products out the door unfinished and shoddy and then do it again before they fix the issues with the old ones causing an endless loop of issues. Causes lots of issues for customer facing teams and the customers, as well as people on the backend.

Kabbage2020-02-23

"Amazing people and culture"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kabbage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment and exciting work.

Cons

If you don't like to be challenged and push your limits this isn't for you.

Kabbage2020-01-31

Kabbage Response

February 18, 2020People Operations

We appreciate your feedback! At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Since we are growing quickly, we continue to focus on improving communication between all our teams. Whether that's through our new Town Hall format, newsletters from our Co-founders, and tools to help our teams collaborate. Thanks again for your review!

Found 220 reviews