Kaiser Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Associates Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates in February 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call for 1 hour. The interviewer was really nice and shared a lot in detail. The interview had typical fit questions plus a mini case. The case was trying to size the market for the special lawn care service and plus some analysis on the potential opportunities. It was not very quantitative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve the problem with limited info   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went great, basic behavioral questions and a market sizing question. The second round was a timed 90 minute case that was very different from any previous type I had practiced or seen. Very stressful and did not have enough time. Overall, I think with more time I could have gotten past this round of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through Kaiser's online portal and was quickly notified for a first round phone screen. The phone screen consisted of behavioral and resume questions with a brief market sizing case at the end.

Notified for a SuperDay interview in Washington D.C. The day consisted of 2 case interviews with market sizing and graph interpretation, as well as a written case at the end of the day. The day was challenging and long, but the people were very nice and I had a positive experience at Kaiser.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC).

Interview

I am still in the very beginning stages of the interviewing process, but my initial phone call with a principal from the company was so nice. The interviewer was incredibly friendly and sold the company to me without having to try - he loves it there and it's obvious. I felt comfortable able to ask anything too.

Analyst, Strategy Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, 30 min case. The interviewer did not help walk me through the case and could not tell if she thought I was going in the right direction. When I gave her the final answer, there was not much of a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen after employee referral. Consultant asked a couple of questions about my resume and then went onto the case which was relatively simple even though I have very little experience with casing. Got through to the Super Day. Really enjoyed speaking with the senior-level/partner team members, but one of the associate consultants seemed to take a stress-case approach. In person case interview was much harder than by phone - market entry case involving market sizing, analysis, and recommendation for healthcare company.

Overall a good experience but strangely never heard back from recruiter. I followed up with recruiter after 3 weeks to try and get a confirmation but never heard from her then either. Obviously I assume I am not getting an offer, but seems unprofessional to leave candidates in the dark.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 healthcare trends you see and where are they going?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

First received a first round phone interview which was pretty basic and had a min case towards the end. Then, I was invited to the final round on site and had to interview with 4 senior level consultants at the firm. Also had 3 cases during the Superday including 1 written case. Overall, not tough process.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates.

Interview

Two junior consultants(together) interviewed on phone and then another two junior consultants(together) interviewed on phone. The first two junior consultants interviewed face to face again and offered the job.It sounds ironical that junior consultants with little leadership or managerial skills have been given authority to hire managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you didn't get help from management on a difficult project.
      Describe a situation when you could not provide a solution to client or failed to deliver.
      What steps would you take to structure a client engagement? How would you gather requirement?
      Bunch of stupid excel and power point questions.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered ridiculously low offer then came back after a month with improved offer.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates.

Interview

I applied through an online job posting. There was no communication regarding the status of my application, but about a month later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was pleasant during the interview and all subsequent email communications. The interviewer was mainly interested in your approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions

• The question was a straightforward market sizing question. Minimal difficulty with any case prep experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

On-campus resume and application, first round interview by phone (30-45 minutes) and Superday (office visit and interview).

1st round consisted primarily of behavioral and fit questions, with one market sizing question

Superday consisted of 1 fit interview (30 minutes), 2 case interview (45 minutes each), and written case (90 minutes total)

Interview Questions

• Written case can be overwhelming at first due to large quantity of data - important to identify necessary data up-front and search documents for needed data. Time management also very important for this written case   Answer Question