Kaiser Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Kaiser Associates

3.1

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates.

Interview

Process took a month or so. Initial phone screen and 'Super Day' interviews, which included case, written test, and behavioural. Written and cases were not particularly quantitative or challenging, cases were largely interviewer led, practice and familiarity with basic frameworks would be sufficient. Come across as calm, thoughtful, and confident. Behavioural is key as Kaiser is heavy on 'culture' fit--friendly, hardworking, curious, self-motivated, team player.

Overall great experience, everyone is friendly, cares about applicant experience, interview process was convincing that Kaiser is an employer of choice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult. Written requires quick ability to process information into digestible format.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief and limited, dependent on experience level

Application

Interview

I applied through an online job posting. There was no communication regarding the status of my application, but about a month later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was pleasant during the interview and all subsequent email communications. The interviewer was mainly interested in your approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions

• The question was a straightforward market sizing question. Minimal difficulty with any case prep experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Durham, NC) in September 2018.

Interview

Call (behavioral + case), then you write a paper, then onsite. they're super nice which throws you off but they judge harshly bc they get a lot of applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in November 2008.

Interview

There was an on campus interview with two recruiters, they asked me a case interview question about how many passengers leave JFK airport on any given day, and asked other background questions. For the second round they flew me to DC and had a series of 5 or 6 hour long interviews with all sorts of different firm members, including two pretty strenuous case interviews.

In general, I liked everyone I interacted with.

Interview Questions

• How many passengers leave JFK airport on a given day.   19 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

My first round was on campus, It was a basic behavioural for 30 minutes and a 15 minute brainteaser. (how many cups of coffee does starbucks sell in a day? ) later i was invited to their office in Dc for a final round. This had a skills test, 4 case interviews and presentation of results.

Interview Questions

• how many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in a day in USA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC) in July 2011.

Interview

Two phone screens followed by an all-day in-person interview. Phone interviews include the typical fit questions, a walkthrough of your resume, and a quick (5-10min) "brain teaser"

Interview Questions

• during the all-day series of in-person interviews, one will include a market sizing opportunity based on limited financial data from competitors. Others may provide a several year financial history of a company along with intentionally vague details about competitors' current operations and market share. Within a 20-30 minute timeline, you are asked to develop a market growth strategy citing specific opportunities and areas for growth (e.g. new markets or products) that can help Company X beat competitors in the mid-to-long run   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable at entry level positons

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates in September 2017.

Interview

Kaiser came to my university for an info session which I attended and then I networked with a university alum to get on their list. I was contacted for a first round interview over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time between academics and extracurriculars?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Associates (Washington, DC).

Interview

I am still in the very beginning stages of the interviewing process, but my initial phone call with a principal from the company was so nice. The interviewer was incredibly friendly and sold the company to me without having to try - he loves it there and it's obvious. I felt comfortable able to ask anything too.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

On-campus resume and application, first round interview by phone (30-45 minutes) and Superday (office visit and interview).

1st round consisted primarily of behavioral and fit questions, with one market sizing question

Superday consisted of 1 fit interview (30 minutes), 2 case interview (45 minutes each), and written case (90 minutes total)

Interview Questions

• Written case can be overwhelming at first due to large quantity of data - important to identify necessary data up-front and search documents for needed data. Time management also very important for this written case   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

1st round: 30 minute phone interview (mainly fit and resume). 2nd round: given a case online and had an hour to prepare a slide. 3rd round: hour long phone interview.