Kaiser Family Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaiser Family Foundation Interview Questions

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Family Foundation.

Interview

First round went great with a senior person, who asked mostly behavioral questions. For second round, was interviewed by a really junior person, who would be junior to the position I had applied for. This person didn't know much about healthcare and asked vague, open ended questions. I don't think S/he had any idea about the answers and therefore said weird things like "yeah you can't be an expert at writing". Very judgemental! Very bad style and process of interviewing. They had already hired someone, when they emailed several months later that they weren't going forward with me to the next round. Unprofessional.

Fellow/Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaiser Family Foundation.

Interview

First was an approximately 30 minute phone interview with one of the employees that was not too formal. I was then contacted via email for a timed data analysis skills test including creating and recreating charts and graphs with provided data and questions, editing written reports, and writing your own summaries of the data. The test took almost the entire time they had given me, and I had to send it back via email before the time expired.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with creating visual representations of data? What programs for data analysis have you used?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaiser Family Foundation (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

The entire interview process lasted about two months and consisted of 4 parts. First step involved a phone screening interview. There weren't really any curveballs, but given that this is a research position, you will be asked about previous experiences. The call lasted about 30 minutes.

Second part was a take home assignment that tested how well you could interpret and visualize data on powerpoint. You would be given about 3 hours to complete the assignment, and so no pressure; just do this from the comfort of your home. These first two junks took up the first month.

Third part was an on site interview at the Menlo Park Office and the fourth was a return visit for lunch where you would get an opportunity to get to know your team members. These are great chances for you to learn more about KFF, develop a potential desire to work for the nonprofit, and ask any questions you might have.

Overall, the work environment is perfect for someone who wants to be a part of a meaningful group of individuals doing impactful research for policy makers. Not only will you also get great benefits, but you will find yourself wanting to be in this office setting.

Health Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Family Foundation.

Interview

I had my application materials passed along by an acquaintance. I was emailed a few days later and asked for a writing sample. Had an hour long phone interview the next week that seemed to go very well. Was told I would be contacted within a week for "next steps." Then I never heard from them again despite emailing them and inquiring about the position and my application again.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Photoshop/WordPress.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaiser Family Foundation (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

Began with a standard 1-on-1 phone interview, then invited to a group phone interview with several team members, and finally interviewed in person with remaining team members at the office. Everyone was very friendly, open, well-prepared, and intelligent. I really liked the look and feel of Kaiser's office building. I unfortunately wasn't offered the job, but my contact person was courteous and very helpful about offering feedback and other assistance, both of which are rarely given even when one asks. It was one of the most positive interviewing experiences I've had.

Quality Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaiser Family Foundation in September 2008.

Interview

group interview panel of 5 directors