Kasasa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kasasa

2.9

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kasasa (Austin, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very bizarre. I applied on a Thursday morning and received a text message from the hiring manager a couple hours later asking if we could speak that afternoon. During our initial phone call he asked a bunch of rapid fire, cliche, sales manager questions. At the end of the call he asked me if I could meet him at a Hampton Inn the next afternoon (these are remote roles) about an hour from where I live. I explained I had a commitment and he asked if I could meet there Saturday. A little uncomfortable with this sense of urgency, I said I was busy. We agreed to meet first thing the following Monday. He asked that after the call I text him with the date/time when we were meeting.

Later that evening, the hiring manager texted me again telling me that I need to call other people in the role to learn about the position and that I should expect a call from his manager too. The following day--when I told the hiring manager I was busy I received a call from his counterpart in another region. I'm sure he was a nice guy, but he was rather obnoxious, fast talking, and pretty much wasted both of our times asking a bunch of cliche sales questions.

I met with the hiring manager as planned. Nothing too out of the ordinary, except he drew a bunch of pictures on my resume. To close out the interview I asked what the next steps in the process are, and he looked at me with a blank, awkward stare. We spoke for a few more minutes at which point he asked "why aren't you closing me?" I asked what he meant, as I asked what the next steps are as a means of building a commitment to move forward. He rambled you should be saying "what do I have to do to be your guy?" or "who else are you interviewing?" I didn't say it, but I thought those questions would be inappropriate and wondered if this guy is exceptionally needy.

After leaving the interview, I went home a bit confused. I started calling other people in the position. After speaking with the first person, I knew taking the position would be a better idea. During the calls, I received a voicemail from the hiring manager's manager. When I returned the call, he was very fast talking and sounded like a huge bser. He kept ranting about how he needs hunters and not relationship managers. He also said that it was his understanding I was coming to Austin to meet with him. This was news to me, so I played along.

Later that day, the recruiter called me seeing if I could come to the office in two days and they would reimburse me for my flight and hotel stay. I knew I wasn't taking the position after speaking with the team members, but thought I should go anyway. They ended up switching the time, causing me to need to change my flight time.

I went to the office and the receptionist gave me a folder with trinkets and information. One of the first things I was told is employees are paid $2000 to get a tattoo of the company logo. I met with the manager's manager (who I had the phone conversation with) first. He sat eating a cookie and rambling with his mouth full. The conversation was brief and he said he liked me from the phone call and already signed off on me.

I ended up meeting with two other SME types, took some quiz and that was my visit to the headquarters. The recruiter said he would be in touch with me by the end of the week. The hiring manager asked that I call him following the interview, which I did while I waited for my flight. I left him a voicemail and never heard back. The recruiter did not call me by week end like he said he would. I ended up receiving a system generated email from him a two weeks later--at least it saved the awkwardness of explaining I was declining the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Kasasa? Where else are you interviewing?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kasasa (Austin, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

This should be a positive review, but unfortunately, it isn't. My initial experience was great. Everyone was welcoming, friendly, and kind. Kasasa heavily promotes its value system and culture. My initial interactions with everyone at the company indicated to me that Kasasa was not just paying lip service to these values.

I initially got a call at the end of June and had a phone screen with HR. Two days later, I had a phone call with the hiring manager. Twelve days later, I had a 4-hour onsite.

The onsite involved taking the Wonderlic test, then meeting with the hiring manager and the product team. I also met with the associate PMs that work on the product and with team leads from other departments that also work closely with the product. Everyone asked excellent questions, and those interviews seemed to go very well. I sent my thank-you emails and kept my finger crossed.

About a week after that, I got another call and was surprised to hear there was a 2nd interview later that week. This interview was a 3-hour onsite. I met briefly with the associate product manager I would be working closely with and the hiring manager. The bulk of this interview I spent with the CIO.

I was initially scheduled to close out the day with HR. I figured I would ask about the next steps during that portion of the interview. I don't like taking up valuable interview time with team members asking "next steps" questions. Instead, I prefer to ask questions about the product and product process.

The day after my interview, I sent thank-you emails and also a follow-up email to my HR contact asking about next steps. I got no response from HR.

A week later, I sent a follow-up email to the hiring manager. I also got no response.

I waited another week and called the HR contact. I got a message stating that his voicemail box was full. So I called and asked to speak to the other HR person. She wasn't handling the position but had been my point of contact for my first onsite. I was able to get this HR contact on the phone. I informed her of the voicemail issue and asked about the status of the position. She told me she couldn't help me but would contact her colleague and have someone get back to me. She apologized and said that "Kasasa didn't want to leave anyone hanging."

That was a week ago, and since then I have received no contact from the company.

This process took 4-weeks and involved 7 hours at their offices; not to mention the hours of prep time on my part. Not following up with professional inquiries on the status of the position leaves a terrible impression. It is unfortunate the process ended this way. As up until this point, I genuinely wanted to work for Kasasa.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize features?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer who won't move to a new platform when you need to sunset the old one?   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kasasa (Austin, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied for and went through three rounds of interviews for a different Director of Product Management role. Kasasa decided not to fill that role as their strategy change. Recruiter who called to deliver that news said "but we like you and want you to interview for another Director of Product Management role."

I agreed and few weeks later I came back in for another round of interviews. This was similar to the first round of interviews with two exceptions: (1) no need to retake the Wonderlic test, (2) my first of five interviews was an hour-long group interview with three product managers (all other interviews were 30 min with a single interviewer).

Nothing notable at interviews. Went home sent the normal interview follow up thank you emails and them waited. And waited. And waited. Nothing.

No reply to the follow up email or call. Ghosted. It's been a few months now. Don't expect to hear anything.

If you like a candidate enough to call them back on site a second time and have a group of your employees spend half a day with the candidate, the least you could do is spend another 60 seconds to send them a "thanks but no thanks" email to close the loop.

Disappearing is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you exert influence across teams? How do you get people on other teams who don't report to you to do the work you need them to do?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kasasa (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, tech assessment with ambiguous question including presentation (to test thought process and problem solving), then on-site interview with hiring manager and the team. Also took Wonderlic test on-site to begin which was very similar to practice tests you can take online.

Interview Questions

• Based on Kasasa's core values, which do you feel represents you the most?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kasasa.

Interview

Started with timed aptitude test, then two hour of interviews. First interview with two team members, second with hiring manager. Interviewing with the hiring manager was very strange, she asked a number of open ended subjective question based on what I would do in certain situations. When I answered she was quick to tell me I was wrong and then explained what the correct answer was. In one case she made a buzzer type noise like when you answer a question wrong on a game show. Despite this, I felt like I did well and after our interview she walked me around the office. At the end of the office tour she took me into a conference room and told she didn’t think I was right for the job. Which was fine, but then she proceeded to talk about how great the company was for another solid 30 minutes. It was a bit upsetting to already have been there close to 3 hours, be told I didn’t get the job, and then continue to waste my time.

Interview Questions

• How one would handle certain situations and challenges related to project management.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kasasa in September 2018.

Interview

Applied, scheduled phone screen, 30 minute conversation with a pleasant recruiter.

I declined to proceed with the interview process after learning their salary expectations were well under the market average for Austin. Great company and mission, terrible compensation.

Interview Questions

Kasasa Response

May 23, 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback. We appreciate hearing from you. While we’re happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our Recruiting team, we’re sorry to hear that you withdrew from the process. We base our salary ranges for our positions based on the years of experience needed and the current needs of the department and organization. We’re also proud to offer the many perks and benefits that make up our Total Rewards. Our Total Rewards package includes open PTO, 13 paid holidays, 12 weeks Maternity plan, 3 weeks Paternity plan, fully stocked breakrooms, month-end catered lunch and breakfast tacos, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) employer match of 50% up to 6% of the employee contribution to name a few. We would love to welcome another conversation should you be interested in another role at Kasasa. Again, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it and wish you the best of luck in your job search! Loren Zeid HR Manager

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kasasa (Austin, TX).

Interview

Full day interview consisting of a panel interview, 30 mins to prep a case that I had to present to leadership, the Wonderlic intelligence test, discussions over lunch with sr leaders, and a post-interview happy hour.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to sell something to the interviewer like a pen or your shoes   1 Answer

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kasasa (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. The next step was an onsite interview with the hiring manager and the team. There was also a computer based personality test which wasn't difficult. Overall it wasn't difficult.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience booking your own travel? What would you do if you missed your flight?   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kasasa.

Interview

A couple weeks after applying online, I was contacted by one of their HR Business Partners regarding scheduling an initial phone interview. During the phone interview, we discussed the role of the Client Success Manager, what drew me to the position and my overall experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your ingredients for a successful client presentation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer objected to your suggestion and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Kasasa Response

Feb 8, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

Greetings - Thank you for posting some facts surrounding your interview and application process. However, I could not discern if your candidate experience was good, bad or if you were simply communicating what you did, the response you received, and giving a few examples of interview questions. As a Top 5 Best Places to Work, we not only want the employee experience to be second to none, we want all candidates and applicants to have a positive experience, as well. I hope your experience was positive and the outcome of your interview was fair. In the interest of ensuring your experience was optimal, I am very open to speaking with you in real-time about your experience and hearing your thoughts on how we can improve. No matter your response, I really appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts. Wishing you the best! Milton J. Perkins VP, Human Resources

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kasasa in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was 4 rounds long. Consisted of a phone interview, a work sample, an in-person interview, and a cognitive ability test. The cognitive test had samples online and wasn't too overwhelming. The in person interview consisted of job related questions and personal questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you adapt to change?   1 Answer