Kelly-Moore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kelly-Moore

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly-Moore (Hurst, TX).

Interview

lied about what expenses that I would have to pay. I didn't know that I would have to pay for the company vehicle which is $190 per month. I did not know that I would have to pay for weekly car washed on the company vehicle. I did not know that they DO NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE 401k. I did not know that the employee stock option plan stock value was under $2 per share which means that you don't make any money off of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you can do different to grow our customer base   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kelly-Moore (Oakland, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager was super chill. She asked me why I applied and was easy going. She just wanted to see that I was serious about the job and how I interacted. She asked easy questions and I responded truthfully and she liked my answers.
    It was an informal interview as we chatted a bit and got to know each other. Everyone was extremely helpful and even the security guard showed me where to go

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply to Kelly-Moore?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly-Moore (Hayward, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

This was an internal interview. A posting for the position is sent out to the organization's internal website and I applied by submitting a transfer request form. The hiring manager will then contact the candidates for an interview. In this scenario, I was the only one interviewed and hired.

Interview Questions

• If hired, what are your plans to increase sales and total gallons sold for your territory   Answer Question

Will Call Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly-Moore.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty straight forward, Kelly Moore will hire anyone who is willing and able to work. The interview starts with a test assessment about what you know about the paint industry and have a math component. Next step is a one on one short interview with management not always the manager. After the interview a physical, drug test and background check follows. Getting a call back as soon as possible depends on all the factors stated. ** Management will look at how your dressed and first impression, personality is key. Dress pants and shirt is recommended for the interview process. **

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly-Moore (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed. The interviewer also gave me feedback on some of my responses to his interview questions. It felt more like a dialogue about the job than it was a formal interview. It was surprisingly very quick as well. Usually they say they will be definitely be in touch you after the interview, but they don't contact you after a decision has been made... at least in my experience they haven't.

Interview Questions

• The store is about to close in 2 minutes and a customer calls and says that he is stuck in traffic, but will be there in 20 minutes. What would you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kelly-Moore (Broken Arrow, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

Ten minute interview. Basic stuff. Theres not too much to the job so there wasn't much to the interview. They were just looking for a warm body to toss around 5 gallon paint buckets. The term Inside Sales Rep was a joke. Great job for high school dropouts.

Interview Questions

• When the District Manager said, "If this is your looking to make some serious money, this isn't the place."   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. 10 an hour. Take it or leave it. Took it because I was desperate at the time. Tulsa economy is in the tank.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly-Moore (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

When I got hired, i was interviewed by a very professional man in his late twenties of white ethnicity. He introduced him self formally and made the environment very friendly by using a very friendly tone of voice and making eye contact. The sequence of his questions was very well organized and logical. He allowed me to tell him about my previous experience and asked specific questions only after explaining the job's requirements well enough for me to see the big picture. This allowed me to get a sense of how to properly answer to his questions. I am very satisfied with my initial impression of Kelly-Moore Paints.

Interview Questions

• none. very straight forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was tense, but I got what I expected.