KellyOCG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.6

Vendor Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KellyOCG (Cambridge, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The process took 2 months+ before I withdrew due to lack of communication and feedback. The process began with a 30 minute conversation with the recruiter followed by a 30 minute conversation with the hiring manager. This was followed by a 1 hour interview with the team and a 30 minute conversation with the director.

The process was a lot longer than it needed to be, and communication was quite lacking throughout the process

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were normal interview questions (Going through my background)   1 Answer

Mobile Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KellyOCG.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about a role he was trying to fill for a tech company. After several emails discussing the role, the Executive-level recruiter called me abruptly, without scheduling a call. This immediately struck me as strange, so I asked to schedule another call in advance so I could have more time to speak. When he called me back during our scheduled time, the first thing he asked me was my current salary. I let him know my target salary and asked if this was within the range that the job would pay. He condescendingly told me I was shooting way too high for a "design position" and demanded for my current salary again. I explained my reasoning for my salary target based on the role and my experience, but he pressed again asking my salary. When I told him I wasn't willing to give that information, he unexpectedly hung up. I was shocked that an executive talent consultant would have such bad manners. If there was not a fit, that is fine, but common courtesy should still be given.

Solution Architect Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KellyOCG in August 2016.

Interview

Very through and lengthy. Met with a number of senior leaders from numerous functional groups. Process moved slowly, but given the depth of questions and the importance of the role, it was necessary to ensure the fit would be right for both KellyOCG and I.

Interview Questions

• Why could your experience improve Kelly OCG?   1 Answer

Vendor Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KellyOCG in December 2015.

Interview

There were six phone interviews with 5 different people over a two week course. Once you pass a certain level of interview you will have to grant permission for a background check and provide 5 references (2 of whom have to be former managers) once you are a final candidate but not yet selected.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions about work history and current daily tasks. There were a few behavioral based questions but only during the phone interview with the Director.   Answer Question

Senior Vendor Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KellyOCG (Hartford, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone conversation with recruiter the day after I applied online- 20 minutes; phone screen with implementation consultant - 30-45 minutes; phone screen with operations director - 45 minutes; face to face meeting with the client - 20-30 minutes. Very quick feedback after each interview with information to prepare me for the next round. The whole process (application to offer) took about 7 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is (it was 10% higher than I had asked for)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KellyOCG.

Interview

Very casual interview process. Most of the interview is spent going over the position. It was more of a conversation than a formal interview, which was more comfortable in my opinion.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KellyOCG.

Interview

Initial interview with internal recruiter for Kelly. A couple of add'l with Managers on the Nissan account. Verbal offer followed by soft copy by email, then application/background and drug.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically other than them asking what sources I use and how confident I am with Engineering and Mfg   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Accepted offer as it was made.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KellyOCG.

Interview

Process was easy, was contacted by phone after my resume was sourced. Went onsite for interviews and also interviewed with the client as a second round. Verbal offer was extended shortly after.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KellyOCG in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn. The recruiter I initially spoke with "went up to bat" for me. She was great, very disorganized, but over all great. Had a few short phone interviews. I was called back for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was pretty simple, just basic questions about experience, etc.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KellyOCG (Remote, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process at KellyOCG, for some of its RPOs, is pretty good. The managers are knowledgeable and will give you real world opinions of what to expect. Be prepared to provide the basic information so that a background check can be completed.

Interview Questions

• There are no hidden or surprise questions. The interview gets at the heart of what you know and don't know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

KellyOCG plays hardball with all offers. If you do not accept the low ball offer, they are happy to move on to the next candidate.