Kemin Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.9

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

30 minute presentation
    3-4 2 on 1 behavior questioning
    The interview took about 5-6 hours, but most of it were the same style format questions. There were no stumps or tricks like I've faced during other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific time when your manager asked you to do something you didn't agree with or think would work. How did you handle the situation, what was your manager's reaction, what as the result for the company, and would you make the same decision again?   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Initial phone interview is technical followed by multiple behavorial phone interviews. On-site interview involves a presentation of your research experiences followed by a series of behavioral interviews by different teams.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Des Moines, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a one interview and done. In person one on one with the lab manager. I was also introduced to the rest of the lab staff. The interview was three hours long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview to asses your personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Des Moines, IA) in December 2013.

Interview

Lengthy, included an over the phone interview with personality questions from the challenger theory of sales, then an in person interview in Iowa, with 4 people including the president, marketing director, Research and Development Director, as well as a Vice President from another business unit. Last I gave a presentation to the group for approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled challenging co-workers in the past?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Interview

The only interview I received was over the phone.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kemin Industries in June 2011.

Interview

Intense but thorough. You first give a presentation and then meet with several small groups. It was intimidating at first, but everyone was very friendly and I got a good feel for the culture.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give a presentation to a large group of people.   Answer Question

Quality Control Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Des Moines, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

A lot of questions not related to the position A series of tag team interviews actually 4 teams then lunch with 3 more people then a 1 on 1 with the big cheese and then one more with HR ...

Interview Questions

• followed the star paradigm to a tee. Make sure you have complete situation task action and response for a number of issues. This is the entire interview process   Answer Question

Director of R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Des Moines, IA) in March 2010.

Interview

The initial request for a telephone interview was made two days after I had applied to an online posting.

The interview format was unique in my experience, consisting of the interviewer reading me several dozen questions from a script. Most of these had little to do with the job responsibilities and my qualifications opposite them. Rather, they were of the open ended psychological evaluation type, with many different questions asking essentially the same things in alternate ways.

When I asked for clarification on some of the questions prior to answering, the interviewer told me to just answer as I saw fit, that there were no "right" or "wrong" answers; but of course there were (sort of like filling out a Wal-Mart job application, if you have experienced that dubious pleasure). Without knowing exactly what the interviewer wanted to know, I'm sure I shot myself in the foot with some of my answers.

Several things asked for, both in the questions themselves and in additional information I was requested to supply afterwards, were thinly veiled attempts to determine my age without crossing the line into overt age descrimination. Unfortunately, I am a member of that unsuitable-for-hire 50+ age group.

There was no follow-up contact from the company after the interview, but the position was re-posted the following month; 'nuff said.

Interview Questions

• The whole line of questioning was outside of my previous experience.   1 Answer

Cls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview took about one hour with HR exec and hiring manager. 30 mins for each. Second interview was with the Scientist. The first interview focuses on whether you are right for the company, and the second determines if you are the best candidate for the position.