Kemper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.5

Claims Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemper (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview about 40 minutes caught me offguard. I thought it would be a short HR interview over the phone but the HR person spent 40 minutes pre-qualifying me for the job, a job entailing management of bad faith litigation. I was caught off guard by the sheer number of questions. I was told it would be a week before I heard - they must not have liked me two days later I got a no thank you email.

Interview Questions

• Lots of touchy feely questions about what I need to succeed or something or what I needed from colleagues   1 Answer

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemper (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview which is the first step, interview was professional and convenient over the phone.
    The interview was scheduled for 20 mins but lasted just 10. Very direct and to the point . After the phone interview was scheduled for an inperson interview

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the position
      What value would you bring to the position
      Describe your professional background and why you chose Kemper
      Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemper (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Different experience but positive overall. I applied through an online recruiter. Had a very quick phone screen. Maybe 5-7 minutes. Moved on to the next step where I attended an open house. It seemed like they were either understaffed or just running way behind, as my interview started over a hour past the time we agreed on. Personally, this didn't bother me and I feel helped, as I was interviewed by a manager who stepped in to assist. We ended up having a GREAT conversation and was very relaxed. I think we talked for a hour.

I was extended an offer a week later. And to my surprise, not for a trainee position, but Property Adjuster 1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Currently negotiating salary.

Property Desk Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

Interview

The interview process was an open house function and soft refreshments were served. The applicants met in a meeting room and waited to be called for the formal interview. It was very relaxing and staff was very friendly. A staff from Human Resources came into the conference room while we were waiting and described the goals of the company. I had the luxury of being asked to stay for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• One thing I was asked was why they should hire me?   1 Answer
    • Q: Do you get an offer?   1 Answer

F N O L Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kemper (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

it was smooth and vey informative. the woman who interviewed me was informative about the job and asked me questions on where I want to be in this job. she even asked hoe much I would like to be paid and when I got the job the offered well over what I said id work for

Interview Questions

• asked if I could type with out looking   1 Answer

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemper (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screener call and ask me questions about my experience. Then the claims manager in a nearby office had me come in for a face to face interview. I then had another phone interview with management from the office I would report out of. I was then offered the job

Interview Questions

• How do you negotiate with an attorney?
      How do you evaluate a BI claim?
      Answer Question

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kemper (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Three people doing the interview. One of the interviewers turned it into an interrogation. Lot of confusion with just getting the interview wstablished as they were using an old email from a monster account (not used in years) as opposed to the email i use in every other instance. Didnt know they got my resume from there. Company confused the interview dates. Had to forward the recruiter the email to prove it to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me abouy a specific time where you went above and beyond at a job.   Answer Question

Kemper Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Corporate Communications Manager

We value your feedback and are always looking for opportunities to improve, so we appreciate you sharing your experience!

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by someone from HR within a week. My first interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Most of the questions pertained to my previous actuarial experience and the technical levels of the software I used. Two weeks later I was invited to an onsite interview in Chicago, IL. There were 3 people that interviewed me and 2 other analysts that took me to lunch. There were a couple of creative/analytical questions that I had to reason through during one of the onsite interviews. In general, questions were pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have to format the data differently than normal before analyzing it.   Answer Question

Kemper Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Corporate Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review Kemper. Please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for company updates and future job openings!

Claims Adjuster II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kemper (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a short phone screen interview and then from there was scheduled for an interview with hiring managers. Very positive interview experience. Both managers were very friendly down to earth and personable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you organize your day?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kemper in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online and a phone interview was scheduled. Phone interview for approximate twenty five mins asking for basic finance questions and insurance related questions as well as computer skills. Questions are straight forward