Kemper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kemper Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Claims Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kemper.

Interview

Interview process is great. (Standard like any other interview.
    Another source of feedback we value is employee reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed. If you haven’t already, please visit Kemper’s pages and rate your experience with Kemper. The process should only take a few minutes and your feedback and insights can help us recruit more talented team members for your department and across the organization.

Interview Questions

Kemper Response

Jan 22, 2018 – Brand Manager

Welcome aboard!

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemper in December 2017.

Interview

First Round: Phone Screening. Talking about data science projects that you’ve worked on to a recruiter.

Second Round: Another phone screen but with a data scientist. More high level about previous projects.

Final Round: Day long at Kemper. 30 minute presentation on a previous project (can be lower level), multiple 45 minute interviews about yourself, analyzing code, what models you would use, how you’ve implemented them, etc. Finally ~1.5 hours of a coding session using language of choice. They just want to see how your mind works on a clean data set.

I declined the job because I wasn’t satisfied with the salary. But, overall, I had a great experience and the team seems to be very well organized!

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on?   Answer Question
    • Given this problem, what would be your modeling approach? What techniques would you use?   Answer Question

Dec 18, 2017 – Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process.

Casualty Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Venus, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kemper (Venus, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I put in my application. Two days later I received an email requesting a phone interview for the next day. The following day I completed the phone interview, and then late that afternoon I received another email requesting a face to face interview. I completed that approx a week later. 3 business days later I received a call and was ended an offer

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with determining coverage and liability?   Answer Question
    • How many years experience do you have handling non standard insurance?   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Brand Manager

Welcome to the Kemper team!

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kemper.

Interview

I am normally not one to post reviews after interviews as every person and company is different in how they like to conduct these processes but I feel job prospects need to hear the following story about Kemper.

I went through a completely normal 3 step interview process: hr phone, hiring manager phone, in-person with multiple people. Around 2 weeks later I was offered a job. We negotiated and I verbally accepted. I was told that I should have a completed background and offer letter within 3-4 business days. If I wanted I could put in my 2 weeks notice, which I declined to do until receiving the letter.

3-4 business days came and went... Then 3-4 weeks came and went (while constantly talking with the recruiter) with no explanation of what was happening. I've heard of these things happening so that isn't what was in such poor taste. Essentially, I knew through several channels a person in the department and after a month we got in touch. This person made me aware that the department never had an original sign off to even hire for the position. So I was hired on, negotiated, and told to quit my job over a position that was posted but never even had the ability to be hired for. What a mess.

I don't know where this process went wrong. Whether it was HR, the department, or something else (hiring freeze, etc). I'm also sure this isn't a reflection of the entire company as I have been told it is a great place to work. However, anyone in the process with Kemper should be aware.

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Kemper in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process professional and efficient. They were positive and transparent. They were punctual and explained the entire process. Provided clear description of job duties and pros and cons. Took the.time to solicit questions

Interview Questions

Kemper Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Brand Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We hope you continue to check for opportunities with us in the future.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kemper (Moosic, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was 2 parts. First one was initially on the phone then about a 30 minute interview in the office itself, where they asked a series of questions mostly pertaining to prior job experiences

Interview Questions

• What is a quality you can bring from your previous job?   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Brand Manager

We appreciate employee referrals, and we are glad you are part of our team now.

Customer Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemper (Moosic, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The first step is a phone screen in which you are asked different question one being what type of experience do you have? If our experience applies you are offered to follow an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Interview

Professional interview with HR on all aspects of job and company. Further setup interview with technical and management team. They were all very professional and approachable. Conversation was interactive. Following up with HR was easy and they were also responding to phone calls and emails

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about previous supervisor experience, managing people, managing multiple projects, handling stress, employee conflict, challenges, innovation   1 Answer

Jun 26, 2017 – Brand Manager

Welcome to the team!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemper (Moosic, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and thorough, proper and different questions were asked with different scenarios which was a change from other interviews. They covered all angles of the company and what the purpose and value is

Interview Questions

• How would you handle (scenario) this situation?   1 Answer

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemper (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was a walk through your resume, the interviewer didn't seem very interested in anything besides asking you about past experience. Did the onsite interview and instantly had a bad feeling when I entered the office, there was hardly anyone there and there just didn't seem to be any energy from the people interviewing me. I was interviewed by two assistant FP&A VPs, a VP of finance, and their director of strategic planning. First one didn't even ask me about myself, just wanted to know what questions I had about the program. The others were marginally interested in getting to know me, but I didn't get a very good impression from the whole process, just seemed like a depressing place to work. If I was offered the position I very likely would have turned it down.