Kemper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kemper Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kemper.

Interview

I am normally not one to post reviews after interviews as every person and company is different in how they like to conduct these processes but I feel job prospects need to hear the following story about Kemper.

I went through a completely normal 3 step interview process: hr phone, hiring manager phone, in-person with multiple people. Around 2 weeks later I was offered a job. We negotiated and I verbally accepted. I was told that I should have a completed background and offer letter within 3-4 business days. If I wanted I could put in my 2 weeks notice, which I declined to do until receiving the letter.

3-4 business days came and went... Then 3-4 weeks came and went (while constantly talking with the recruiter) with no explanation of what was happening. I've heard of these things happening so that isn't what was in such poor taste. Essentially, I knew through several channels a person in the department and after a month we got in touch. This person made me aware that the department never had an original sign off to even hire for the position. So I was hired on, negotiated, and told to quit my job over a position that was posted but never even had the ability to be hired for. What a mess.

I don't know where this process went wrong. Whether it was HR, the department, or something else (hiring freeze, etc). I'm also sure this isn't a reflection of the entire company as I have been told it is a great place to work. However, anyone in the process with Kemper should be aware.

IT Manager Interview

Interview

Professional interview with HR on all aspects of job and company. Further setup interview with technical and management team. They were all very professional and approachable. Conversation was interactive. Following up with HR was easy and they were also responding to phone calls and emails

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about previous supervisor experience, managing people, managing multiple projects, handling stress, employee conflict, challenges, innovation   1 Answer

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemper (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was a walk through your resume, the interviewer didn't seem very interested in anything besides asking you about past experience. Did the onsite interview and instantly had a bad feeling when I entered the office, there was hardly anyone there and there just didn't seem to be any energy from the people interviewing me. I was interviewed by two assistant FP&A VPs, a VP of finance, and their director of strategic planning. First one didn't even ask me about myself, just wanted to know what questions I had about the program. The others were marginally interested in getting to know me, but I didn't get a very good impression from the whole process, just seemed like a depressing place to work. If I was offered the position I very likely would have turned it down.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kemper (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the hiring manager by a current employee that I had worked with as a previous employer. This helped me get in the door, so make sure you look for connections on LinkedIn that could help you gain an introduction to the company.

Interview Questions

• To formulate a business plan that would help me achieve the goals that the company had for my territory. It had to be very well prepared and have action items that can be tracked and monitored.   Answer Question

Kemper Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Brand Manager

We are glad you visited Kemper! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to stay connected with us and learn about future job opportunities.

Claims Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemper (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview about 40 minutes caught me offguard. I thought it would be a short HR interview over the phone but the HR person spent 40 minutes pre-qualifying me for the job, a job entailing management of bad faith litigation. I was caught off guard by the sheer number of questions. I was told it would be a week before I heard - they must not have liked me two days later I got a no thank you email.

Interview Questions

• Lots of touchy feely questions about what I need to succeed or something or what I needed from colleagues   1 Answer

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemper (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview which is the first step, interview was professional and convenient over the phone.
    The interview was scheduled for 20 mins but lasted just 10. Very direct and to the point . After the phone interview was scheduled for an inperson interview

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the position
      What value would you bring to the position
      Describe your professional background and why you chose Kemper
      Answer Question

Kemper Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review Kemper.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemper (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Different experience but positive overall. I applied through an online recruiter. Had a very quick phone screen. Maybe 5-7 minutes. Moved on to the next step where I attended an open house. It seemed like they were either understaffed or just running way behind, as my interview started over a hour past the time we agreed on. Personally, this didn't bother me and I feel helped, as I was interviewed by a manager who stepped in to assist. We ended up having a GREAT conversation and was very relaxed. I think we talked for a hour.

I was extended an offer a week later. And to my surprise, not for a trainee position, but Property Adjuster 1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Currently negotiating salary.

Property Desk Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

Interview

The interview process was an open house function and soft refreshments were served. The applicants met in a meeting room and waited to be called for the formal interview. It was very relaxing and staff was very friendly. A staff from Human Resources came into the conference room while we were waiting and described the goals of the company. I had the luxury of being asked to stay for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• One thing I was asked was why they should hire me?   1 Answer
    • Q: Do you get an offer?   1 Answer

F N O L Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kemper (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

it was smooth and vey informative. the woman who interviewed me was informative about the job and asked me questions on where I want to be in this job. she even asked hoe much I would like to be paid and when I got the job the offered well over what I said id work for

Interview Questions

• asked if I could type with out looking   1 Answer

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemper (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screener call and ask me questions about my experience. Then the claims manager in a nearby office had me come in for a face to face interview. I then had another phone interview with management from the office I would report out of. I was then offered the job

Interview Questions

• How do you negotiate with an attorney?
      How do you evaluate a BI claim?
      Answer Question