KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kemper Reviews

Updated May 26, 2022

Found 1,558 of over 1,612 reviews

4.0
Kemper President and Chief Executive Officer Joseph P. Lacher, Jr. (no image)
Joseph P. Lacher, Jr.

What people are saying about Kemper

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kemper and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Excellent Employer!

Aug 4, 2021 - Claims Representative in Syracuse, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! You are empowered to make decisions. You feel more like you are a part of a family then just another employee. Management is very personable and understands the balance of work life vs. personal life.

Cons

I do not have any "cons" regarding Kemper

9 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Overall Rating

May 26, 2022 - Senior Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kemper is a good company it has very good organizing structure. For new Employees there are so many benefits with sign on Bonus, Health Insurance, 401k plan, 19 PTO in a calendar year. The Working culture is the best when we compare with other Insurance domains. Technically we can learn so many things & we can grow from them as well, Managers, team Members every one are very helpful.

Cons

Communication between Teams should be proper.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Trainee POV

May 25, 2022 - Commercial Auto Claims Adjuster Trainee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Of the staff that I have met, they have been amazing and welcoming. My mentor is fabulous and very thorough thus far in my training. Management is great and it's a friendly team atmosphere. I am very pleased with the company. They provide excellent benefits, hours, PTO, etc.

Cons

I haven't been here long enough to determine cons (if any).

4. 4.0

Training/New Hire

May 25, 2022 - Subrogation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training and very helpful staff. The training has been some of the best I have ever received and I work remote!!

Cons

Various time zones during remote training. However, everyone has been very flexible and accommodating.

5. 5.0

Excellent work environment

May 24, 2022 - Data Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers, manageable expectations, and people are always willing to help.

Cons

Sometimes slow due to massive size of company

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work!

May 24, 2022 - Subrogation Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, flexible schedule, great mangagment.

Cons

Do not have cons have this time.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great opportunity for growth

May 23, 2022 - Total Loss Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many different paths you can take to further your career with the company. Good health/dental benefits. 401k match plan.

Cons

Some people do not prefer desk jobs.

8. 5.0

I love it here.

May 20, 2022 - Claims Adjuster Trainee
    Business Outlook

Pros

While it is a lot of information to learn, it is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I feel appreciated at my job and the staff is helpful and eager to teach me. Everyone is polite and wants to help you to grow within the company. I love it here.

Cons

A lot of information to learn.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

May 18, 2022 - Trial Attorney II in Doral, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional, courteous co-workers Amazing benefits package Clear expectations for performance Great office location

Cons

Cannot work fully remote, but hybrid schedules are allowed

10. 5.0

So Far So Good

May 18, 2022 - FNOL Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extensive and comprehensive training period, great starting pay with room to grow, great benefits, and great work environment.

Cons

This is specifically for me but the commute isn't great but there is the opportunity for working remotely

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,558 Reviews

Kemper Reviews FAQs

Kemper has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,612 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Kemper to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Kemper employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Kemper. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

79% of Kemper employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kemper 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Kemper to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace .

Popular Careers with Kemper Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Kemper? Share Your Experiences

Kemper Careers

Cover image for Kemper

Kemper is One of The Nation’s Most Trusted Insurers Backed by the financial strength and stability of an A.M. Best A-rated national...More

• Culture at Kemper
  • Operations

Company Updates

Logo

4 days ago

Hiring
Field Agency Manager – Remote, Kentucky Kemper Health is looking for a field agency manager for our office in Kentucky. Our sales managers are Kemper employees with benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and 401(k).
Shared image - Field Agency Manager - SIGN ON BONUS (Local Remote) in Remote, Kentucky, United States of America | Sales at Kemper
careers.kemper.com

Kemper Photos

+ Add Photo
Kemper photo of: Kemper
Kemper photo of: Write your own professional success story with a career at Kemper!
Kemper photo of: We are champions of community involvement, from associate volunteer programs to company sponsorships and events.
Kemper photo of: Kemper Food Drive 2019
Kemper photo of: Kemper Auto McAllen team at the red white and you job fair.
Kemper photo of: Open House