Kennametal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kennametal Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.7

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview

Went through two phone interviews was told they would schedule an interview with the hiring manager only to receive an automated rejection over that same weekend. Then when reached out to verify since I was told I made it through to the next round I got radio silence. Never heard from the HR rep again. I found that a little unprofessional.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kennametal (New Castle, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled out Kelly services job application. Took physical and started the next week. Got a voucher for work boots. Had to wear steel toe shoes, company purchased. No real interview. It was more on filling a production problem at Kenna metal.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, just did you graduate high school.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kennametal (Bedford, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I first had a screening interview that covered my professional background. I then was selected to meet the hiring manager and HR manager at the job location. I was asked about the reason for leaving my last job and several questions about my professional experience and management style. I also received a plant tour and met two people in the same role that I was applying for.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kennametal (Solon, OH).

Interview

Got in for fast interview. They called and laft message for second interview and never answered my reply or got back to me.I also sent an email and called His man Resources Department and no reply. Bad way to run a business

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennametal (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke to representatives at campus career fair. Set up an on campus interview for the next day. Interview was conducted by three people, all very friendly. Questions were pretty normal compared to other interviews I have had.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself someone that asks for permission or forgiveness?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennametal (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Panel of 3 people. Standard 30-45 minutes’ interview. Resume was filtered and selected by the firm before short-listing candidates for interview. It was a 1-day event and the decisions were made within 1 week. The panel had a director and 2 senior analysts. They were looking for a mix of technology and business back ground.

Interview Questions

• Why Kennametal   1 Answer
    • Explain the most important process in a SDLC model   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kennametal in March 2016.

Interview

Two phone calls, one with manager and one with a director. Very laid back and conversational. Interview with manager was slightly more laid back than director. Told of second interview during first interview, after second interview it was about 2 weeks before receiving an offer. HR was very slow during the process although the managers and directors were quick and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Name a strength and a weakness.   Answer Question
    • Talk of a time when you were working on a project and an unexpected problem occurred, and how you dealt with this problem.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview

It depends on the position. Some have a phone interview first, others begin with a 1 on 1. Some even go through multiple interviews over a course of a day. It all depends on level of the position you are going for .

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennametal (Fort Mill, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by phone and scheduled for a 2hr in person interview. I did not think it would last the full 2 hours but once I got my confirmation email I saw that it was scheduled off into blocks to interview with 4 different people. First I interviewd with the hiring manager and her boss. General interview questions I.e. Tell me about yourself, give me examples of this..etc no really hard questions
    They gave me a lot of onfo on the company. I pretty much went over the same exact thing with all 4 interviewers just at different times.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kennametal (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed solely by the location plant manager. Discussed plant manager's vision for the position and plant. Discussed my experience and career goals as well as evaluating my understanding of the position requirements.

Interview Questions

• What were my career aspirations?   1 Answer