Kennametal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kennametal

2.6

Sort:

Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview

The process was very efficient and everyone was very nice and professional. Process did not take very long. Everyone made the the process very relaxing and it was a smooth hand off from one person to the next.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennametal (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career center. Got in the interview with a sales manager and design manager. The process is relaxing, and there wasn't any difficult questions. Holding strong ethics is very important though

Interview Questions

• Just the standard behavioral questions such as what are you good at, what's your weakness   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennametal (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Panel of 3 people. Standard 30-45 minutes’ interview. Resume was filtered and selected by the firm before short-listing candidates for interview. It was a 1-day event and the decisions were made within 1 week. The panel had a director and 2 senior analysts. They were looking for a mix of technology and business back ground.

Interview Questions

• Why Kennametal   1 Answer
    • Explain the most important process in a SDLC model   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latrobe, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Kennametal (Latrobe, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

- 3 people were doing the interview
    - you should Know the company
    - Roughly 30 minutes long
    - Questions regarding experience, classes, and community service
    - Business Professional
    - You should Have some IT experience before applying

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview

It depends on the position. Some have a phone interview first, others begin with a 1 on 1. Some even go through multiple interviews over a course of a day. It all depends on level of the position you are going for .

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kennametal in March 2016.

Interview

Two phone calls, one with manager and one with a director. Very laid back and conversational. Interview with manager was slightly more laid back than director. Told of second interview during first interview, after second interview it was about 2 weeks before receiving an offer. HR was very slow during the process although the managers and directors were quick and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Name a strength and a weakness.   Answer Question
    • Talk of a time when you were working on a project and an unexpected problem occurred, and how you dealt with this problem.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latrobe, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Kennametal (Latrobe, PA).

Interview

Interview process started about 6 months after I applied for the job. I was sent an email that asked for my availability, and that some one would be in touch. After a couple weeks of that date coming and going, I then received a call from the hiring manager out of the blue. She began asking me questions about my experience, and then at the end of the call indicated that the job description had changed. I was then asked to come in meet with a couple individuals, when I asked what the new job description was not one person could give me an answer, and the individuals I was "interviewing" with were not only not helpful, but I'm not sure were the right individuals for me to meet with, as they have no idea what they were interviewing me for. All in all it was a very unprofessional interview process, I was referred to the job by a current employee, and indicated to him that if this was any indication on how the company operated I would not be a good fit. I later received a notification that I was not the right candidate for the job because the the description had changed again.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult, unexpected question was really just getting a call out of the blue, unscheduled from the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latrobe, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennametal (Latrobe, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Once they got my resume and they liked it, the HR person called me for a phone interview. We went through my resume and cleared some doubts. Then i was called for an onsite interview in 2 days. I had a day long interview which started with the HR head, my manager, Director of technology, Presentation and 2 other managers. once this was done, i was offered a package after 5 days. I accepted after negotiation.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join kennametel?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kennametal (Solon, OH).

Interview

Got in for fast interview. They called and laft message for second interview and never answered my reply or got back to me.I also sent an email and called His man Resources Department and no reply. Bad way to run a business

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kennametal (New Castle, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled out Kelly services job application. Took physical and started the next week. Got a voucher for work boots. Had to wear steel toe shoes, company purchased. No real interview. It was more on filling a production problem at Kenna metal.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, just did you graduate high school.   1 Answer